Picloc 3x setting experience etc.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Hexacop, I had the same issue.
George got this bad quality from the factory and acutally did everything he could to repair those that had the problem. It wasnt possible for me to get it working even after refeshing all the pins but he ex changed it right away for me. Could be that one slipped through or where ever you bought the picloc was still one if the ones that suffered from that issue.

Hi Jochen, i had my jeti box hooked up to it and it worked but i never got to the actuall menu levels that it should display. Only got four different screens that looked like debug info. Not sure if its completely implemented yet.

Boris

achta

Hello,

This was a Factory problem and Georg know this, it is not his fold ;-)
I hade the sam problem of one of the picloc... But its easy to fix it...

Good luck
Michael

GeorgeM

@ Hexacop. Really sorry for your USB issue. As Boris rightly says, I've been screwed BIG TIME by my manufacturers.... Yes.. The USB I originally specified was replaced without my knowledge to one that does not have the locator pins that should engage with the holes that are present in the USB board. In fact, you may have discovered that they used a different USB socket, and snipped away the pins and fitted it shamelessly.
This has caused me to re-send out a LOT of Piclocs. The USB was not the only screw I suffered. The soldering was all botched. You may see the Boards assembled on the Pick and Place machine, and oven soldered in the video I posted in November. Reality ??? I received unusable boards. The only people that saved me were the ones mentioned in this post.
All later versions were being doctored, and should not have any problems.
In any case, if any issues, I am replacing units FOC.
Of course, my manufacturer is not accepting any responsibility. They got the payment way ahead of manufacturing !!

@Jochen : My Picloc works well with the JetiBox as seen in my videos.
However, ( again due to the mfg screw ) a part was substituted... and the result is just being realized.
OK.. I have a quick fix.

Please open up your Picloc, find R2, which is a resistor of value 10K ( number on it is 103.. use a lens to see it ).
This is situated close to the Servo 1/2 output, and is found on the bottom right hand corner when you open the lid.

If you can use a soldering iron , just short this out with a blob of solder, or a really short piece ( strand ) of wire.
A video on how to remove or replace SMD resistors can be found here.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XyrNjNXSo8

If you have access to some electronics junk ( a broken old cellphone, cordless phone, CD player, a broken MK FlightCtrl.. etc... ) you can find a resistor that has a value of range varying from 0 ohms to 800ohms (ish)..(value not important),
and solder this in place. In Piclocs being sent out as from this week, the value being put in is a 471 ( 470 Ohm ).

To identify the values of resistors, go to this site : SMD Resistor Calculator

Again.. this value is unimportant... as long as it is not larger than around 800(ish) ohms.

This MOD will bring your Picloc-3X/PRO to talk easily with your JetiBox through your RMK2 Jeti Duplex receiver.
Perhaps it will even get it to talk to your JetiMiniBox.
I am still waiting for mine to arrive, so... when it arrives here, I can verify if it works with the smaller Jetibox too... and if not, I will amend the firmware to get it to speak to it too.

Thanks and sorry for the inconv.

George

MultiHexa

Hello George,

I have a 3x Picloc Std software 0.55.

Almost everything works well.

Unfortunately I get the satellite from the DX6 is not running.

That's what I did:
First first bind your satellite receiver with a normal range without the picloc
Second Picloc connected to the satellite and placed in the DX6i software.
Third The satellite is lit, but I have no function with the remote.

What is the point of "Calibartion / Radio CAL / Bind spectrum?
Should we not do one this?

I am grateful for any help.

MultiHexa

Hi everybody.
Georges Tipp in Post 183 is working very well and it is quiet easy.
George, It works also with the Jeti Box Mini.
But i have one other question: When i switch on the Compass via Jeti Box Compass is on. I can see the behavior of the mount is changing. It starts to turn slightly.
I Think its because im inside and there are maybe some magnetic fields arround.
But its switching off after about one minute by itself. is this normal ?

Jochen

hexacop

HexaCop
A small test from today. Due to bad weather I could not do a 1:1 comparison with the MK stabilization, but after reducing the acceleration parameters to < 40 the video looks better than last time. Still it does not keep horizontal level very good after few 360° turns.

Last edited by a moderator:

airworx

Hello there. For the last 4 ays i ve been constantly trying to get rid of video vibration on my okto xl and av200 360. I managed to get most of the vibrations out of the way..it was not entirely due to picloc settings. It was due to the swinging of the entire gimbal under the propeler wash and picloc trying to compensate for those microvibrations which made it even worse. the gimbal was not fastenet to the frame properly . This is something to consider with those who have the same setup

Anyways...the only vibrations (jitter) remaining now are the ones on the pan axis and I think this is due to pan comepnsation. Is there any way I can turn pan compesation off on picloc 3xpro, but still be able to control the camera on the pan axis?The servo I have for pan is pretty bad and is not able to compensate for yaw movements i make during flight precisely enough

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Guys,
I was just looking at the picloc website, does the 2X have the same processing power and ability to handle 2 axis control that the 3X has for three axis control? In other words would I get the same quality 2 axis control with the 2X that I would get with the 3X using only 2 axis?
Can anyone share pricing info with me please? I'm more interested in the 2 axis controller as I'm about at my limit for weight and space.
Thanks,
Bart

flytofly

@hexacop Those are some pretty props. According to the vendor's site they weigh 27g which is just a couple grams heavier than APC. I think I may still try them just because of the look! not to mention they're something like 65 bucks for 2 pair.

flytofly

Wow I was unaware there was a picloc 2 axis. I actually just reserved two picloc 3x to use on roll/tilt. I'm very curious about the performance of PicLoc 2x as well!

Guys,
I was just looking at the picloc website, does the 2X have the same processing power and ability to handle 2 axis control that the 3X has for three axis control? In other words would I get the same quality 2 axis control with the 2X that I would get with the 3X using only 2 axis?
Can anyone share pricing info with me please? I'm more interested in the 2 axis controller as I'm about at my limit for weight and space.
Thanks,
Bart

GeorgeM

Hi... the 2X's were discontinued a long time ago.

Performance increase of the 3X over the 2X, is significant.
Pricing was kept virtually the same, even though the 3X is much more complex.
So.. in respect to the 2X, the 3rd axis is ... like... free.

I would be happy with a 1x that worked good! I've been $!!$$$ with the GY401's and ten different servos! Can't wait for that next batch of 3x's George!

GeorgeM

@airworx - The pan axis needs to be as fast as possible too.
If you have a slow servo, and you still want to operate it manually through Picloc ( because you are either using a PPM_SUM or a Spektrum RX ) , then you may temporarily connect your pan servo to an unusaed output in Picloc.... example Servo output 6. Then, from the servo matrix selector, select the TX channel you want it controlled from ).

The next firmware update will include switching for different modes of operation / stabilization options, and should enable you to achieve what you want in a very easy way.

GeorgeM

@multihexa Let me try to find your email ..( Arrghhh! ) and reply to you, because I need some further info.