Wkm

rwilabee

I crashed my hex and I'm rebuilding it. I connected up all the components of the WKM and took them out in the street to check it out. I plug in the battery and I get the 3 flashing red lights. I can switch to different modes on the transmitter and the light changes like it should but the 3 lights never change to 2 or 1 or none. Should it be able to link to the satellites with all the components sitting on the ground. I did put the antenna on top of a flashlight.

Rich

Tomstoy2

Hey rwilabee! The 3 flash lights, I assume they are red, means it's searching for satelites, This takes time. Just let it set there until it does get a good lock. This can takes some time. Mine sometimes, especially after I move to a new location or a rebuild, can take up to 1-2 minutes the first time.

I always start mine in manual mode, wait for the red light to go out and start flashing whatever mode color I'm in, then select my flight mode, usually gps.

If if doesn't lock onto the satelites, try movong the acft over to someplace else. Signal deflection could be interfering with it not locking.

Always wait until you do get a lock before taking off. Otherwise it will lock somewhere in the air, not a good thing, especially when you have to hit the rth switch! Also, make sure you understand how to bail out of rth in case something goes wrong. Easy enough to do. Just flip the rth switch off then flip the switch for for flight mode into another mode. You can immediately flip back into your prefered mode. WKM just needs to see a different mode selection to disengage.

We need some more of your vids, dude!

rwilabee

I don't have it mounted in the aircraft yet. I want to test it before I spend the time putting it in the rebuild. I just have all components sitting on a board on the ground outside trying to get the Sats.

Tomstoy2

In that case I'm not sure that it will, unless you have esc's and motors hooked up. Seems to me it needs to do a full system check,,, but I could be wrong.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
sometimes you just need to unplug it and replug it in. Especially if you ever get a flashing white light in there.