8FG & Naza set-up

DesJardins

Yea, once I get the new one on I'll test again with and without all the FPV gear on and see what happens.
This is a good tech experience for me and hopefully others when using different frames and systems.

Once this new one is tested the TBS frame goes on to see what the available mounting spaces does as well. Many back-to-back tests and info will be posted and hopefully helps others.

kloner

Aerial DP
start with a battery and servo,,,,,,,,,, walk your test,,, then put on frame, count paces. vtx but not on, then turn on ...etc. it's the way these stock frames are powered, something that screws with it.... As soon as i got a kloners frame, all my problems vanised. All my otehr planes don't have that huge g10 shield like the 450.... dunno why tbs works, maybee less internal resistance, more covering over it, something

DesJardins

Yup, it will be more of the same testing process but at least I'll have a different Tx/Rx to try and see if there is a clear problem with what I have right now.

Fingers crossed

ROVguy

Hey guys, no I've not done a power down range test yet, it's been raining here so I've been waiting for things to dry out a bit, or until I've received my sexi F450 heels from TeamFTP(lol). I will drag the mrs out and fit the go pro as soon as I can and see how far I get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ROVguy

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350481425.107765.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350481425.107765.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 388

ROVguy

Kloner, the legs arrived today, so I fitted them and the go pro. There is just enough room for the go pro underneath the bottom plate. If I had known about the new hero3 I would have waited for that. I will try and get out flying today and see how it goes. Also legs are inscribed and fold back.

View attachment 7112

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350484127.881762.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350484127.881762.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 275

kloner

Aerial DP
yikes..... this is power up the tx,,, power up the rx,,,, while it's all on, press in the bind button, right?

DesJardins

yikes..... this is power up the tx,,, power up the rx,,,, while it's all on, press in the bind button, right?

Yeah, it's pretty damn simple.

I'm also wondering if I need to select MLT2 vs. MULT on the FASST frequency for S.bus or if that doesn't matter unless your using the upper channels past 1-8

As well as Normal vs. Hi-speed on the Rx

Last edited by a moderator:

DesJardins

The Rx has a Normal & Hi-speed mode for channels 1-6 (Hi-speed servos capability)
The different rx's correlate with the Frequency.

7ch's run on 7CH frequency, anything 8channel looks like MULTI, it was recommended to me that any S.bus rx should run MLT2 frequency in the 8FG.

i'll give that a try once the Fam is in bed