kloner

Aerial DP
We had a clearance to fly overhead like a full size would of the main building. Because we were flying models there they stuck goons on us. while we were out there the wind was killing the shot, 20-30 gusty winds, tried the plane there was no way, flew the multi rotor and it was a frame full pf props to do 5 mph,,,,,,, a crap load of kids on a field trip walked out and the guys said, hey, if we let you fly that jet, can we get it for the website? I had no contract, but was invited in. After that 4:00 minutes they stopped me. wish i coulda got a few packs worth, it was the first go, no practice, well was the practice.

The producer i was flying with is going to see if we can go in early before they open and give them a shoot worthy of the place. We will go do the rest of the stuff in there too. All kinds of cool displays. After watching this over and over, got a zillion ideas for shots, attack angles, etc.

Explorocam

Airborne Media Pros
Nice Job Kloner,

I really like your work. Congratulations.

P.S. Can I PM you to pick your brain about some motors.

That feeling when you see the camera stopped recording too soon

Anyone ever have one of THOSE moments when you feel like you just took a huge risk and realize it was for nothing? This was on location today. One of the guys got this clip of me landing the Octo (though the lens of a RED) after shooting some kayakers dropping a 40 foot waterfall in a narrow gorge. No place to land so had to catch it. Then I looked at the back of the camera and couldn't believe the camera was no longer recording. I threw in a quick sequence from the day's shot just to show we actually got some amazing footage. Unfortunately I can't show any more, hopefully this will air sometime soon. We did all get a pretty good laugh when we saw this clip.

http://youtu.be/pDIyje71W5Y

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloudshots.NL

Short winter impression of a castle near which we live in The Netherlands, shot with a Sony CX730.

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Man, I have done that SO many times now and it's SO painful when you find out you did it all for nothing but to get that ONE shot makes it all worth it. I filmed an awesome sunset just the other day. I'm not a filming rig, I just have a camera strapped to my FPV Hexa, if you will. The way I see it, you either fly a flying camera or you have a camera strapped to your multicopter...either way you look at it it's all fun. Good shot anyway, you have a co-pilot I'm assuming?

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Looks really great, the only thing I'd say is your gimble doesn't seem to be leveling quick enough. Other than that, it was outstanding, good work!

rennen

Did a quick test flight of my F550 with AG600 gimbal the other day. I balanced the gimbal so I wanted to test it out at this 5k event. Anyways, here's my setup:

DJI F550 with GPS NAZA
AG600 Gimbal
Hoverfly Gimbal controller
Graupner 10x5 Props

Shot with a Sony NEX-5n

This rig will probably be used to film higher risk events where we don't want to risk the Cinnestar we have.

DJI Flamewheel HD Footage.

We were able to capture decent footage out of the DJI flamewheel. We are loving this little hexa for AP.

Skyhook

This was our first proper test shot a few weeks ago, and just to make things extra-difficult, done in the snow!

Several issues were still not resolved in time for the flight.
Firstly we could not get a decent signal from the Stinger Pro AV link, so I ended up flying blind. It's pretty hard to guess on camera position anywhere beyond 30 feet!

Also the roll axis was out of action, we could not get the damn Hoverfly calibrated properly so we had to lock it off, hence some of the shots are wobbling all over the place.

https://vimeo.com/59402514
password: snowman

Would love to hear your thoughts / suggestions!

thanks

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
This was our first proper test shot a few weeks ago, and just to make things extra-difficult, done in the snow!

Several issues were still not resolved in time for the flight.
Firstly we could not get a decent signal from the Stinger Pro AV link, so I ended up flying blind. It's pretty hard to guess on camera position anywhere beyond 30 feet!

Also the roll axis was out of action, we could not get the damn Hoverfly calibrated properly so we had to lock it off, hence some of the shots are wobbling all over the place.

https://vimeo.com/59402514
password: snowman

Would love to hear your thoughts / suggestions!

thanks

I hate to say things you already know BUT...here I go....fix your gimble of course, more flying shots and video and less stuff from the ground would be good. Flying blind is hard to get good shots but I'd say work on your approach angles and such when you get the FPV part up... Otherwise, the editing was cool and the music wasn't too bad. Love the kids playing and the slow-motion-snowball-butt-strike was interesting lol....

Aviator

My first attempt at editing some of my work... So please bear that in mind :)

usnooz

My Maiden flight of my new rig. pictures a bit shaky in places but i think its down to my servo being faulty.

I've been waiting for months to try my new set-up out and finally braved the weather to do so :)

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
Incredible, what did you use to edit that? What camera and what's your flying rig setup? Octo, hexa? Gimble version/brand? Amazing video, well done...