A2 2.2 Upgrade Guinea Pig

surfab

hey tahoe ed, you say you are dji forum support? it seems im not the only person having a2 issues? can you tell us what dji are doing about this? or could you please point me in the right direction to someone that could shed some light on this? I feel pretty gutted seeing all these posts after spending nearly 2k on a fc that is meant to be the best. i have had 2 unexplained crashes so far and cost is starting to add up. being in nz i cant just pop down to the local rc shop and buy a new fc. it just seems like dji is ignoring theese issues? and no response trying to contact dji directly

surfab

also did a few test flights today back on the 2.1 firmware flew fine without any crashes.. yaaay (still have no confidence with the a2) but i did notice that in atti mode was flashing the normal yellow led but then changed to 1 yellow followed by 2 quick violets, cannot find any info anywhere as to what that sequence means. it stopped after a while then came back, all in atti mode.

Old Man

surfab,

As you know you are not the only one experiencing issues with the A2. I had been hoping Tahoe Ed would respond in depth in my thread. BTW, when I tried the 2.2 upgrade I experienced several issues, controller lock being one of them, so I went back to 2.1. The other controller issue remains though.

surfab

SWEEEEEET went to fly today and tipped over instantly on take off. what the Fu*$ is wrong with this piece of crap flight controller. 1 min its flying sweet next min its flying away buy itself fly's sweet again and now it wont even take off... this is getting ridiculous. ed you say you have sent my log file away to be looked at? how long does it take? i have 2 more log files to be looked at now but havnt even heard back about the first one. only takes 10-20 minutes to open the file and have a look. there is no dealer here in New Zealand to deal with so what the hell am I supposed to do? dji wont even reply to emails

in this instance i powered up multicopter waited for satellite,s, comfirmed i had home lock, led was flashing the normal yellow purple in atti mode, armed the motors then throttled up and strait over it went. replaced the 2 smashed props and reset flight controller then it just sat there flashing constant red led. i had 3 perfect test flights before this with absolutely no issues

Old Man

Sent problem report e-mail to my DJI vendor and haven't heard a thing. Sent e-mail to X-Aircraft to talk about their stuff and received a return e-mail AND a phone call within 12 hours. Amazing difference.

sk8brd

your guess is as good as mine Droider....its kind of like a phantom update that only rc groups knew about. lame.

Last edited by a moderator:

surfab

yes i have, it just does it again. even without calibrating they return to normal if I reset the a2 works as per normal for a couple of power cycles then does it again. reset the a2 and sticks are normal again. iuf you watch the video in the link it shows this happening. and it has never done it before today, have had numerous other problems but this is new

fdproductions

FD Productions
yikes my A2 situation seems to have gotten from bad to worse, i've grounded all my aircrafts until I hear back from DJI.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
So now its getting stupid.. I really aint got time for this piece of junk but if I can help people by testing I will and have in the past. I have filmed the whole update procedure showing the hoops and tips for upgrading to get to a position where you can fly it. I will post it if asked but its over 50 mins long. The below clip is the pint when I first tried to fly it and the results show that its far from a stable or in fact SAFE flight controller. I have has a quick look on RC groups and I cant believe what going on with this "impossibly precise flight controller"

Next step is for everyone to return them to there dealers as "NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE" and a full refund. Thats going to be my next step. Oh and if BYOD reads this you still are not replying to my emails, texts, phone messages abut the faulty GPS puck I sent back over 6 weeks ago. Letter in post.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
yikes my A2 situation seems to have gotten from bad to worse, i've grounded all my aircrafts until I hear back from DJI.

Thing is you want hear back from DJI. I suggest we all get a pettition going and hit there dealers wher it hurts and start sending them all back.
Dave