Bad Day Flying

Tahoe Ed

It was not my best day flying. I trashed my F550. Four broken arms and 5 lost Graupner props. The good news is that all the electronics seem to work. This is great since it did an inverted landing from 60' up. I also had a prop come off on my F450. Not usual but kinda expected. Replaced them all with DJI props. I am one short of Graupners.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
Sorry to hear that, had days like that myself and it's no fun at all. Speaking of props, I was at the field yesterday with some of my multis and a new club member stopped by with his DJI F450 that needed a little tuning. Hooked it to the laptop and made some gain changes and did some test flights, after we got it dialed in pretty well the GoPro went on and up it went. Maybe 2 minutes in I heard a weird noise and looked up just in time to see the F450 somersault into the dirt from about 5 feet in the air, sure enough one of the kit props threw a blade!

I'm glad I stopped using them after day 1, from all the stories I've read of people that had similar experiences and what I saw yesterday I'd strongly recommend using the kit props for stirring paint and not much else.

Ken

Tahoe Ed

Yes it could have been a better day, but I was using Graupners on the F550 and the F450. Sometimes it happens. Not a DJI problem, just mine Oh Well....

Always a shame to hear stuff like this. Good to hear all the electronics survived. Do you think the prop broke or came off the motor shaft? Or do you think it fractured?