tell me what i want

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Sweet chop. Mine will have the extended swingarm and shocks since it came like that. But the hard tail is the way to go!

Be patient. The parts will arrive....eventually :). Honestly, I made my choice partially based on availability here in the USA warehouse. May have chose different parts if they were local - but so far everything has worked out ok.

jbrumberg

Once there is an HK tracking number one can track it through the USPS. The USPS has been alerted as to the pending shipment. After the order is shipped there is usually a period of time of "not found"- that's "OK". This may be for about 2 - 3 days (or more) depending on country and warehouse. Then there's the period of time, usually a long period of time (weeks) when the package is going through customs awaiting shipment to the USA. Once the shipment hits the USA it takes about 3 to 4 days to arrive. HK had been "burned" recently by different country's customs policy changes, but that has been straightened out. Now it is time to just :02.47-tranquillity: it out. This will be helped by a trade Estes ProtoX and some other stuff I just got in the mail today in a trade of some RC stuff. I also got a "knockoff" #808 keychain videocam in this trade that I will modify for my X1's. So I will keep myself occupied in a "RC way".

Last edited by a moderator:

hardtails look badass, but that thing had a long wheelbase combined with the hard tail it was kind of crazy to ride it, it was like riding a horse on rough roads

i ordered a cam too, the mobius, little more $ then the 808 but from the videos ive seen on youtube its comparable to a gopro, at least the lower end ones

yeah i tracked malyasia post or whatever but nothing found, must be in the not found time

jbrumberg

My ESC's have been processed through Kearny, NJ!:surprise: Only a couple of more days now. :02.47-tranquillity: Based on history, and a holiday probably Saturday. We'll see.

waiting sucks. looks like i placed my order on about 12/23 and the latest tracking just shows
January 4, 2014 , 4:10 pm
Processed Through Sort Facility
KUALA LUMPUR, MALAYSIA

there shipping is not fast thats forsure, i ordered a few other things from china since this and have recieved them (including my mobius cam, which came in only a few days i think)

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
On a side note: last time I ordered from HK USA Warehouse, it took over a week to get here. I ordered on the 3rd (just some small stuff, ironically, nothing I'm amped to get soon!), and it arrived today.... Figures!

my usa HK order came about as fast as expected, think about a week.. sucks the rest of the build is waiting on this slow boat from asia

the rest of my order is in my local usps main facility now so i should be building it this week.. pretty excited. hopefully im not missing anything

jbrumberg

Keep us posted 7808, and good luck. :) Keep us posted. I might have a window of opportunity today weather permitting with calm wind/no wind for my hover testing and fine tuning. I am charging my 3S Tx LiFe battery now- it was running low, Tx alarm low. I will be topping off the 3S battery of the quad just for precautionary measures. Jay

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Great to hear 7808! Definitely keep us posted.

Jay, I'm right there with you (we share a common weather system in MA-VT). Going to head out to a park for some flying and some tuning...

Good luck!

COMike93yj

Still Building!
Glad your stuff is OTW 7808! Envious of you guys getting your things NOW....TOO much researching on my end caused some BackOrders on things. Oh well I am still an "invalid" for a while...but it is all good. Motors should be here this week and I will be making an ESC purchase today along with batts as I can't wait for the BO stuff any longer.

7808 be certain to let us know if you have questions when everything arrives!!!! Scott and Jay can help you more than I can at this point as they are already in the AIR!!! I'll get there soon but the 30 mph winds for the past couple of days and snow squalls would have had me grounded for certain!

jbrumberg

Yes I can give you some pointers on how to crash and cartwheel. I got extra points on the cartwheel. :highly_amused:

COMike93yj

Still Building!
"9.4" from the Colorado Judge!

You would have garnered more points if your cartwheel was turned into a TRIPLE LINDY and the arms broke :)

glad to hear some of you have flying weather, were balls deep in snow here in minneapolis.

well my stuff came yesterday, i dont know who screwed up me or HK, pretty sure i ordered 4 afro 30a ESCs, but only one showed up..order shows qty 1 so crap. then my GF didnt pay the internet bill so i couldnt do much till i was at work today. instead of ordering 3 more of the same ESCs from hk international i decided to order 4 HK "blue" 30a ESCs from the USA warehouse and get 2-3 day priority mail because im too impatient to wait 3+ weeks. ordered a flash tool from amazon for $10 because they were not instock at hk usa, plan on flashing them to simonK firmware. i dont totally understand all of the numbers mean on the escs, BEC, what diff the freq. makes, etc.. just from my research the simonk firmware seems to be good for multirotors.

coreyperez

I just posted this in the group build, but I feel its relative here as well:

All,

I can’t stress enough if you aren’t familiar with flying these types of craft/RCs to invest some money and get one of the little indoor multi-rotor quads. I got a QR Ladybird, and I have learned WELL more than my initial $60 investment. I’ve crashed this thing so many times I’d probably have become discouraged with the entire idea and just given up on the dream had it been my 550 Hex.

I’m coming to you with this idea even after crashing my ladybird so bad I’m now awaiting parts for a repair AND purchased another BNF (Bind and Fly) ladybird as a spare. The takeaway from this is I’m currently out $7, vs possibly hundreds of dollars while learning. PLUS, the mode of flight with this little bugger is 100% manual, thus making the assisted modes of flight a piece of cake (I hope).

I really hope that the initial $60 doesn’t seem like too big of a deal. Consider how much you will really be out if you ball-up your full blown MR!

Just a friendly suggestion…

Corey

skquad

+1

Did exactly the same. While I'm waiting for parts to arrive for my first 'build' I've been practicing with a mQx and also crashed it more times than I can count, but getting better slowly...

It's like any new endeavour, takes time to master.

I just posted this in the group build, but I feel its relative here as well:

All,

I can’t stress enough if you aren’t familiar with flying these types of craft/RCs to invest some money and get one of the little indoor multi-rotor quads. I got a QR Ladybird, and I have learned WELL more than my initial $60 investment. I’ve crashed this thing so many times I’d probably have become discouraged with the entire idea and just given up on the dream had it been my 550 Hex.

I’m coming to you with this idea even after crashing my ladybird so bad I’m now awaiting parts for a repair AND purchased another BNF (Bind and Fly) ladybird as a spare. The takeaway from this is I’m currently out $7, vs possibly hundreds of dollars while learning. PLUS, the mode of flight with this little bugger is 100% manual, thus making the assisted modes of flight a piece of cake (I hope).

I really hope that the initial $60 doesn’t seem like too big of a deal. Consider how much you will really be out if you ball-up your full blown MR!

Just a friendly suggestion…

Corey

jbrumberg

Corey- I agree 110%. BTW, a lot of people consider the Ladybird one of the most difficult "micro's" to learn to fly due to the fact that I think that it is a 3 axis gyro stabilized (if that) quadcopter (like my X1's). I still have 4 operational SYMA X1's that I fly as often as possible. They all have been modified. They all can have different Tx setups and flight characteristics to a degree (and do) with the programmable Tx and I am systematically increasing my orientation exercise distances to where I can fly my X1's out 300' - 400' and maneuver them around taking video and chasing bluejays without fear of loss. And if I do and I am down one (an X1 frakenquad MIA) I am out$30 for 100's of hours of flying enjoyment and learning. My H.A.L. build is no SYMA X1, but the skill sets that I have learned with my "cheap" Tx and "toy" quads is directly transferrable to bigger and better things. Jay

ive already trashed one x1, ordered a spare, and trashed it too (well actually i think my dog wrecked the gear, she loves to chase/attack them) im hoping she doesnt try it with my large one im building