Hello from MaytechRC

plingboot

hi maytech,
i've got 4 version 2 esc's sitting here unused, any chance i can swap them for version 1's or something more suitable for multirotor use?

i bought them having been advised that they had the same functions as the version 1's, but having discovered that they were not the same and having seen the issues detailed here, i didn't want to risk installing them.

btw, i'm using tiger motors and dji electronics…

and this is a serious question/request, NOT, a glib comment.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
can anyone comment on the advertising regarding V2 ESC's? Were they sold as being multirotor friendly or are some of us just guilty of falling into the line of thought that V2 must be better than V1?

just curious as to what the available information had to say about V2 ESC's.

Thanks,
Bart

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
can anyone comment on the advertising regarding V2 ESC's? Were they sold as being multirotor friendly or are some of us just guilty of falling into the line of thought that V2 must be better than V1?

just curious as to what the available information had to say about V2 ESC's.

Thanks,
Bart

HI Bart,

i personally certainly fell for the thought that the V2 might be better than the V1. Back then ordering them though i explicitly expressed that I will be using them with WKM thinking bluntly that they have to be compatible with most given motors used in the MR scene.

Things changed though on the maytech.cn page to the better and they explicitly offer the V1 version as multirotor packages now:

http://maytech.cn/eng/prolist.asp?p...tor Servo Propeller for RC Hobby from Maytech

Its just a jungle out there concerning the counter ESCs and finding the right ones if you want to step out of the line and using something new that could be better. On the other side Maytech seems to one of the first with a few others to adopt to the market and taking the MR scene serious.

Build wise the V2 are certainly of higher quality than the normal hobbywing turnigy ESCs.

View attachment 3612View attachment 3613

Boris

Attachments

• P1010338.jpg
    P1010338.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 447
  • P1010336.jpg
    P1010336.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 387

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Can you even buy V1's? I am concerned if I switch from my hex to an octo that buying 2 additional matching esc's will be impossible.

plingboot

iirc, after ken's thread about reflashing plush esc's - which turned out to be a dead end i seem to remember maytechs cropping up as an alternative, partly because v1's had a setting which reduced that motor whine.

i contacted maytech via their website and again iirc (need to check me emails) that v2's were ideal for multirotors and that the firmware setup options were the same.

when they arrived it was immediately obvious the one setting i wanted was missing and i simply didnt think a return was going to be anything short of a pia so in the spares box they went.

i definiely bought off the back of direct advice rather than forum momentum. i can hunt out emails and forum links if required.

Boltzman

Hi Boris!

i have Tiger AT2826 900kv motors and Maytech 40A opto escs on TBS Discovery 720 with RC Timer arms. Naza FC.
Everything up to 11x5 props flyies good. Then when i put on 13x6.5 props i get a lot of motor coggning and the TBS is extremely wobbly, all in Atti mode. In manual it flyies much better with less wobble and less coggning.

The cogging usually get it to flip.

Any ideas? Is it the ESCs? I tried different timings, in both 8 and 16khz.

HI Bart,

i personally certainly fell for the thought that the V2 might be better than the V1. Back then ordering them though i explicitly expressed that I will be using them with WKM thinking bluntly that they have to be compatible with most given motors used in the MR scene.

Things changed though on the maytech.cn page to the better and they explicitly offer the V1 version as multirotor packages now:

http://maytech.cn/eng/prolist.asp?protype=601&propage=2&product=Brushless%20ESC%20Motor%20Servo%20Propeller%20for%20RC%20Hobby%20from%20Maytech

Its just a jungle out there concerning the counter ESCs and finding the right ones if you want to step out of the line and using something new that could be better. On the other side Maytech seems to one of the first with a few others to adopt to the market and taking the MR scene serious.

Build wise the V2 are certainly of higher quality than the normal hobbywing turnigy ESCs.

View attachment 5065View attachment 5066

Boris

RobertsUp

Now I'm scared. I received my Maytechs from a dealer in Colorado several weeks ago. My building is very slow. They're 40 amp optos preflashed with SimonK and exactly what I wanted. My motors are 2814's said to be a tad better quality than Avrotos. Avroto rhymes too much with AXI. Heh. We'll see how it all turns out. -Rob (I'm a poor poet and I know it)

First to excuse myself for my English "google" I am using axi 2814/22 with Maytech V2 40amp, and with propellers of 12x3.8, the engines go down very warmly and last Sunday I burned one, salio burning, I do not manage to use these propellers because the temperature is super raised. That I can do? To replace Esc? Maytech must answer to this widespread problem

PilotMan

Hi there,

Having a problem and need answers. :dejection:

Have almost lost my aerial rig on a couple of occasion over your low voltage protection on the SimonK flashed 40A-OPTO's. My DJI Naza is fully capable of protection and voltage monitoring so I don't need double protection. On top of it all, I checked the battery voltage after one mishap and there was plenty of juice left in the batteries.

Can these be programed to turn off that option? Hope Im not stuck with trash here. :torn:

Hello guys,

Nice meeting you all.
This is really a good and helpful community to shout out and solve problems when flying multicopters.
Many professionals and experienced guys dicuss here, 7days/24hours, all over the world.