Xoar 12x5 wood props

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Hi Nathan,
Yes, sorry I didn't get right back to you. I'll have the props in the mail tomorrow morning and you should have them by the end of the week. I couldn't get them mailed with the rest but I'll make sure they're on their way tomorrow morning. Emo's will go in the mail tomorrow also.

If anyone is interested I over ordered the 12" props and have 5 or 6 sets available. They're $17.75 a set plus shipping and are drilled to 5 mm. I think ovdt and stacky have first dibs if they're interested.

Thanks,
Bart

Bartman,

the props have made their way to Holland.

Gotta love the quality and finish.

Showed them to a friend and he wants them too.When do you expect to accept a new order?

I'm really thankful for the effort you took to get us these props and once again:thank you!

n1ente

Hi Bart,

if u still have 2 pairs of 12" i can take it!
maybe do u have some 13" too?

Please confirm me ASAP if it's possible, so we could managed it
My girlfriend it's leaving europe in 2 days and will stay 2 weeks in San Francisco to his cousin, if she can take it could be terrific :cool:

Thanks
Giorgio

Bartman

@Naterpin and Emowillcox, your props made it to the post office today, sorry they didn't go out with the original shipments.

@n1ente, I'll have to check with ovdt and Stacky since they've already asked. I'll PM them but I only have 4 to 6 sets that I can afford to part with. I'll get back to you and will try to make it quick.

Bart

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Is there a new order round going out at some point ? Not a big fan of the CF Props anymore would like to try them.

Thanks Boris

Emowillcox

Thanks Bart for putting the order together.. i'll keep an eye on the box.

Hey Boris.. wondered what you don't like about the carbon props?

Is there a new order round going out at some point ? Not a big fan of the CF Props anymore would like to try them.

Thanks Boris

Bartman

a quick bit of info for the 12" props, I bought them bored to 5mm and a lot of us have 6mm prop shafts. i'd recommend balancing the props before reaming them. when you go to ream them do it in as many small steps as you can to keep the hole from moving. if you go right to a 6mm drill or reamer the hole will move in the soft wood. i used #7, 5, 3, and 1 drills before putting a 6mm reamer through the hole. also, I couldn't get the prop in a good position in my drill press vise so i held them lightly on the bench and let the prop guide the bit to keep me from running it out of center. i even let the prop up off the table as the bit started to bite into the wood and then just held it lightly as the drill did its job.
the standard CW props seem to be harder to balance than the CCW props, i'm curious to hear others' experiences with that. if it's bad enough i'll bring it up with the supplier.
have fun,
bart

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Emowillcox,

1. The price 56 Euro for a pair x 4 a lot of stosh. From Aerobat they might be cheaper ordered directly but only if i take a whole set 4x2. Including shipping and tax i come to the same price for one or two pair
2. The last couple a had had faults on the leading edge, rough and chips. The prop shafts are all different a little in size, some wobble on the motors mounts of the axis others have to be forced turned screwed on.
3. They are sold as 100% balanced, don't even want to get into that.
4. Once balancing having balanced horizontally and working out the vertical balance i have a bad feeling to work away on the shafts. Most of the time i decide to take away material were i just have the feeling or fear i am creating a week spot.
5. There is a lot of hype it must be carbon and i guess these props are an example.
6. I have no problem to sit down and balance 8 props for a couple hours but not at the price of 56 Euros a pair.

Xoar wood are cheaper just as stiff maybe a little heavier but its worth a try.

Boris

Bartman

you'd be surprised how light the wood props are. maybe someone with a scale can weigh one and post it here.
bart

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
ready to try them, whenever Im in.

@Emowillcox:

I fell similar like this guy about the CFs. Good product but for the price and especially the price you have to pay in the EU, I am just looking for something better or equivalent but cheaper !

Last edited by a moderator:

Mactadpole

a quick bit of info for the 12" props, I bought them bored to 5mm and a lot of us have 6mm prop shafts. i'd recommend balancing the props before reaming them. when you go to ream them do it in as many small steps as you can to keep the hole from moving. if you go right to a 6mm drill or reamer the hole will move in the soft wood. i used #7, 5, 3, and 1 drills before putting a 6mm reamer through the hole. also, I couldn't get the prop in a good position in my drill press vise so i held them lightly on the bench and let the prop guide the bit to keep me from running it out of center. i even let the prop up off the table as the bit started to bite into the wood and then just held it lightly as the drill did its job.
the standard CW props seem to be harder to balance than the CCW props, i'm curious to hear others' experiences with that. if it's bad enough i'll bring it up with the supplier.
have fun,
bart

Thanks for the info Bart. To balance, are you sanding or adding tape? If sanding, which side?

Thanks,

Shawn

Bartman

shawn,
i use spray paint to balance the tips. i give the light blade a few blasts then let it dry and go from there. if i put on too much i lightly sand it off.

Bartman

Hi guys,
THe Xoar props work great. I'm a little puzzled with the last batch, maybe it's just me, but I'm having issues getting the RH rotation ones to balance correctly. Cedric in France sells the larger diameter ones and I'm getting pricing info on a batch of 12x5" 2 blades and something in the range of 11" or 12" 3 blades.
If anyone's interested I'll post pricing info here when I get it. I was told to expect delivery in 6 to 8 weeks since their latest order is already on it's way from China.
Bert

Kilby

I finally got around to balancing mine, but have yet to test them. I'll probably give them a try this weekend.

Bartman

OK,
I'm going to order the PJN series this time. I had been ordering the PJA and PJA-P but Cedric pointed out that the factory is manufacturing the PJN in both rotations so I intend to order those. The three-blade props will be the electric PJI-E. See them all at www.xoarintl.com.
Ovdt, you may be able to get faster and easier service from Cedric as he's just down the road in France (www.1001copters.com).
Thanks,
Bart