Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
Nice video Soren! I'm still nervous flying over large bodies of water!

I used a Panasonic GH2 (flowmotion hack), 14mm lens, and Zenmuse-Z15 GH2. (it's in my signature, naturally)

Here's a video from this morning:

Last edited by a moderator:

Søren Koch

Yes flying over water also give me some tension :)

Again very nice video, I am impressed with the quality. I found your signature and all the information :)

Nice video Soren! I'm still nervous flying over large bodies of water!

I used a Panasonic GH2 (flowmotion hack), 14mm lens, and Zenmuse-Z15 GH2. (it's in my signature, naturally)

Here's a video from this morning:

haha49

Here is my highlight of a few flights put togther.

Here is 1 were I missed the shot 2 woman walked to close to a flock of Canadian Geese and spooked them you cna see them running it was funny i was to busy laughing to get the full shot.

tonyh0905

F450 flight at Cardiff Bay

Flying the 450 around Cardiff Bay on a sunny Good Friday!

Watch out for the speedboat dunking a seagull at 0:12
smile.gif

http://youtu.be/ooxrfDd9UlE

Benjamin Kenobi

Out at the test field yesterday. Practicing my panning technique. Slightly lost the plot editing this so lots of long drawn-out scenes. Lovely scenery nonetheless:

tonyh0905

Out at the test field yesterday. Practicing my panning technique. Slightly lost the plot editing this so lots of long drawn-out scenes. Lovely scenery nonetheless:

Hi Ben,

Smooth as ever :)

When you pan horizontally, are you yawing the aircraft, or do you use a 3 axis gimbal?

tonyh0905

Duffryn House revisited

I did a aerial video at Duffryn House & Gardens a couple of month's ago. The people at Duffryn thought it would be nice to see how the Gardens change through the seasons, so this is the spring edition!

http://youtu.be/vRC5V6bvNSM

Benjamin Kenobi

Hi Ben,

Smooth as ever :)

When you pan horizontally, are you yawing the aircraft, or do you use a 3 axis gimbal?

Hey Tony,

I pan the gimbal. I've been perfecting the one-man setup to give those helicopter flyby type shots. I use course lock on the Zenmuse. I don't have retracts which makes things interesting. I have just moved the skids back a bit to keep them out of the field of view and have to yaw the aircraft cleverly whilst 'stirring' the sticks a bit. My 3D helicopter training helps with that.

The good thing about multirotors is it doesn't matter which way they are travelling as the controls are always the same. It's just as easy to fly sideways or at an oblique angle as it is forwards.

cbuk

A rough cut of some test flying from the other week. It could really do with some grading but haven't had the time or inclination to get round to it; with an imminent flight test coming up my time's better spent practicing during the day and Manual writing in the evening.

Some spots we helped out with for Oregon Tourism and Travel Oregon. It really is a fun and beautiful part of the world.

nick

tonyh0905

Straw poll - to stabilise or not!

My latest video was pretty disappointing due to the amount of yaw oscillation in the footage. I'm adjusting the gains and trying to dial this out, but in the meantime I have run the footage through YouTube's stabilisation program.

Do you guys think it's better to live with the shakes, or go with the smoother, but in places strange effects the process causes?

ORIGINAL

STABILISED

Bowley

My latest video was pretty disappointing due to the amount of yaw oscillation in the footage. I'm adjusting the gains and trying to dial this out, but in the meantime I have run the footage through YouTube's stabilisation program.

Do you guys think it's better to live with the shakes, or go with the smoother, but in places strange effects the process causes?

ORIGINAL

STABILISED

The YT stab is not very good, you could get far better results with some descent stab software, I use CS6 Pr warp stabilizer a good deal when I use a servo gimbal. when its just for web use the results are not far off untouched brushless gimbal stuff. If its windy when filming even with a 2x brushless gimbal its handy to tame down the yaw oscillations.

Av8Chuck

The Oregon videos are great? Did you produce the whole thing of just shoot the aerial?

What camera did you fly?

Thank you. We only did the aerial segments. We were flying an Epic and the ground based footage was Alexa.

We've also been extremely fortunate to work on some incredible projects with Apple. Most recently, to celebrate Earth Day and showcase their commitment to environmental responsibility we helped capture some footage at several of their solar arrays. And again, our segments were Epic and a lot of the ground based stuff was Alexa along with Phantom Flex, other Epics and a few 5Dm3's.

CA.jpg

nick