Hello from MaytechRC

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi MaytechRC,p

please look at the video. I never used any probs they didnt burn during flight, but at dry tests on the ground. The issue already started when firing up the motors the first time.

2 of the 6 produced visible smoke during the procedure you will see below, just starting them up with the DJI WKM, after all six V2 were calibrated with my radio before. The other four didnt smoke up but started smelling.
The startup issue i could never resolve. I tried all different settings back and forwards than only on one motor, thinking that there might be some meat left in the none smoked up ones.

last time i am posting this video, that i send to you guys about a month ago already :)

Boris

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
from what I understand, EVERYTHING in China is like this. there is 1 manufacturer for many things and they get rebranded. I know for our kitesurfing equipment there are 3 factories that make all 20 brands of kites. I am sure DJI/Xaircraft are the same place. Avrotos, tmotors, quadropower, and soem others are all the same. I bet all the ESC's come from 1 or 2 places in China. And we all get mislead by masterful marketing power. The goal is to make as much money as possible while doing as little customer service as possible. It's an age old formula.

On a positive note, my maytech v1's have been great. but if I switch to an octo I dont know what I will do as clearly buying more esc's is going to be problematic.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Just to clarify further. The choice of the 35A over 40A, that would have been more suitable for the 2820/14 you are right ( a close one ) was because of the size of the 35A compared to the 40A.

Specs:

Specification
AXI 2820/14
Voltage range
3 - 4s Li-poly​
RPM per Volt
860 RPM/V​
Max. Efficiency
86%​
Max. Efficiency Current
15-30 A​
Max. load
36 A/30 s​
Internal resistance
168mW​
Dimensions (see drawing 1)
35x48 mm​
Shaft Diameter
5 mm​
Weight
151 g​
Properller range.
Direct drive.

Special quadrocopter use 14" prop​

Max hover with this setup back than was in total around 50A at hover, with turnigy plush, than switched to your ESCs V2 thinking it would make the bird better. But the bird never hovered or left the ground but got its muscles torn already at the initial startup.

Boris

MaytechRC

Hi guy,

Thank you for your info.

We do our own design, spec and fabrication, and the designs are original. There are other manufacturers of course, but they are producing clones of the designs of these companies, and in most cases these clones are several generations removed from current production, using lowest cost components, etc. So you may find the hardware identical, but the internals, across the lines is different.
For example, Hobbywing ESCs, you can also find it is idential to other ESCs.

Just a FYI.

I have removed the heatshrink of a Maytech V1 esc and I find the hardware identical to my other Esc...
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...0A_BlueSeries_Brushless_Speed_Controller.html

As to why a V2 destroyed a set of very expensive motors is entirely the ESC' fault. Under no circumastances even under wrong settings can a healthy esc destroy a motor.

MaytechRC

Hi IrisAerial,

Thanks for your info.

from what I understand, EVERYTHING in China is like this. there is 1 manufacturer for many things and they get rebranded. I know for our kitesurfing equipment there are 3 factories that make all 20 brands of kites. I am sure DJI/Xaircraft are the same place. Avrotos, tmotors, quadropower, and soem others are all the same. I bet all the ESC's come from 1 or 2 places in China. And we all get mislead by masterful marketing power. The goal is to make as much money as possible while doing as little customer service as possible. It's an age old formula.

On a positive note, my maytech v1's have been great. but if I switch to an octo I dont know what I will do as clearly buying more esc's is going to be problematic.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
What i heard both Maytech and HK (as many else) hardware manufactured by this company: http://ztwoem.en.ec21.com/ Please correct if i'm wrong. I have now 6x V1 and 6X V2 maytechs. I have startup issues too with V2, a bit similar but not as bad as Boris had. Don't want to wait them to start smoking, and this is combo with QC3328 motors. My motors get also very hot quickly when dodgy startups but this happens more randomly than Boris had. But this is only startups without props, when props are on it seems to help but...
Kari

I must agree with you on this one. I noticed back then when i had my fingers on the motors giving them a little resistance they would have jumped out of the startup problems right away.

Tomstoy2

This is very disturbing. Not the fact, well documented, ( which is extremely disturbing in itself ), but the fact that this thread has been in circulation for 4 weeks now, and not once has Maytech come out and admitted there may be a problem, but seem to be more than happy giving to you a song and dance routine in an effort to save face with a faulty product. I don't presume to say for anybody else, just myself, but I find this behavior unacceptable.

This is just my observation. Felt it needed to be said.

MaytechRC

Thanks to everyone concerning with our ESCs

Dear ALL guys,

Thanks very much for all your comment and feedback about our Harrier-Suprem V2 ESCs.
At any time or period, your info/opinion is very valuable and helpful for us to improve our products.

To be frank, V1 and V2 ESCs have proven good performance in airplanes and helicopters. They have fast throttle response, good reliable governor mode and soft-satrt features. Especially, for V2 ESCs, the start-up strength can be adjusted according to the motors.

About on multi-rotors, the V1 ESCs are better choice than V2 ESCs. As to the problems Mr. Boris mentioned about our V2 ESCs start-ups and problem with AXI motors, we decide to re-buy some AXI motors to check again. Last year, when we lauched V2 ESCs to market, we mainly tested them on helicopters and airplanes.

Thank you again for you guys’ time and concerning. Your feedback is ALWAYS the power for us to upgrade/improve us and we attach great attention. You can also email us when having any suggestion or advice about our products or company, maytech@maytech.cn . To make better and better products which meet more and more customers’ requirements, efficient communications with users, knowing their demands and needs, are very important.

Best regards,
MayTech RC

MaytechRC

From the video, the ESC start-up strength is in a critical point of the motor starting current. At this time, programming the ESC
start-up strength can solve this problem. The aim we design this feature(ESC start-up strength adjustable) is to make sure our motors compatible with most motors in the market. Adjustable start-up strength is very effective method to solve such problem.

It would also we very interesting to get an explanation why this motors start up problem always happens at the second startup try in the same rhythm on going? For me it is obvious that its am FW issue that you might have resolved in the meantime. !

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Japp just like mentioned before in my posts tried all the different settings also concerning startup strength and no change. But maybe that's a hint were the problem might be. Looking at the video at every second start up V2 is using a different startup strength once normal the way it should be the other time too weak or to strong for whatever reason. Probably a firmware issue.

Boris

Kari

1: 10% 2: 15% 3: 20% 4: 25% 5: 30% 6: 35% 7: 40% 8: 45% 9: 50%

How would we have a clue what's suitable to our motors rather than go through all possible setting combination and possibly damage our motors with wrong settings?

Kari

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Thank you everyone for handling this in a civilized fashion. Maytech is a new advertiser with the site and because of these problems I've asked my web guy to remove their ad until the problems can be fixed.

Maybe MaytechRC can explain what they were trying to accomplish with the V2 ESC's that wasn't available with the V1 ESC's? What improvements were they trying to provide?

Thanks,
Bart

Macsgrafs

Good move Bart, shame the other websites dont do this..they are far to interested in the revenue rather than their members!!!!

Ross

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Thomas,

they look like V1. The V2 have a extra little red or yellow star on them stating V2 which i cant see on the sticker of the min the video

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
state clearly to them which motors you are planning to use with their ESCs, from experience i would recommend V1

Boris

Kari

I have tried both and V1:s are much better in multirotor setup than V2, at least with dji, don't know how they perform with other controllers. V2:s also seem to have problems in startup with some commonly used motor types.

Kari