Photohigher skyline rsgs

rcmike

I looked at the picture before I read that it was an X4. At first I didn't see the tip motor and thought you were upside down somehow. Was trying to figure out how your gimbal did that. :highly_amused:

fabietto_91

AWSOME!

Just uploaded 1.6 and WHAT a difference..

Yes horizon is a tad out of level but check out the angle the copter was in, a full HARD right diving turn.. something you would never be doing while filming.

Copter DroidWorx SkyJib Lite X4

Build thread here

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?7018-Droiderbuilt-SkyJib-Lite-4x

attachment.php

Hi Droider!

Maybe you meant 1.7b firmware?
....or 1.6?

Damn, on a shoot and since having to update the firmware, every time I tilt the camera the pan jitters. I doesn't matter how low I se the gain. This was not happening before. Now I just tried 1.7 and it is still got creating a pan jitter when tilting. I don't touch the pan. Is this what others have been complaint about? We tried to fly with pan turned off and jitters are not present, but we really need all 3 axis for this shoot. There is some insane river running going down this weekend. Just not sure what to do. I will try 1.6 again, hopefully that makes it go away.

tombrown1

Damn, on a shoot and since having to update the firmware, every time I tilt the camera the pan jitters. I doesn't matter how low I se the gain. This was not happening before. Now I just tried 1.7 and it is still got creating a pan jitter when tilting. I don't touch the pan. Is this what others have been complaint about? We tried to fly with pan turned off and jitters are not present, but we really need all 3 axis for this shoot. There is some insane river running going down this weekend. Just not sure what to do. I will try 1.6 again, hopefully that makes it go away.

Why not just plug the pan servo straight into the receiver and skip rsgs? I'm amazed that you had smooth pan stab at some point.

I did have smooth pan for a while. I was fighting other issues, but not worse than any other gimbal controller, so just dealt. Yes, I was so focused on trying to deal with RSGS I spaces just plugging it into the receiver. if I can;t get the smooth pan back tonight, I will run it direct tomorrow. I wish I could post today's footage to share with everyone. While many of the shots had issues, we came out with a couple amazing keepers. Kayakers running class 5 whitewater with beautiful blue water.

I posted this to the "show what you filmed" thread. I am flying with the pan axis direct to Rx. It works fine for most shots, but definitely makes me have to think about how I fly instead of just flying on instinct. This is motivating me to try my Picloc again. Sorry if you read lips and are offended by my choice of words. This is what happens when you fly a gh2 to record, but use another fpv camera instead of the Video out. No was to see if the camera is rolling. Pretty funny one of the other cameras caught this.

http://youtu.be/pDIyje71W5Y

Last edited by a moderator:

Efliernz

Pete
I suspect that despite scoring a 9 1/2 (out of 10) for the landing, and flying really well fpv with a dedicated fpv onboard camera... he forgot to start the GH2!

Been there... done that ;) Not good when you are recording a "oncer".

Pete

I don't know why the Gh2 stopped. I am running a hack, but it was not a lock-up. I hope it was a fluke. Everything ran fine the rest of the day. Today is the last at of the shoot and I don't want to make any more changes, but I think we are going to reload stock firmware.

Macsgrafs

I suspect that despite scoring a 9 1/2 (out of 10) for the landing, and flying really well fpv with a dedicated fpv onboard camera... he forgot to start the GH2!

Been there... done that ;) Not good when you are recording a "oncer".

Pete

hahahahaha phew.....thought it was just me! Was had 3 times in one day with a gopro...thought the flashing light meant it was in standby mode & vice versa ;)

Macsgrafs

... that's just stupid ;)

Not when you already have a camera that flashes a red LED when it's in standby mode :( For my defence...it was the first time I had ever used a gopro...have you ever wondered why you see aerial videos shot with a gopro & before the flight you see some ugly face staring at the lens...yep, that's people like me who are tryign to work out if the camera is in record mode ;)