XAircraft SuperX

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I haven't checked the throw fully CCW. But heading CW I've hit +106. Might be able to do some more testing later today.

fltundra

I haven't checked the throw fully CCW. But heading CW I've hit +106. Might be able to do some more testing later today.

I'm not sure, bit i think the range will change depending on what your gain settings are in the GUI. Haven't had time to test yet.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I'm not sure, bit i think the range will change depending on what your gain settings are in the GUI. Haven't had time to test yet.

Thanks Tundra. I will see if I can suss it out. At this point I had enough throw to adjust the parameters to kill the vibrations, but I will see if I can dig a little deeper and report back.

fltundra

Thanks Tundra. I will see if I can suss it out. At this point I had enough throw to adjust the parameters to kill the vibrations, but I will see if I can dig a little deeper and report back.

The center detent on the knob on my radio is -22. Two o'clock on the knob gets me to zero gain. Will have to play with the offset. Just thought I'd add that!

kloner

Aerial DP
i leave mine hooked up.... got it on a digital trim tab so no knob to bump. i constantly find myself bumping up the gain in no wind and dropping it a tad in wind to smooth it's bounce, i do it for the footage.....

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The center detent on the knob on my radio is -22. Two o'clock on the knob gets me to zero gain. Will have to play with the offset. Just thought I'd add that!

Thats exactly what Anthony was talking about with the Tarranis. I'm going to document my findings. Although now that I'm more clear on how this works, once I find my ideal position, I should be able to set it and forget it.

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
i leave mine hooked up.... got it on a digital trim tab so no knob to bump. i constantly find myself bumping up the gain in no wind and dropping it a tad in wind to smooth it's bounce, i do it for the footage.....

I've had good luck not bumping the rotary knob on the Futaba, so I will probably leave it hooked up... at least for now.

After sitting here reading all 94 pages until my eyes bled I think I may get into this SuperX thing. I'm coming from MikroKopter on a very weird Hex setup (500mm with 14" APC MR props, running 3" of overlap!). The MK gear flies pretty good but I want something simpler/less expensive when things go wrong. She flies great in "manual" however and I really like the telemetry on the Graupner MX20.
Questions I need from the community at large here:

1. Is the Graupner compatible with the SuperX? I sure don't want to drop another $500+ on a transmitter.
2. If the Graupner is compatible then is there any special things to note about setup?
3. What ESC's are the best? I like the pricepoint of the Afro 30a which would be plenty for my setup.

My setup is:
-CarbonCore H950 frame (cut down) modified in a "special" way to allow fitment of up to 16" props
-MK stack with MK ESC ring
-4S 6500mah (single or double)
-DIY Retracts
-RCX Hobby 2814 700kv (RCX is really good quality and dirt cheap)
-MX20 with GR24 receiver

I have a BMPCC and a Gopro black 3+ and I'm looking at XproHeli gimbals to suit. I have the battery tray and future gimbal set up on 12mm rails underslung. My goal is short range FPV filming and aerial photo. I've been jacking with MK for years now and I really want to upgrade to a better system that is more professional looking. Thank you in advance!

Electro 2

1. Is the Graupner compatible with the SuperX? I sure don't want to drop another $500+ on a transmitter.
2. If the Graupner is compatible then is there any special things to note about setup?
3. What ESC's are the best? I like the pricepoint of the Afro 30a which would be plenty for my setup.

1.) Can't imagine it wouldn't be. Any radio that outputs a PWM stream on a per-channel basis would work. Last time I looked, the Graupner radios were made by JR/Spektrum and shared the same PW ranges and centers.

2.) No, there wouldn't be. A PWM command is is a PWM command, doesn't matter where it came from. I have a Futaba in one SX equipped aircraft and a Spektrum in the other, no issues, both work faultlessly.

3.) You'll get a hundred different answers on this, like chocolate vs. vanilla ice cream. I use Turnigy "Plush", same as the Hobbywing units as they're made by Hobbywing. Even say "HWI" on the circuit cards.

Sweet. I'm drawing up a new quad frame in Rhino. I'll pull the trigger on the SuperX. Incidentally I have a full MK 2.2 stack to offload, flies great and looks new. Will put it up on the classifieds today.

kloner

Aerial DP
Best i can tell from everything i'm looking at either a bearing went or an esc shuttoff mid flight. shows #2 going full throttle, well the video shows the nose fall..... Kinda surprised it wouldn't go into more of a yaw issue and just drop the nose,,,, but yea.... sob, she went in really hard..... at 30lbs

i had been flying over the bay all up till this, kinda wish it just went in the water..... coulda walked away and made like it never happened. Some old guy came walking out of somewhere shaking his head watching me do the clean up of shame @ 4:30 am on a sunday.... camera blew apart, lens flew off a few hundred feet..... what a mess

ah well, the love of the sport can't dampen my drive, NEXT

Last edited by a moderator:

tombrown1

Really sorry to hear this Kloner. It seems like she should be able to still fly down one motor or esc, right? I know dji stuff does. Anybody know if super flies on 5 props?