Brushless Gimbal for NEX 5/6/7/550D or GF2

Burntpixel

Brushless Gimbal for NEX 5/6/7/550D or GF2 and GoPro.

RTR :

Gimbal frame G10 Painted
4008 Motors
Ball bearings
Alexmos firmware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=2GehwKwMJlM#!

Plug & play.

500$ PP included.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=2GehwKwMJlM#!

This looks really good! I have been searching for something that is 2 axis that would support a Panasonic GH2. I have 2 of these cameras and would like to fly(crash) LOL them. They are hacked to shoot north of 150Mbps. Those that have bought this,are you guys using it as a single operator set up? I mean the pilot is also the camera operator. My GH2 with a Olympus 12MM lens/battery weighs in at 590 grams.

I would be putting it on a DJI F550 hopefully.

Thanx

Matt in the ATL

cropter

Hello to all,

I just found that there is no input for receiver to control camera tilt. There is a workaraound, though, please contact Musky.

The more I read about this gimbal the more interested I get, do any of you have it fitted to a dji s800? I love the versatility of the different cameras that can be used. Some pictures would be great of the rig you have fitted it to.

cscristian

Hello.First of all thank you that you buy this gimbal.i will try to give you some tip to fit your needs.Because is an small pin incompatibility by Martinez Board with MOS Soft to control tilt there are 2 option...
1.you can swap motors and reverse IMU to right by 90 degree and swap settings in GUI (ROLL settings will be TILT settings and TILT will be ROLL)and you can use A1 Input to control TILT (in normal condition control ROLL)
2.Need solder skill.You can solder a small wire to pin23 (A0) on atmega (that is unconnected) and that is input to control TILT.The ROLL signal will be on pin board A1

That is need to solve the signal problem.

Another user say that not fit 550D because of IMU.To solve that you can put IMU on back of plate in the same position.with a 50mm objective i know is fit but bigger objective i not guarantee....

Another tip is to balance as good as possible your camera (is very easy to adjust because of gimbal construction. First Roll and Then TILT.For TILT use that long screw and look on marks on right and left to be on same level) and play with PID to adjust to your camera.All gimbal have PID for nex5 and i am sure that work most of case.but consider to PLAY with PID and make perfect :)

I hope soon to make a video to show you how to adjust and to highlight what is nice on this gimbal.
Feel free to ask if you have problems.

Jem

Hello.First of all thank you that you buy this gimbal.i will try to give you some tip to fit your needs.Because is an small pin incompatibility by Martinez Board with MOS Soft to control tilt there are 2 option...
1.you can swap motors and reverse IMU to right by 90 degree and swap settings in GUI (ROLL settings will be TILT settings and TILT will be ROLL)and you can use A1 Input to control TILT (in normal condition control ROLL)
2.Need solder skill.You can solder a small wire to pin23 (A0) on atmega (that is unconnected) and that is input to control TILT.The ROLL signal will be on pin board A1

That is need to solve the signal problem.

Another user say that not fit 550D because of IMU.To solve that you can put IMU on back of plate in the same position.with a 50mm objective i know is fit but bigger objective i not guarantee....

Another tip is to balance as good as possible your camera (is very easy to adjust because of gimbal construction. First Roll and Then TILT.For TILT use that long screw and look on marks on right and left to be on same level) and play with PID to adjust to your camera.All gimbal have PID for nex5 and i am sure that work most of case.but consider to PLAY with PID and make perfect :)

I hope soon to make a video to show you how to adjust and to highlight what is nice on this gimbal.
Feel free to ask if you have problems.

are you musky then?

normand14

Attachments

• P1020256.JPG
    P1020256.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 352

SMP

Hi Musky, Sry mate but can you check on the shipping status?? Google Translate doesn't seem to be working. :)

Jem

Cheers Musky.
After I repositioned the IMU I flashed the board with Martinez_46 and have been using the OS BG Software as I Couldn't get the Simple BGC GUI working. What Code did it ship with?
Jem

Musky

It was shiped
alexmos firmware. I dont put martinez . i just use martinez board but alexmos firmware.

Musky

Try to track from yours postal site. Is somewhere in transit but i dont know where. Is all i can do ......if i can help you with something else just tell me.

SMP

Raport sumar:
Numarul trimiteriiCO992534578RO
Denumire serviciuColet postal extern
Subunitate postala de expediereOficiul Postal Bucuresti 3
Tara destinatieQUATAR
Data expedierii23.04.2013
Stare actualaIn prelucrare
- BSI Bucuresti

Same status as before... Guess it's coming by boat...

alexoki

For those of you that have ordered this gimbal, please post a review for those of us looking into possibly purchasing one (whever you receive it!)
Also question for Musky - Can you tweak this gimbal to carry a Sony CX740 camera (bigger motors?) Please PM me with the relevant details and price.

Musky

SMP .I will asK at the Post office to see what is hapening ( the POst deliver only by Air . i dont have the option to send with something else). I will write you an email after i will speak at the Post Office, It will be another gimbal that can cary CX and PJ series.

remyd

Mine arrived to Australia - Thanks Musky. I haven't done anything with it yet but all seems good upon arrival.

Jem

Hi Musky
Could you please send me the firmware you used and the loader.
I've got it working well with the Martinez but would like to try the Alexmos.
Just waiting for some vibration dampening to arrive and the I'll have it up in the air and filming.
Thanks,
jem