Show us what you shot.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Sorry, I didnt intend to offend anyone in this.

Aye Up Stacky.. My comments where general not to anyone in particular.. no apologies needed from anyone just a mutual respect that opinions differ, horses for courses. Please everyone keep the fantastic info coming I for one need it ;-)

Dave

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Ludgershall Castle from earlier today.

ludgershall castle 01.jpg

ludgershall castle 03.jpg

ludgershall castle panorama small.jpg

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up Gunter all I see is question marks! opps now I see um! looks like the big bad wolf huffed and puffed!

Glad you had a nice day down there...

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Aye Up Gunter all I see is question marks! opps now I see um! looks like the big bad wolf huffed and puffed!

Glad you had a nice day down there...

Dave

Aye, he did huff and puff...I didn't think it was doing too bad though, considering it was built 800 years ago. Just a lick of paint and a few new roof tiles...

DennyR

View attachment 3979
More ruins, Salamis-TRNC

400 ASA, high contrast subject shot into the shadows yet full color space range. Used raw plus individual channel compression to avoid clipping. Anyone who wants to know the PS technique for this process working in RGB or CMYK send PM. And why you might need to understand CMYK color profiles.

Attachments

• Salamis Ruins.jpg
    Salamis Ruins.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 270
Last edited by a moderator:

Bowley

Ludgershall Castle from earlier today.

ludgershall castle 01.jpg

ludgershall castle 03.jpg

ludgershall castle panorama small.jpg

Was they with your J1 Gunter, I think I recognise its unique image quality, its nice, good in low light. nice shots,
shame you didnt have some more time up north to do some of the castles and ruins about Moray. If your up this way again, give us a shout, on the MR front, its lonely up here.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
Was they with your J1 Gunter, I think I recognise its unique image quality, its nice, good in low light. nice shots,
shame you didnt have some more time up north to do some of the castles and ruins about Moray. If your up this way again, give us a shout, on the MR front, its lonely up here.

Yes, the J1. Cropped and slightly sharpened. For the price, I like it very much.

I was intending to do some more photos but the weather was constantly bad...or even worse! I got to the ruined abbey in Findhorn to shoot there and the heavens opened up. Even at the Foundation I had to shoot while it was raining!

G.

Gunter is the J1anygood for video?
I want to grab so nice video but with out the gopro fisheye... And my d7000 hasnt gone airborne yet lol wife doesnt like the idea so i may get another cam but i want both decent pics and vid

Macsgrafs

Terry, can I give you a tip...level that horizon in PS, I know it will crop the edges, but seeing the water rush out of the side of the frame isnt good mate ;) Apart from that I like them a lot, nice captures.

If you guys really want to see how good you think your photography is, join photosig, its free to join & allows many 1000's of amateur & pro photographers alike access to your shots & they give critiques. When I first joined photosig (many years ago) I was cut to peaces by so many...this wasnt right, that wasnt right & I thought they were perfect :( it does knock you a bit, but it makes you stronger & more determined to take a better shot next time. Of course like all aspects in life you will find some Tommy Tankers on there...ignore them ;)

Ross

Kilby

Thanks, Ross. I know it needed straightening, but it seemed like it was losing a lot of sharpness as I did so. I want to go back and edit the raw file and see how that acts, but I need to update PS first cause it doesn't seem to support my Cannon raw format.

Normally the photo would have been straight to begin with, but I had just killed both of my gimbal servos right before this trip and literally had it zip tied down. ;-)

-Terry

Macsgrafs

No worries Terry. By the way what version of PS are you using?
sorry to hear about your gimbal, such a pain when something goes wrong :(

Ross

Bowley

I want to grab so nice video but with out the gopro fisheye... And my d7000 hasnt gone airborne yet lol wife doesnt like the idea so i may get another cam but i want both decent pics and vid

Is it a GP1 or 2 you have? if its a 2 you can set the FOV to narrow in 1080.

Gunter

Draganflyer X4

It's not too bad at video. Obviously not as good as the GH2 but still good. I have a few clips on my pc I keep meaning to post but not had time. Have a look on YouTube for sample videos, they are pretty impressive.

Regards,

Gunter.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunter

Draganflyer X4
I went to the New Forest today with my son for a photoshoot. As he is only 5, I had to do everything myself :)

2 days ago, with the help of a learned friend, we set up the s-bus on my heli with a Futaba super 8 and also transferred all camera controls to the one transmitter. I previously had a separate transmitter for the camera man, but because I don't always have a camera man, I need to do it myself. I have a tripod mounted screen to frame the shots, and I have camera tilt and shutter release on my transmitter. We also set up remote gains, which is nice when the wind gets up!

Fountain Court:

fountain court 02.jpg

fountain court 05.jpg

fountain court 01.jpg

Eyeworth Lodge:

eyeworth 04.jpg

eyeworth 05.jpg

yeehaanow

Thanks Gunter.
Seems like the vertical ones are easier to stitch together than the horizontal ones. There were some fixes I had to do with the overlaps on this one.

Hi all, i'd like to introduce myself and i look forward to sharing my shots with you from here on in. I recently built a new MK controlled MegaHexa and have purchased a NEX 7 in an effort to go further than the GoPro results that are well.....only just ok. I purchased the NEX 7 online here in Australia but soon found out it was actually in Hong Kong when customs contacted me and wanted $ 240 in duties on top of what I already paid. Anyway I'm working on getting compensated and that should be resolved but I now find that depending on what region you're in you either get 50 /60 P and mine is 50 P which maybe someone could advise if I should be returning the unit whilst I can. View attachment 4152View attachment 4153 Here's a couple of shots I took with my Quad and GoPro. Cheers and thanks in advance.

Stu

Attachments

• Mourilyan Harbour QLD-Mourilyan Harbour (1 of 1).jpg
    Mourilyan Harbour QLD-Mourilyan Harbour (1 of 1).jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 276
  • Mourilyan Harbour QLD-Mourilyan Harbour (8 of 8).jpg
    Mourilyan Harbour QLD-Mourilyan Harbour (8 of 8).jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 264