Show us what you shot.

jes1111

I would definitely recommend looking at DxO Optics Pro as a raw processor. Apart from making it very easy to great raw conversion results, it specifically corrects the lens distortion, chromatic abberation, vignetting, etc. of supported camera/lens combos - check on their site if yours is supported. I believe the Canon S90 is covered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilby

Thanks for the info, jes. It does support my s90. I'll probably pick up a copy tonight when I get home, I just want to read up on it a bit more first.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I found this place today, it needs a lick of paint but it's a beautiful 150 year old mansion in Stroud, Gloucestershire. It's currently on the market for £650,000 and needs at least the same again spent on it to get it to its former glory...

It was very hard to get a decent shot, because the land around the house is very small and I didn't want to fly directly over roads and other houses. For most of the shots I was literally standing at the boundary, with the heli directly overhead and me looking straight up breaking my neck!!

View attachment 3169

View attachment 3170

View attachment 3171

Attachments

• Pooles Lane_003.jpg
    Pooles Lane_003.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 338
  • Pooles Lane_029.jpg
    Pooles Lane_029.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 294
  • Pooles Lane_051.jpg
    Pooles Lane_051.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 320

MombasaFlash

Heli's & Tele's bloke
Huh! I used to school near Stroud. In fact the school buildings looked exactly like that manor.

Did you sort of turn up, wander in and shove the MR up or did you ask the inhabitants first before taking pics?

Not that I really care either way, it's just that there is a strange attitude about us lot taking aerial pics. Nobody pays a blind bit of attention to a member of the public taking photos ANYWHERE of ANYTHING. You can stop by the road and take pics of a nuclear power station, with a big fat telephoto lens. But, if we send up an MR to photograph the self same subjects from the air, to get a new, fresh perspective, we are somehow being objectionable and intrusive.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Huh! I used to school near Stroud. In fact the school buildings looked exactly like that manor.

Did you sort of turn up, wander in and shove the MR up or did you ask the inhabitants first before taking pics?

Not that I really care either way, it's just that there is a strange attitude about us lot taking aerial pics. Nobody pays a blind bit of attention to a member of the public taking photos ANYWHERE of ANYTHING. You can stop by the road and take pics of a nuclear power station, with a big fat telephoto lens. But, if we send up an MR to photograph the self same subjects from the air, to get a new, fresh perspective, we are somehow being objectionable and intrusive.

It's probably because with a multi, you can see in people's bedroom windows!

No, I would never normally just turn up. I saw the place for sale on eBay, so I emailed him and asked if he wanted some free pics. I was in the area anyway visiting family. We were just very lucky that the weather was so perfect.

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Quite unrelated to multi rotors, but still on the theme of flying, after the mansion shoot yesterday we went to the hills around Stroud and I managed to capture a panorama. The para-glider just happened to take off at the right time.

View attachment 3172

Gunter.

Attachments

• paraglider panorama WEB.jpg
    paraglider panorama WEB.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 301

robvree

Thanks Elliott. The camera is a Nikon J1.

Gunter.

That's really great to hear. I have been waiting to see some results of the J1 and V1 from a multi. Have you tried some video with it? How are triggering the shutter to take the photos? Are you really happy with the camera? The results look great.

Thanks,

Rob

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
That's really great to hear. I have been waiting to see some results of the J1 and V1 from a multi. Have you tried some video with it? How are triggering the shutter to take the photos? Are you really happy with the camera? The results look great.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob, overall I'm very happy with the cam. The quality is a lot better on my pc, as soon as I upload the images the website seems to do something and they don't look as good as the original.

I think image quality is definitely good enough for web, real estate and even large poster size prints.

I'm using live video feed from the camera to frame and a gentled to trigger, very effective and gives great results. Downside is I have to have a camera operator to help! I will sort a way around that soon though.

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZAxis

Attachments

• Thorner_church1 copy.jpg
    Thorner_church1 copy.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 207
  • Thorner_church2.jpg
    Thorner_church2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 306
  • Village_high.jpg
    Village_high.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 317
Last edited by a moderator:

ZAxis

Any idea of the height for the last 2 shots?
Hi Ross.Thanks alot. I know the last was 250meters and the second I would guess around 200. It's the highest I've ever taken photos from but with the clover antennae the feed was flawless.
Maybe i'll try and photograph something abit more exciting over the next few days.
Lec