Build TBS Disco modded to X8 AQ FC and ESC32

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
ESCs done ! I actually only want to cool/put on heatsinks on the FETs. The ESCs are directly under the props wash and max I will draw 17A maybe with 5s.

View attachment 7235

Attachments

• ESC32.jpg
    ESC32.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 326

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
looking good ;-)

Red did you use the ESC32 in combo with the AQ ? If so the logic side of the ESC32 have to be powered with 5v thus the jumper has to be soldered and the 5v jumper on the Motors outputs on the AQ has to be soldered ?

Thanks

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Thanks right at it. Whats with the board can i configure it when its powered up over a FDTI interface or does it need external power ? Don't quite get it and a jumper hast to be set ?

Thanks

Boris

kloner

Aerial DP
whats the advantage of these esc's? i remember following a link to the manufacturer a while back but none of it made any sense

You need a lipo. Short the J4 jumper and connect the lipo. The FDTI gets power from usb 3.3v so do this with J3 jumper removed.

For the esc32 remember to always disconnect the esc lipo first before powering down the AQ board. You risk damaging the esc's.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
You need a lipo. Short the J4 jumper and connect the lipo. The FDTI gets power from usb 3.3v so do this with J3 jumper removed.

For the esc32 remember to always disconnect the esc lipo first before powering down the AQ board. You risk damaging the esc's.

Okay but in a productive setup on the copter they can both go down at the same time ? Lipo to ESCs, Lipo to BEC to AQ, I can take off the lipo or the AQ always has to stay on the lipo for longer ?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
whats the advantage of these esc's? i remember following a link to the manufacturer a while back but none of it made any sense

I actually already have them on my TBS Naza. I like the amount of the configuration possibilities, like the current limitation, IC2 Can-bus PWM protocol.

Ill give you more on it later just in the middle on loosing my mind on these 5v solder jumpers on the ESC32 :)

Ah and I think simony wrote the FW or consulted not sure.

Boris

Okay but in a productive setup on the copter they can both go down at the same time ? Lipo to ESCs, Lipo to BEC to AQ, I can take off the lipo or the AQ always has to stay on the lipo for longer ?

Disconnecting everything together is fine. Disconnecting the main board and then the esc is bad.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
I wil tell you once the CNC guy gets back to me. I am planning on making them a little longer that 11" work. Shame since its a couple cm and they would

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
japp and all the ESCs also seemed to have survived the soldering. Heatsinks on and than enough for tonite. Otherwise I start calibrating the board and find my self still awake on friday doing the Kalipso :)

Wonder why i didn't get a plug for the receiver port hmmm ?

View attachment 7240

Attachments

• ESCgroup.jpg
    ESCgroup.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 234

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Into the fridge and than in the cellar for logging :)

Couldn't get die listed class 10 micro SDs so i got a hama which also works. Probably one of the bigger brands anyways in th background !

Was always told that bubble wrap should be one of the best vibration isolator lets see ! :)

View attachment 7246

Video from one of the guys that meets up with us on the weekends: Pretty impressive !

Attachments

• fridge.jpg
    fridge.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 203
Last edited by a moderator:

Boris some silica gel help with condensation during static calibration. Next time you see your friend can you ask him what he thinks about the smartdrone 4 in 1 esc?