Accident with Octocopter

fgomezd

KLONER:

Thanks for replay, please expain your self, my english is not the best, but my questions are:

Wich ESC will work well with the AVROTO and the FC DJI A2?

What do you mean "pretty sure the 14 pole 3520 want mid timing as well"? Please explain

I am not experinced builder, I am learning from guys as you.

Thanks
Francisco

Last edited by a moderator:

JLO

Hi hello everyone
my copter is flying remarkably good no issues but I am worried about the issues that some are having with a sudden surprise
I am currently flying a Skyjib 8 with the following components
TM U5 motors
Maytech 65A Opto Esc
Power hungry dist board
Dji A2 FC
16x TM CF Props
lifting a Alexmos gimbal w GH3
2 QC 10000 6s Lipos
AuW 24 Lbs
10 minutes flight 35% left on each lipo
what do you guys think
Sorry guys for maybe boring some of you with another list of components but like all of you out there I hate to be scared that my great flying copter could suddenly get destroy and injure someone

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
How many flights have you had on this setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kloner

Aerial DP
jlo, that's extremely close to what i have in my jib with an a2,,, only diff is mines mn3520 and droidworx power distro. we fly it with epics a lot, flies awesome. It's well into 150 flights and have had it since November

JLO

So far about 10 not a lot but it has been consistent, I have to do more flights, foolishly i have not connected the Iosd to see telemetry on mu monitor, I should do it asap it would be great if a spreadsheet could be put together to catalog as many A2 possible successful and non successful A2's
1 to get a better perspective of the problems
2 to compare components and procedures if DJi is absent from all of this at least we can try to figure what we can from others bad experiences and other successful experiences

my other copters are MK CineStar 8 I recently gave a try to the dji world

Quinton

jlo, that's extremely close to what i have in my jib with an a2,,, only diff is mines mn3520 and droidworx power distro. we fly it with epics a lot, flies awesome. It's well into 150 flights and have had it since November

The stats on those 3520 look really nice and they are quite light, and you can have smaller ESCs with props upto 17"
Never seen them before and see they aren't listed at ecalc, not the 400KV ones anyhow.
Seem like a nice alternative to the U5 or 3515-15 with a bit more thrust.

JLO

My U5's after 10minutes in 95+ degrees F are hot to the touch lifting 24lbs, my understanding is that the U5 are ok up to 26 Lbs I wonder what is the max AUW you fill comfortable lifting with 3520?
Kloner I install heatsinks on my Maytech Esc
Sorry to side topic of the possible problems with the A2 but what do you guys think of a A2 spreadhsheet

Lanzar

THis epic is realy lite and probably canon lense and lite gimball. Othervise you are in serius 70%+ trotle range which is dangerous.

kloner

Aerial DP
were in 60-65% hover, it's been going like that for a year and a half, 40 gigs

we replace a motor or two every couple gigs.... bearing breaks. she handles the broken motors decent for what it all is. It's obvious when they go

for the record lanzar insisted ESC's would never work in a skyjib either...... thank god i didn't bite, would have never got to where i am

Quinton

were in 60-65% hover, it's been going like that for a year and a half, 40 gigs

we replace a motor or two every couple gigs.... bearing breaks. she handles the broken motors decent for what it all is. It's obvious when they go

Ok that surprised me, I would be thinking twice if I had to replace a motor every couple of gigs.
I have looked at these motor stats and they seem to be pretty good, even compared to the U7 which I am surprised about, I am sure [MENTION=885]Lanzar[/MENTION] knows his stuff and tested all this , but I am sure they were flying motors like this not so long ago before the likes of the Hammer came along, what suddenly makes it so dangerous now, these things have a 2KG thrust at 65% with 16" props and 3.5KG at 100% which looks pretty good to me.
Is the only answer to be flying a really heavy machine with 28" props for anything just over 10-12kg?

gtranquilla

RadioActive
In general most ESCs over 30 amp use all N-FETs on the output....... but you can likely find that information within the specs from HobbyWing or email for that info.

gtranquilla, the ESC are HOBBYWING FLYFUN 60a OPTO and the motors are AVROTO LIFT 3520 400Kv, please let my know if the ones I use ".......exclusively use N FETS and not a mix of P & N FETS."

Please see http://www.hobbywing.com/product_show.asp?id=198

Thanks

Francisco

gtranquilla

RadioActive
JLO..... Nice Rig there...... I am not up to that weight category but I have some reservations about the Power Hungry PDB which I have examine and modified.
IMHO - The aluminum plates with the heat conductive paste is not well engineered since the source of the heat is electrical resistance as a result of passing high current thru very thin copper film that is deposited on a PCB insulating base material.

Solid copper sheeting is vastly superior and would not require any heat sinking aluminum whatsoever.

I bought some copper plate and will be building one without the heat sink...... but need to test it in a high current electrical lab if I can find one.

Hi hello everyone
my copter is flying remarkably good no issues but I am worried about the issues that some are having with a sudden surprise
I am currently flying a Skyjib 8 with the following components
TM U5 motors
Maytech 65A Opto Esc
Power hungry dist board
Dji A2 FC
16x TM CF Props
lifting a Alexmos gimbal w GH3
2 QC 10000 6s Lipos
AuW 24 Lbs
10 minutes flight 35% left on each lipo
what do you guys think
Sorry guys for maybe boring some of you with another list of components but like all of you out there I hate to be scared that my great flying copter could suddenly get destroy and injure someone

JLO

attachment.php
Hmmmm! my initial thought is that my Power Hungry unit is made with 2 solid coper plates separated by plastic standoffs and am acrylic plate where do you get that it is aluminum made
take a look at the picture this is like the one I have

Attachments

• power_hungry_distribution_system-for-drones.jpg
    power_hungry_distribution_system-for-drones.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 368

gtranquilla

RadioActive
You are correct! That is a properly designed PDB......

The name of the one that I have is so similar......I thought it was the same one!

Mine is the HobbyKing Super Hungry PDB as shown here..........
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...ry_Board_Multi_Copter_Power_Distribution.html

a cheap knock off of your original!!!
HK copied a properly engineered product but used cheap PCB board material with thin layers of copper plate on both sides, then added aluminum heat sink plates to top and bottom.....

attachment.php
Hmmmm! my initial thought is that my Power Hungry unit is made with 2 solid coper plates separated by plastic standoffs and am acrylic plate where do you get that it is aluminum made
take a look at the picture this is like the one I have

kloner

Aerial DP
We built out a u7 and u11 rig this summer to take over all the red carrying duty. The 3520 fly the gh4 gimbals with 20 amp hours dead on 50% hover. overall the hobby grade mt/mn series motors are weak n the bearing dept,,,, even though theres 3. The u7 bearings are twice the diameter, hence the move

I've noticed them burn up when we get caught out in wind, like 20-30mph and have since reigned in the flight envelopes on this rig with epics to less than 10.....

kloner

Aerial DP
[MENTION=10204]Mojave[/MENTION] check these attachments, that's why i say they appear to be pushing on each other

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• mojave 1-3-4-6.jpg
    mojave 1-3-4-6.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 400
  • mojave 2-5.jpg
    mojave 2-5.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 352

Quinton

@Mojave check these attachments, that's why i say they appear to be pushing on each other

I am keen to learn more about this, one thing I do nt understand is your X + Y
They are both set to longtitude, so what would that be showing, and why use it?
Normally it is x=time y=out(motor)

Also why does it not show just under curves which motors you are selecting (checkbox)?
Not trying to torture you, just trying to understand..honest.