XAircraft SuperX

Stacky

sounds like the best answer to this is to keep a lipo plugged in at all times once you have gyros initialized on land. maybe a 1000 mah 3s to be safe. Then just swap it after plugging in a full size cell on the 2nd batt cable. Assuming you have 2 lipos powering your heli, otherwise this would require soldering a lead specifically for this. but I can see if it was waterproof this could be a real PITA.

Hasnt anyone tried reversing all this fancy gimbal equipment and making a stabilized landing/take-off platform?

Yeah having a multi that is always armed isnt a very safe thing to have, I would need something to keep the throttle on my radio safely locked to the minimum spot.

The SuperX is not available without a GPS and it will work just fine launching off of a boat. Motors can be armed at any time. It will work fine without the GPS enabled, but if you want to use it with the GPS on flying in ATT mode does not use the GPS or Compass, just auto level compensation.

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
Drew, have you actually tried this? It's rare for a FC to initialize on an unstable platform.

Stacky, that's why I brought up using a smaller lipo like a 1000mah 2-3s, not enough to do damage but enough to keep it powered up. plus what controller are you using that just powers up without a stick sequence to arm the motors?

Stacky

Drew, have you actually tried this? It's rare for a FC to initialize on an unstable platform.

Stacky, that's why I brought up using a smaller lipo like a 1000mah 2-3s, not enough to do damage but enough to keep it powered up. plus what controller are you using that just powers up without a stick sequence to arm the motors?

Yuri, nice idea, I didnt read what you wrote properly, a 2 cell would do the job nicely and be relatively safe

Yes, I have launched off of a boat multiple times with no issues. Just to be sure, I just took mine outside and had a friend violently shake it while I powered on and the motors armed just fine. It was even compensating for the movement without a problem. You will not have any issues ever getting the motors to arm on an uneven surface. The SuperX is calibrated at the factory so it doesn't care how it is sitting when it launches, it will compensate and get off of the ground just fine. Just punch the throttle and it will take right off. I have found the best way to launch off of a boat (when you have a friend) is to have them hold the skids while you do your run up and lift off. It works like a charm.

Emowillcox

Brave friend you have Drew :frog::livid::nevreness:
I have a super x and its Awsome very easy to set up and I got the best customer service from Drew. He was quick and super helpful to get back to me

Brave friend you have Drew :frog::livid::nevreness:
I have a super x and its Awsome very easy to set up and I got the best customer service from Drew. He was quick and super helpful to get back to me

Nah, he's got the safest spot on the boat. Holding above your head with a firm grip gives you full control over where to release and let's you do a proper run up. Just like when I fly a real plane, I like to do a run up prior to taking off (especially over water) to make sure everything is kosher.

vispaaja

Good evening

Received our SuperX's today and I must say I'm very impressed! Immediately installed one on a small quad. The components have a quality feel to them. Being so sick of DJI cr*p, I plan to get rid of my Naza as soon as possible. The setup was super easy. Only thing that was a bit unclear was that there didn't seem to be an option for RTH speed, even though FW 1.07 should have this?

Anyways we did two test flights. It was quite windy but the heli felt really good. Maybe a bit wobbly in gusts but didn't use SimonK ESC's so this should improve a lot. Also the motors were quite worn. Manual mode was very flyable and it was possible to change to atti and back without much hassle (not always easy with Naza). GPS lock was stable and altitude hold was impressive. We are going to test RTH tomorrow. Today we tested hovering safe mode and it performed as expected. The black box function is useful.

We're going to use these on flat hexas and X8's if they continue to work as well as today. I currently have a YS-X6 in my X8 but it's gonna have to retire too, like Naza.. :)

A few pics

superx_2000px-5933.jpg

Romantic evening with SuperX :)

superx_2000px-5934.jpg

superx_2000px-5941.jpg

superx_2000px-5949.jpg

superx_2000px-5951.jpg

superx_2000px-5963.jpg

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Super neat! and compact, yes I also query the RTH speed, I have 1.07 but not control how fast it comes back, just how!

David

Zirt57

One of the things I liked when I was testing the old AHRS-P system (the precursor to the SupetX) was it had an option to set the speed for RTH. Ah, we can dream.

Jeff

Posted using Tapatalk

rwilabee

Not sure why you would want to be able to do that?

One of the things I liked when I was testing the old AHRS-P system (the precursor to the SupetX) was it had an option to set the speed for RTH. Ah, we can dream.

Jeff

Posted using Tapatalk

Zirt57

Not sure why you would want to be able to do that?

Because "I" liked being able to set this. It's a personal preference. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to be able to change this. But of course, that's just me.

Jeff

Posted using Tapatalk

rwilabee

It is not that I wouldn't want to be able to change it. I was just wondering what difference it would make if I'm returning to home anyway. In other words what do I gain by that?

Because "I" liked being able to set this. It's a personal preference. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to be able to change this. But of course, that's just me.

Jeff

Posted using Tapatalk

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
It is nice having a little control over height and rate of return. If it returns reliably but an an alarming rate that might not be to some's liking. I would rather everything happened very smoothly just for piece of mind. Does the SuperX have a height of return variable?

vispaaja

I would rather everything happened very smoothly just for piece of mind. Does the SuperX have a height of return variable?

Yes it does. We tried with different heights today. It comes back smoothly and doesn't do any fast moves.

We flew our 70cm X8 today with all factory gains and it was stable, even when descending. Seems to work well with small and also larger helis.

Last edited by a moderator:

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
I was just going off of Drew's own comment about how the RTH is "scary" fast. As long as it ends up around home and doesnt crash or randomly fly back to China, I am happy.

nicwilke

I've RTH autonomously several times just because I can. It's cool, and reliable.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

rwilabee

Return to home is definitely not too slow. In fact the rate of descend fools you. It comes down quick and then slows down before landing. Faster and more accurate than the DJI stuff.

The issue is if the RTH is too slow and it's returning due to low power status, it would be nice to set the rate of return based on your flying habits. :shame:

David