Brushless Gimbal for NEX 5/6/7/550D or GF2

Musky

500 $ plus shipping. I dont know to give you the right answer because i dont know hou big is the T2i cable is . For all of you the gimbal will be relase next week on the market soon and the gimbal wont be available anymore on forums at this price anymore and for all of you buy the gimbal until now will send you alll tghe instruction and manual.

daniel

$500.00 with the board/controller?? all ready to fly??
for a Sony 5N?

thanks

500 $ plus shipping. I dont know to give you the right answer because i dont know hou big is the T2i cable is . For all of you the gimbal will be relase next week on the market soon and the gimbal wont be available anymore on forums at this price anymore and for all of you buy the gimbal until now will send you alll tghe instruction and manual.

SMP

Don't believe the T2i will fit with a cable - 550D does fit without cable, although I haven't tried to fly it.

Musky, any word on whether this board can be updated to the new Alexmos FW and GUI? Yes Instructions/manual would be appreciated.

Quad Head

Musky,

I have this gimbal and it is wonderful. Can you help me by PM? Martinez board Alex firmware. Not having great luck with Martinez. Can you PM me how I can do this like you? I have both V1 gimbal from Daniel and this V2 they are both great work. Hoping you can help.

Thanks!

hd2010

Guessing this is the end for using the martinez board??

this is not the martinez board. while waiting long time for answers i was reading a lot in different forums. There is a big discussion in the fpv-forum here in germany. They write that martinez will not go on because now all boards come from china. they copy everything. look at your boards you can see by martinez and fpv-community. is almost same than the original martinez board. but the martinez board is black. I was talking with peoples who uses original martinez. they can connect pin A1 and A2 for nick and roll for example. With my board i can't. i still wait for an answer from daniel how i can solve this problem. Then i saw that on my board is a wire going from the atmega to a pin. i tried and now the nick controlling function works. But this try was on my own risk. I will buy one original alexmos controller and i will use that one instead because with this controller i have with the gimbal i think i will have only problems in future. They changed a lot in software (firmware) and i can't use it. I did not try to update until it is not proofed that it will not kill the controller. Read this whole discussion here... SMP did a great Job to tell us how to calibrate and so on. Shouldn't it the work of the reseller of the gimbal? Is it so hard to write some sentences how to handle the product so you can have fun with, without making an ingeneer study? I want point out that Daniel helped me. But if there were some small advices shipped with the gimbal all would be much faster more easy and more trustful. Now my gimbal works very good. But if i count the hours of frustration and dissappointness i better would invest some bucks more and have a product i can work with almost right out of the box.

So over all the gimbal is good and worth the money. but is definitely nothing for people who did not want go deep inside this theme.

SMP

Boris was kind enough to help us out!

Motors are connected and the gimbal is fully operational. The only thing i do for the calibration procedure is turn the power to 0 for the roll and pitch motor. Than move the gimbal/IMU in the positions shown in the pics below as level as possible and hit calibration. Remeber the first calibration set deletes all the other gather data from the other calibration steps.

Following pics should explain :

View attachment 15213View attachment 15214View attachment 15215View attachment 15216View attachment 15217View attachment 15218

If you check the manual. He states the following for advanced:

Extended mode (preferred): first of all, make calibration in simple mode. Then, rotate sensor board by 90degree, to make every of 5 faces “looking up” (total 5 positions excluding “base”). Fix sensor in everyposition, press CALIBRATE_ACC and wait about 3 second. Repeat this step 5 times (the sequence of rotation is no matter). Remember, that calibration in simple mode will cancel results of extended calibration,so make it first.

Precise ACC calibration is very important to keep horizon stable in case of aggressive flight

Its a little contradicting but I personally think the 5 faces upwards include the first step of the IMU facing upwards. There is no step for the IMU looking downwards in the whole procedure. Hitting calibrate should be enough considering that in a normal calibration hitting calibrate is enough to actually calibrate and hitting write is not needed !

Boris

(edit) i showed this procedure to a friend of mine here in vienna who was one of the first to compare the brushless boad alexmoss martinez etc. and he agreed to this procedure ! So i am pretty sure its right. All the different procedures though including this one were stated in the viacopter alexmos thread, but were never confirmed by any of the guys behind it !

Boris, first and foremost, thank you!! Very much appreciate your time. So lets see if I understand this correctly. Assuming IMU is mounted on on top of camera tray and looking into the lens of the camera.

SO:

P1 - Level Tray - Lens Forward - "Calib_acc"
P2 - 90 Tray - Lens Down - "Calib_acc"
P3 - 90 Tray - Lens Backward - "Calib_acc"
P4 - Pick up Heli and or Roll Left 90 - Lens Forward - "Calib_acc"
P5 - Pick up Heli and or Roll Right 90 - Lens Forward - "Calib_acc"

"Write"

hd2010

i quit using that controller. after i received the gimbal the controller did not work. daniel ( i don't know exactly if daniel is Musky) sent me very fast another one. Pluged in...worked perfect. i was so happy. now some days later, i did not change anything!!!!!, the controller is dead. same thing as with the first controller. no movement no connection to GUI, no lines showing up ....
i think is not daniels fault. i read some people have the same problems with their controllers. can anyone here tell the same? i still wait for an answer from daniel.

Rolfy

Hi Musky
I got the gimbal, but I have some occilating problems.
Could you please give us one manual for proper calibrating/setup?

SMP

Thanks guys but still not quite there...

Basically the gimbal was too large to fit under the 550 w aeroxcraft landing gear. Despite some creative mounting it just wasnt high enough to allow decent roll travel (less than 15degrees) in either direction so project got put on hold until new landing gear showed up. LG arrived today so will assemble mount and then reengage... At the same time I couldn't get a solid calibration or level out of the board. This is partly due to using a very samll cam with very large motors so getting the level is very difficult due to magnets. I have an Alex board as well so will likely swap out as the new Alex 2.0 seems to be faring better.

Still no word as to which Martinez firmware is the right choice for this board. Daniel (Musky)??

xerofly

Thanks guys but still not quite there...

Basically the gimbal was too large to fit under the 550 w aeroxcraft landing gear. Despite some creative mounting it just wasnt high enough to allow decent roll travel (less than 15degrees) in either direction so project got put on hold until new landing gear showed up. LG arrived today so will assemble mount and then reengage... At the same time I couldn't get a solid calibration or level out of the board. This is partly due to using a very samll cam with very large motors so getting the level is very difficult due to magnets. I have an Alex board as well so will likely swap out as the new Alex 2.0 seems to be faring better.

Still no word as to which Martinez firmware is the right choice for this board. Daniel (Musky)??

Hi SMP,
Thanks a lot for updating each step on Musky Gimbal...how are the videos....with 550D?I have been following the thread...Request to post videos..

Rolfy

Hi all! I have mounted and balanced the Nex on the gimbal, but fail to read the board. I have the com port ok, but when I push the "read" button on the gui, a smal red led start blinking, but nothing happens. Any solutions? Have also a word to Musky: Why can't you try to help us a liltle, after selling this stuff to us, you just disapeard. That's bad customer service, you promised us a manual, and a "how to" video.Come on!

hd2010

To Rolfy.

I had same problem. First board was damaged. Musky sent a new one. Worked perfect for one day. Then again same problem. Musky installed a new firmware with team viewer. so write him he can help. i can post the firmware but if this damages your board then is may fault so is better to get in contact with musky.