XAircraft XAircraft X650 tuners of the world, UNITE!

Hi Jeffrey,
Speaking about gps, could you explain me this?
I see on wiki pages references to "position hold" and "Altitude hold".
Does the gps has these two functions? or is it a different way of adressing the same thing?
Thanks

GPS-S is NOW Automatic !! When you release gimble for flight (Position Hold will engage while in ATT mode). Same with throttle !!! Get machine into approximated hover. In a couple seconds Altitude Hold will take over. Return home is on the 3 way switch with , Nor, att and RTH ... To use 2 way switch and eliminate NOR mode. it is simple leave "att and RTH" on this switch, 2 way. On the lower Travel of this Channel make lower travel ZERO "0", then it will activate only "ATT and RTH". Hope this helps. Use alot more afforable radio combinations with less switches and knobs .... Jeffery

P1010911.jpg

Fab

Modified legs on the x650 V8

Hi, I had an interesting chat with Adnan, who runs the fpvhobby.com in Istanbul/Turkey about an modified x650 V8 with longer legs between two motors. Normally the lenght is 55 cm between 2 motors. A friend of him added longer legs on it, so the new lenght is 70 cm. He is able to lift off a Canon 550D and he said it's much more stabil to fly. I want to put this issue into discussion. He send me that picture to illustrate it. What you think about? cheers Fabrizio

Attachments

• UPGRADEX650V8-1.jpg
    UPGRADEX650V8-1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 359

viawave77

Hello my friends!!! I am a Blade 450 pilot from Peru

I done my build of a X650 V4 value class, I configured as its says in the manual with the latest upgrades, but in the test flight , I had a slow uncontrolled left yaw, that does not allow me to hover, the strange thing is that I get my left stick to yaw to the left turns faster to a left yaw and when I put the stick to a yaw to the right, continue the yaw to the left and with the stick all the way to the right bearly stop yaw to the left, I contact with xaircraft and they say that the motors are in diferent plane, so they tell me to adjust all the bases of every arm, so I did it , I adjust the upper and lower srew of each arms to the center plate, but the results in flight test, the same, could it be a bad Tx configuration? I had a Spektrum dx8i.

Salute to this excelent forum, I am feeling not alone anymore.​

Hello my friends!!! I am a Blade 450 pilot from Peru

I done my build of a X650 V4 value class, I configured as its says in the manual with the latest upgrades, but in the test flight , I had a slow uncontrolled left yaw, that does not allow me to hover, the strange thing is that I get my left stick to yaw to the left turns faster to a left yaw and when I put the stick to a yaw to the right, continue the yaw to the left and with the stick all the way to the right bearly stop yaw to the left, I contact with xaircraft and they say that the motors are in diferent plane, so they tell me to adjust all the bases of every arm, so I did it , I adjust the upper and lower srew of each arms to the center plate, but the results in flight test, the same, could it be a bad Tx configuration? I had a Spektrum dx8i.

Salute to this excelent forum, I am feeling not alone anymore.​

Confirm that your Tx model has no trims, subtrims, full 100% signal range, no dual rate, no expo. On my DX7 there is a menu item that will show you a graph of all channels, I'm sure yours has it too.

Then go into the XAircraft Center and calibrate your radio.

Look at the model from the side, make sure that every arm is horizontal, and that all motors point straight up and down, no tilt at all.

Helijib

Hi guys,
I'm wih Fabrizio...
I have a 650 quad that I think these machines would be much more stable if they had longer arms.
I was even thinking abit longer than he suggested.
Has anyone out there tried putting longer booms on their machine? If so, how did it work?
Thanks for your time with this!

viawave77

Sir, I build an octo

Sir, I build an octo with kk frame, as twice of original X650 arm length, it fly pretty smooth, but then have a FC problem, I never figuered it out why, I have some research and get to conlusion that the solid gyroscope gets inestable with temperature change, so I give up, and change to Naza FC this is my crash... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APO6sVft-HA, now my x650 is build it for practice aircraft, but my realy professional aerophoto aircraft is using with NAZA, I am very happy, rock solid stabilization, in the future will change to wookong.

Helijib

Yikes that's what happens if you go with longer arms? That was a wicked crash!
I went with the X650 frame and Naza FC. I'm now trying to figure if the longer arms would help?
I feel the longer arms would really help if all set up right in the Naza setup assistant.
Thanks

viawave77

Sure that not

Sir, what I mean was that the my xaircraft FC, had fail, and seems that I am not the only one that had this problem, I used the same KK arms, but now with Hexa configuration and with Naza, very smooth, I like it so much, I just put the naza from the box with out configuration. This is a short video because I upload it for a tracking example, I will upload a larger vid.
Cheers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvtvQWyEWgE

B

Biggerhammer

so i tried bottom motors and they are fine rudder is perfect

upper motors work perfectly as well

what can this be..
I'm new so this may be too obvious an answer but check your props? If one prop is reversed, it might explain why you're getting flippiness.

Batfire

QUAD HACKER
Hi chris11414

Just cruising down the thread and see you asking about placement of GPS which is why from your pictures your not getting reception and locking. Please see my picture attached of my quad. Notice where the gps is. I get 224-240 pacc at that location with lock in seconds on 5 sats and 9 sats within 30 seconds. Hope that helps. I have a folder I email out with lots of info on your FC1212-S system if you would like a copy.View attachment 4512View attachment 4513

Attachments

• QUADCOPTER 005.jpg
    QUADCOPTER 005.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 354
  • QUADCOPTER 003.jpg
    QUADCOPTER 003.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 317

boxhead

I printed your (batfife) RCG blog is that the whole folder? I'm rebuilding my x650, looking at making my own wires FC to rx, getting a ubec for cam gimble, resoldering motor esc plugs, any thoughts on just using 2 wires for FC to rx?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikevideo

Hi chris, reading your post I realized that have simmilar issues. I have a hexa with complete FC1212P, AHRS V2, autopilot, compass, and GPS. Also have radio JR 10 ch.I´m still reading the manual and setup, also read many info from Xaircraft wiki and in others forums. I think the info is not in the same place, I found new tricks or many data about how to adjust AHRS, or compass, etc. So I ask to the xaircraft users and you, there is a complete setup manual, step by step, in text or video? or maybe we can make one with the colaboration of all xaircraft users?

Batfire

QUAD HACKER
Hi chris, reading your post I realized that have simmilar issues. I have a hexa with complete FC1212P, AHRS V2, autopilot, compass, and GPS. Also have radio JR 10 ch.I´m still reading the manual and setup, also read many info from Xaircraft wiki and in others forums. I think the info is not in the same place, I found new tricks or many data about how to adjust AHRS, or compass, etc. So I ask to the xaircraft users and you, there is a complete setup manual, step by step, in text or video? or maybe we can make one with the colaboration of all xaircraft users?

Hi Mikevideo, check out my blog on RCG i try to cover all aspects of XA equipment and how to set up along with all my testing data. Hope it helps.