Photohigher skyline rsgs

Efliernz

Pete
Ok... you win.

If it makes you feel better, I am building a new fpv hack tonight so I can have some combat flying against Stacky. I managed to slice (with a blade) a nice longitudinal line up the last joint of my index finger... just above the gash I got tramping 10 days ago. Duh!

Pete

nicwilke

Skyline firmware beta 1.7. Gains still not 100%. Yaw still drifting a little. Will tune up this week.

Last edited by a moderator:

alefaccioli

Hi! nice video, seems perfect!
can you post the version without post-stabilization?
which camera have you recorded with? can you tell us the gain values you're using?
and last but not least... where I can find the 1.7 beta?
thank you! :)

iceman

Thats the problem I have, vibration/shaking when I use the AV200 with the pan kit fitted. I get very good results without the pan option but as soon as i add the pan kit there is too much shaking of the camera, even with the pan gear compression bearing upgrade. As soon as the gimbal is mounted rigid to the frame all is good, it's a shame as I have the skyline working quite well otherwise.

Efliernz

Pete
I've just flown my DW VM-6 with rsgs fpv for the first time. Good results. Lots to edit but with careful smooth flying, the results were stable :)

Pete

I am curious I you have a jitter on pan like I do when you tilt the camera. While working on the bench with gimbal hangin so pan will move, tilt the camera down without touching the pan input. Does pan move at all? This is the latest problem I can't seem to solve.

Thats the problem I have, vibration/shaking when I use the AV200 with the pan kit fitted. I get very good results without the pan option but as soon as i add the pan kit there is too much shaking of the camera, even with the pan gear compression bearing upgrade. As soon as the gimbal is mounted rigid to the frame all is good, it's a shame as I have the skyline working quite well otherwise.

jchiogna

reinforce the adapter plate

Did you reinforce the AV2 - Droidworx Adaptor Plate plate with the following:

100-1236 AV2 - DW Apaptor plate insert

Some guys added their own insert :
http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=120113125213533299294106.jpg

iceman

I am curious I you have a jitter on pan like I do when you tilt the camera. While working on the bench with gimbal hangin so pan will move, tilt the camera down without touching the pan input. Does pan move at all? This is the latest problem I can't seem to solve.
I do get some unwanted movement on the bench but only when I roll the gimbal, not the tilt. I believe this is the stock servo dead band and I would upgrade the servo but my problem is a general vibration/shaking of the whole gimbal due to a lack of rigidity between the airframe (AD6 HL) and gimbal.

iceman

Did you reinforce the AV2 - Droidworx Adaptor Plate plate with the following:

100-1236 AV2 - DW Apaptor plate insert

I've seen this in some close ups but haven't seen it available here in the UK, do you know where I could get one? I'm sure this may help.

There is no baseline gain setting. it depends of the balancing of your gimbal, the position of your camera on it, the stuff you attached on it,....

You will have to make your own experience on it:

Place your camera on your gimbal, balance it CAREFULLY (remove the belts and pulley, your gimbal must stay in the same position) replace the belts and pullley, go into the gain setting panel, switch on servos and push the sliders until you have some oscillations. turn back a little, try to chock your frame with your finger to create small vibrations into your structre: the gimbals musn't start shacking. have a look at the stab by hand.
Once your are statisfy with your gain on the ground make some lying tests.
turn back to the table, adjust your gain, turn back flying, ...

:)

MikeH

I am curious I you have a jitter on pan like I do when you tilt the camera. While working on the bench with gimbal hangin so pan will move, tilt the camera down without touching the pan input. Does pan move at all? This is the latest problem I can't seem to solve.[/QUOTE

If your pan is moving while tilting it may be that your level isn't correct or it needs a little bit of adjustment. Try offsetting the camera tray by a degree and see if it makes it worse. If it is worse take the tray back in the opposite direction. It will take time but if I remember correctly it should solve it.

The new manual is coming along nicely, i picked up alot of useful info from brendan at photohigher so it should make alot more sense to you all. A couple of weeks should see it finished :)

Efliernz

Pete
It does take time. I found that my gimbal would roll slightly when I tilted all the way down. I realigned the rsgs as it wasn't perfectly inline... it took a dozen tries but I got it... tilting without a roll.
I think your problem is just like mine... but in the other axis.

Mine looked so perfectly straight... but it wasn't good enough for the rsgs! Take your time... my results are now consistently good :)

Pete

Last edited by a moderator: