Aluminum arms for dji flamewheel frames

maxwelltub

Has anyone had any luck with the Coaxial set up? I just tried to put mine together but the top arm does not have counter sunk holes so the screws that hold the second motor mount are in the way of mounting the top motor. Any one have this problem and how did you solve it?

DWA

I just have a DJI 550 and 450 and a couple of Phantoms.
I am usually on RC Groups but a couple of my friends over there told me about this forum so I thought I would check it out.:tennis:
I might want to get these arms for my 450.

Dave

z_man_95

You'll want to get them for the 550 once you see them in action on the 450. I'm doing the opposite, got them for my 550 and will be getting them for my 450. You'll be able to upgrade the motors and props after that and realize this things full potential.

sledge57

I really want them for my 550 but not ready to spend the $$ yet.

Kinda thinking of building another 550 with them and the coaxial motor mounts as a Y6...

I want so many toys.....

econfly

I have tweaked my 450 setup and this seems like a solid improvement. The main change I made was from 4s to 6s power. Flight time is now about 27 minutes, and with the increased weight of the 6s battery stability in wind is improved. Otherwise, flight characteristics are as good as they were under 4s. Hover is just under 50% throttle at full pack power, and just over 50% toward the end of the flight.

The build is now using 12x4 Tiger Motor props. Weight is 2.7kg. ESCs are Tiger Motor 30A pro opto, motors remain the same (TM MN4010-11, 475kv). The battery is a Turnigy nano-tech 8000mAh 6S 25~50C. Other components include the AIMDROIX extended arms and DJI 450 top/bottom plates, H3-2D gimbal with GoPro, DJI iOSD mini, DJI video tx, NAZA v2, and Futaba 7008sb receiver.

450b-1.JPG

450b-2.JPG

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I really want them for my 550 but not ready to spend the $$ yet.

Kinda thinking of building another 550 with them and the coaxial motor mounts as a Y6...

I want so many toys.....

Kloner's new injection molded arm brackets will allow you to make the coax config.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
hey guys, can we try not to crap on each other's threads please? i saw the other thread so it's both ways but can we maybe end it?

jfro

Aerial Fun
hey guys, can we try not to crap on each other's threads please? i saw the other thread so it's both ways but can we maybe end it?

Don't think anybody is crapping on anything. This tread title is about aluminum arms. The other thread (of which these aluminum arms and Kloners coming FC arms are being discussed) is a Discovery Pro thread (if that's what you are referring to) of which both arms fit and are upgrades IMO. I've been watching and interested in a new mid size build.

It's informative for those of us looking for information on this type of build.

Last edited by a moderator:

jfro

Aerial Fun
I have tweaked my 450 setup and this seems like a solid improvement. The main change I made was from 4s to 6s power. Flight time is now about 27 minutes, and with the increased weight of the 6s battery stability in wind is improved. Otherwise, flight characteristics are as good as they were under 4s. Hover is just under 50% throttle at full pack power, and just over 50% toward the end of the flight.

The build is now using 12x4 Tiger Motor props. Weight is 2.7kg. ESCs are Tiger Motor 30A pro opto, motors remain the same (TM MN4010-11, 475kv). The battery is a Turnigy nano-tech 8000mAh 6S 25~50C. Other components include the AIMDROIX extended arms and DJI 450 top/bottom plates, H3-2D gimbal with GoPro, DJI iOSD mini, DJI video tx, NAZA v2, and Futaba 7008sb receiver.

I've been thinking of doing something similar. I have a Naza v2 based f450, 2216 kv900 motors, Gopro/w/ gimbal and the aluminum arms. Flys very nicely... I have been thinking something a little heavier (as a quad) would help in the wind & sounds it does. Your flight times sound great. I'm hoping I could also go with a larger prop and add a small gimbal w/ something like the Black Magic Pocket Camera. About more 2 lbs more minus my Gopro/giimbal which I've never weighed.

I think my problem with my aluminum arms is 12" is the max size prop... Might need a larger center plate or little longer arms....

Anyway, thanks for posting your specs. Will help in my decision....

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Don't think anybody is crapping on anything. This tread title is about aluminum arms. The other thread (of which these aluminum arms and Kloners coming FC arms are being discussed) is a Discovery Pro thread (if that's what you are referring to) of which both arms fit and are upgrades IMO. I've been watching and interested in a new mid size build.

It's informative for those of us looking for information on this type of build.

yes, that's what I was referring to. maybe i jumped the gun, maybe i'm in need of a moderator's vacation. :frog:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I can see why it came across that way. i almost didnt post it but then I realized that the aluminum arms dont allow the option to go coax so it was not a competing statement. He asked about making a f550 coax so I just thought I would point him to a product that could accomplish this. Maybe I should just shut up. Sorry if I have offended anyone. I know what it feels like to be crapped on, trust me. Have you ever been to a Turkish prison? She was about 6'3 and 180 lbs. I can still smell her beard. :)