Zenmuse z15n Testing (S800)

jes1111

I didn't read their "take the chance" advertising line as "take the risk" but rather "take the opportunity". Big difference ;-)

The performance is undoubtedly good - but I'm still waiting for a clear and unambiguous explanation as to what the "no zoom lens" issue is all about. If this performance comes at the expense of being restricted to one or two specific lenses then I'd say this is a bust for any true video/stills photographer, i.e. anyone who is seeking a versatile, high-performance camera platform that can tackle any job rather than a hobby flyer with deep pockets but no particular photographic ambitions.

UAVproducts

Formerly DJIUSA
You really had to be jones'n for some flytime to put that thing up in that wind-ZOINKS!!
I'm just utterly amazed and gobsmacked at how good that gimbal is, maybe those DJI guys are on to something, hmmmm:02.47-tranquillity:
oh yeah, the piloting was alright too.

yeah that's right, I used gobsmacked!

Actually, some family and friends wanted to see it fly. One of the family friends works for a large company with military contracts etc. so that was also an incentive.

I don't know, I guess I have flown in so many weather conditions that I'm not to worried about high wind flights. I always fly in GPS mode and really don't fly to far away during these test videos. I also think the 16mm lens makes my flying skill look better. Plus, I wanted the flight over and put it away so I could relax and enjoy the weekend and not be asked about it. So I just fired it up, did a quick flight and then grilled out and had a few drinks. :tennis:

dolby

Needs more bacon!
Robert are you yawing fast or is that that gimbal trying to lock on something?

Did you get my email from last Thursday asking about how to buy one?

~Tom F.

Last edited by a moderator:

javaboy

What batteries u use on S800 and how u mount them?

I also am curious about how you mount batteries on the S800. Also, is there a consensus on what batteries (without regard to cost) have the most power/weight ratio for heavy lifters like this?

DennyR

I doubt that you would see much benefit in choosing high C rated 6s batteries such as those used on 3 D helis. 420 usd for a DJI battery does seem a little steep.

mk-Thor

Hi guys,

we had our first real flight with s800 + wookong + zenmuse + nex5n and the result is stunning amazing.

here the video:

and here you find one of the three flights from above video in full length without cut:

greets
Team Globe Flight

Last edited by a moderator: