Hexakopter over Bigfork Bay

Wow, this thread is almost up to 100 pages!

Cheers,
Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

Stacky

Jeff I asked this of Beauregaurd and I suspect you have the same answer. You dont appear to use the gimbal roll control much. Is it because its smoother for you not to or because roll compensation isnt good enough?.
Cheers
Mike

It's a bit difficult to fly fpv when you don't have direct feedback of the horizon. I have tried the roll, but prefer just the tilt unless i'm shooting something specific.

Cheers,
Jeff

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
[QUOTE

Wow, this thread is almost up to 100 pages!

Cheers,
Jeff[/QUOTE]

There is some great stuff here.. Maybe we (modorators) should move JUST the videos to a thread that can only be added to by US The modorators then the discussion can continue and everyone can post comments on the great contributions but we could have a thread that only has video examples on... thoughts peeps?

Dave

PS Jeff as always inspiring suff.. Will be interesting to here your thoughts on the new PH stab black box

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
HexaKopter over Bigfork Bay

Stunning quality from that GH2. Presumably you are looking at a different image if you are FPV flying?

... Maybe we (modoraiders of the Post Lark) should move JUST the videos to a thread that can only be added to by US The modoraiders ...

PS Jeff as always inspiring snuff. Will be interesting to here (hear?) your thoughts on the new PH stab black box

Sorry:). Couldn't resist poking at the typos.

Is "the new PH stab black box" the PhotoHigher stabilisation system that we hear about?

Vortex

Jeff.....I always love your work....It gives us all something to work towards.....

I like the thread just as it is so my vote it to leave it unchanged.

Regards,

Lance

Macsgrafs

There is some great stuff here.. Maybe we (modorators) should move JUST the videos to a thread that can only be added to by US The modorators then the discussion can continue and everyone can post comments on the great contributions but we could have a thread that only has video examples on... thoughts peeps?

Dave

Dave I agree but the trouble is, most people are like me..LAZY! They will watch the videos & not bother to comment ;) to much like hard work ;)

HUGY: Nice filming, but it always makes me cringe when I see people flying MR's over people walking along!

Ross

hugy

Yeah I don't like to do it either, but sometimes to get a shot you just have to. There is always someone from our team walking under the copter and keeping people out of the way. The reasen alot of shots are filmed above the water is so we don't have to fly above people. Better to lose a copter than to hurt someone. We are also insured should something happen. Thanx for your feedback.

Macsgrafs

Yeah I don't like to do it either, but sometimes to get a shot you just have to. There is always someone from our team walking under the copter and keeping people out of the way. The reasen alot of shots are filmed above the water is so we don't have to fly above people. Better to lose a copter than to hurt someone. We are also insured should something happen. Thanx for your feedback.

I agree with flying over water, at least if the thing fails its not going to kill someone. I don't know how your insurance would cover an accident whilst flying over people...I'm sure they would have a get out clause in there somewhere, it's common practice.

Ross

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Well, it's official. It has nothing to do with which camera or what hack or anything like that. Jeff has simply been blessed with a magic touch.

Hell, he even manages to look cool in FPV specs!

Kilby

Got a little practice in the goggles yesterday. Hope you lot enjoy it!

Last edited by a moderator: