DJI Spreading Wings S1000 Octocopter is coming!

The Octocopter S1000 designed by DJI, will be available very soon! You can see what it looks like within next week.

Some Specs:
Spreading Wings S1000
Flight Time: 15min with Z15-5D Gimbal, 15000mah Battery (1.8kg);
Flight Time: 19min with Z15-5D Gimbal, 20000mah Battery (2.4kg);
Retractable Landing Gear
Optimized Installation Space for DJI A2 Multi-rotor Autopilot System;

Take-off Weight: 10kg;
Carbon-pipe Frame Arms, Foldable;
Aircraft Weight:4.3kg;
Diagonal Wheelbase: 1100mm;
4114 Motor;
15in Foldable Propellers;
XT90 Plug for Battery Connection;

ChrisViperM

The Octocopter S1000 designed by DJI, will be available very soon! You can see what it looks like within next week.

Some Specs:
Spreading Wings S1000
Flight Time: 15min with Z15-5D Gimbal, 15000mah Battery (1.8kg);
Flight Time: 19min with Z15-5D Gimbal, 20000mah Battery (2.4kg);
Retractable Landing Gear
Optimized Installation Space for DJI A2 Multi-rotor Autopilot System;

Take-off Weight: 10kg;
Carbon-pipe Frame Arms, Foldable;
Aircraft Weight:4.3kg;
Diagonal Wheelbase: 1100mm;
4114 Motor;
15in Foldable Propellers;
XT90 Plug for Battery Connection;

Dear DJI

Can I please already pre-order version v3 of the S1000.....version 1 and 2 won't work for sure, as you have proven so many times. Also would like to pre-order all "upgrade" parts which will show up shortly after you launch that milestone in drone technology....

Best regards

Chris

On another note, 15" props 20000mah batteries and 10kg doesn't add up to 19 minutes flight time. Seems a bit optimistic?

econfly

These things are just the sum of their parts. DJI's flight controllers are extremely popular. The ZenMuse has no competition with matching capability at its price point. No reason to expect the motors to be inferior. No reason to expect the ESCs to be inferior. They are working out the 15" folding props on the S800 Evo, but we know that standard 15" props mount just fine too. The problem with the S800 was the flex in the frame (somewhat improved in the Evo). Sounds like they figured out that using carbon fiber tube for the arms makes sense. So, like the S800 and Evo, the real question here is whether the frame is solid. I'm interested in seeing the product before trashing it.

DJI
that S1000 is impressive as was the s800 EVO and the earlier S800
have assemble and test flown both machines in the past, and can have only praise for them
Looking forward to buying the S800 for myself for a change.
Pre-orders are on for $500,BUT
can DJI or someone please give a price range of the S1000,
want to know the approx final price, before i put the bucks in

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
When a shop says '9,999' they mean 'we don't know!'

You'll just have to wait until it's released. Then you'll have to wait for the stock to reach the shops. Then you'll have to wait for some other stuff probably.

I would say the S1000 is 6 months away for most of us.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
I deleted a bunch of posts beginning with the usual proclamations from DennyR that only he knows how to properly design an aerial-media rig followed by the usual piling on that accompanies DJI's product announcements.

You guys are right, it is disappointing that DJI has folks to come here and post without much follow through or customer service to explain the bad that accompanies use of their products from time to time. Let's be civil about it though and not pile on for sake of piling on. Mother always said, if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all.

Bart

Nooky

Hello Dji,

I have read in this Dji S1000 Spreading Wings review (German) that the S1000 will not be allowed to fligh in Germany (and maybe other European countries).
Reasong: its weight is above 5kg and the maxumum wight for unmanned areal vehicles in these counties is 5kg (even for professional use and with governance approval.

Has anybody thought about these issues when the S1000 was developed? Or is there a more lighter Version of the S1000 Octocopter?

greetings from Europe..

Stay with the S800 or change the laws.. :)

Hello Dji,

I have read in this Dji S1000 Spreading Wings review (German) that the S1000 will not be allowed to fligh in Germany (and maybe other European countries).
Reasong: its weight is above 5kg and the maxumum wight for unmanned areal vehicles in these counties is 5kg (even for professional use and with governance approval.

Has anybody thought about these issues when the S1000 was developed? Or is there a more lighter Version of the S1000 Octocopter?

greetings from Europe..

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I don't understand your question. You want a lighter version of a heavy lifter?! The S800 is just under 7kg.

In the UK the weight limit is 20kg. Is it really 5kg in Germany?