Cant get USB to recognize DJI hardware

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I am now using my 3rd PC. First one destroyed from anger! Second one didnt work and returned it to a friend. Now I am on my work PC which is only there to run the CNC router.

Downloaded both 32/64 bit drivers.
Instructions say to connect and power up MC and it should recognize new hardware. It didnt.
I manually installed the driver by adding new hardware. It says it is installed.
When I connect usb to MC and power up it senses something is there but there is a hardware error. Doesnt do anything.

Fired up software and nothing happens.

How god damned hard can it be to install a ****ing driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Ihave now uninstalled the usb drivers.

Plugged in the MC to the PC then attached the battery.

Next i double click the 32 bit driversetup.bat

It says device driver installation wizard scanned but didnt find any devices to be updated.

now what? maybe a 4th computer?

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I had the same problem. I downloaded the driver to a folder. Then went to device manager and found the WKM which was displaying a fault. Clicked update driver and showed it where the folder was. That seemed to sort the problem for me. Good luck!

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
hey Gunter

does the driver come up as signed or unsigned

keith

No idea Keith, I can't remember. I just know that when I installed it on my 64 bit laptop it installed itself no probs, but when I did it on the 32 bit machine I had to use the device manager.

gadgetkeith

likes gadgets
hey Gunter

could you do us a quick favour and look in device manager and let us know what dji is listed as in there

as im trying to help out through pm

but not having one to plug in this end

would not know what it would be listed as

so i can try and help out a bit better

cheers keith

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
hey Gunter

could you do us a quick favour and look in device manager and let us know what dji is listed as in there

as im trying to help out through pm

but not having one to plug in this end

would not know what it would be listed as

so i can try and help out a bit better

cheers keith

I can do but it will be in the morning...the workshop is locked up and the laptop is out there with the heli...and I am just about to hit the sack :)

I'm sure it is quite obvious though, when it's plugged in and turned on, go to device manager and it will have a big yellow triangle next to it...

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
It is definitely unsigned. but that's easy enough to get past. I tried everything you said Gunter and still no glory. I am going to try the same process with the WKM and see if that works. maybe it was bad hardware all this time? I see another destruction video in the future :)

thanks guys for your help.

plingboot

first off, go into the programmes folder and use the dji uninstallers

next install the dji app - mine all flagged up as unknown developers - run the app, powerup and connect the wkm via usb.

when the hardwear detection happens, navigate to the saved driver on you hd.

now, i'm no windows man, but it kinda doesn't surprise me that detection might not happen with xp, i've seen this with another robotic project i have and that was a total pia to sort out.

so, hard as it is i can still only suggest forking out for a netbook with win 7 starter. maybe something with an atom dual core, not spending more than $350-450. as mentioned elsewhere this was the single fastest way to almost instantly fix this issue. i definitely would NOT be looking to buy a copy of win 7 and install it onto an existing pc. that strikes me as a few hours of even more RAGE and frustration.

lastly, you could catch a flight to london heathrow, take a 30min cab ride to my house and i'll let you borrow my netbook for 15 mins - which would probably be be quicker than a win 7 installation.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
OK. the Naza is not working at all. 3 different PC's and Usb cables. Nothing.

I wired up the WKM and followed the same approach...within 1-2 minutes I am up and running! Went very smoothly.

So something has to be wrong with the Naza.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Well, I cant really say I have it sorted until a new one comes in and that works. But the fact the WKM works does say something IMO.

Tahoe Ed

One out of two ain't bad. Not perfect but at least you have one operating. What is funny when I installed my WKM driver and then connected the Naza, it connected without having to reinstall the driver. Maybe you do have a defective Naza. Have you tried to connect to the Naza after you connected to your WKM? It may be worth a shot just to try.

Tahoe Ed

Iris, you have been around for a while, longer on this forum than I have. You telling me that software, firmware, hardware issues are stressing you out and costing you years of your life? Please, this is supposed to be fun and if you cannot deal with the issues that are inherent in our sport maybe this is not for you. Just my observation.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I think you just took another year off my life. Kidding.

When there are numerous frustrations simultaneously I am not the best at dealing with it-I admit this. Normally, you get a cookie along the way of problem solving but with this it was just one thing after another and I completely lost it.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I can see another big plus to the MK stuff already. All these wires on the WKM are very hard to make pretty. I am happy to find that there is a rate control for the manual pitch override ont he gimbal. I was missing that option before.