XAircraft XAircraft X650 Pro - Owners

McAND

But the xaircraft osd shows only the voltage, is not more useful to obtain the pergentage? Example IF I'm at 600 meters, is important to know IF the battery is at 50 60% for understand the time to return back. Other osd like Ezuhf aren't in percentage?
Super x work only with own Osd?

But the xaircraft osd shows only the voltage....?

Voltage is what you want from everyone I talked to. With your battery pack type, you know right where to set the low point. The XAircraft OSD shows voltage, has a low battery alarm, and plenty of other info.

Don't know about the 3rd party compatibility with SX.

~T.J.

Aerovideo

The problem with only showing the voltage is that it changes depending on the load on the battery. I much prefer mah used but the xaircraft osd doesn't have a current sensor to measure that. I also like to have RSSI so I know my radio control signal strength. Unfortunately, another feature not available on the Xaircraft osd :(

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
The problem with only showing the voltage is that it changes depending on the load on the battery. I much prefer mah used but the xaircraft osd doesn't have a current sensor to measure that. I also like to have RSSI so I know my radio control signal strength. Unfortunately, another feature not available on the Xaircraft osd :(

But isn't either way simply an indication?, like a petrol gauge in a car! I have yet to find a RC device that gives an accurate read out compared to a good voltage meter! but if needed there are 3rd party monitors that will do the job, as an example RSSI is a strength of signal between RX and TX, hardly a function of the OSD, however, my FrSky Taranis not only displays the RSSI but also speaks it at designated times :tennis: as it does both cell voltage, current and remaining mah.

David

McAND

Ok understand :dejection:

today I crash X650pro in final approach, was all ok but suddendly at 4 meters it did a loop and ruined to the ground, some damage.... I'm very scared about this strange fact, battery was not low enough, (the lipo allarm was ok) here the black box report at 9:25 minutes is happen the crash,I don't understand why::upset:
http://log.xaircraft.com/#2014_02_08_063401.500_190.1.09.28

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Ok understand :dejection:

today I crash X650pro in final approach, was all ok but suddendly at 4 meters it did a loop and ruined to the ground, some damage.... I'm very scared about this strange fact, battery was not low enough, (the lipo allarm was ok) here the black box report at 9:25 minutes is happen the crash,I don't understand why::upset:

Your gains seem very high at 76%, your motor thrusts are way off! M4 is at 75% whilst M3 is at 40% your vehicle is trying to go in many directions at once.

Why did it fall out of the sky? I don't know but you battery dipped in power supply twice, this is not normal and you may have a faulty cell which at a low power tripped a failure in the FC as you were travelling very close to the low power state 14.4 volts for some time, what do you have you battery alarm set to?

David

It seems one thing I have not seen mentioned very much, but is very important to anything that flys........

CG (Center of Gravity)!

In the case of CG, your battery is your best friend! I started marking my battery position to make sure the X650 CG is proper. With gimbal, GPS/Compas, Video Trans, etc, it is very easy to get your copter fighting to keep level flight by offsetting motor speed / thrust.

Anyone else doing this as well? I'll bet David does, right? :)

~T.J.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
It seems one thing I have not seen mentioned very much, but is very important to anything that flys........

CG (Center of Gravity)!

In the case of CG, your battery is your best friend! I started marking my battery position to make sure the X650 CG is proper. With gimbal, GPS/Compas, Video Trans, etc, it is very easy to get your copter fighting to keep level flight by offsetting motor speed / thrust.

Anyone else doing this as well? I'll bet David does, right? :)

~T.J.

Yep! I have a small piece of dowel that I place under the landing struts at the centre of the vehicle and directly under the FC, and slide the battery in the holder until it balances. :tennis:

Having said that smartly! this morning I crashed the first in many many weeks, broke the gimbals, and one arm which I am about to replace, it happened at the beach which was good and bad, soft sand prevented much more damage, but sand in everything had to be blown out with compressed air from motors etc.

Why the crash...... smarty pants here put the mode into manual when he thought it was going into Attitude mode, so no matter how clever you think you are you can always be brought down to the level of reality! :dejection:

David

Dhardjono

ok understand :dejection:

Today i crash x650pro in final approach, was all ok but suddendly at 4 meters it did a loop and ruined to the ground, some damage.... I'm very scared about this strange fact, battery was not low enough, (the lipo allarm was ok) here the black box report at 9:25 minutes is happen the crash,i don't understand why::upset:

mcand- can you show us the video i like to compare to my crash

Yep! I have a small piece of dowel that I place under the landing struts at the centre of the vehicle and directly under the FC, and slide the battery in the holder until it balances. :tennis:

Having said that smartly! this morning I crashed the first in many many weeks, broke the gimbals, and one arm which I am about to replace, it happened at the beach which was good and bad, soft sand prevented much more damage, but sand in everything had to be blown out with compressed air from motors etc.

Why the crash...... smarty pants here put the mode into manual when he thought it was going into Attitude mode, so no matter how clever you think you are you can always be brought down to the level of reality! :dejection:

David

David, gotta love that manual mode switch! I can't wait until I flip that bad boy on intentionally to do some aerobatics (without a gimbal of course, but a fixed camera).

Sand had to suck on the motors! :(

By the way, I found switching out the arms are pretty easy by loosening the two closest screws on the frame separators and the pivot screw, top and bottom. At first I freaked thinking I would have to take a frame plate apart until I did this, but I am sure you have already replaced arms before.

Keep the props up and the gear down! :)

~T.J.

Aerovideo

But isn't either way simply an indication?, like a petrol gauge in a car! I have yet to find a RC device that gives an accurate read out compared to a good voltage meter! but if needed there are 3rd party monitors that will do the job, as an example RSSI is a strength of signal between RX and TX, hardly a function of the OSD, however, my FrSky Taranis not only displays the RSSI but also speaks it at designated times :tennis: as it does both cell voltage, current and remaining mah.

David

Actually I've found from personal crash experience that the EZOSD current sensor is VERY accurate. When it said I was out, I was out! mAh used is a way better display than simply voltage, although you do have to pay attention to it which I didn't in this particular instance.

I do like the RSSI "Speak" feature on new radios like the Taranis and the Dx9. Although I fly with UHF so I can go a lot further than 2.4 so I need an OSD RSSI.

I would be curious to know how well the Speak feature works, would it give you enough of a warning to turn around before you got out of range? Since 2.4GHz is kind of on or off so to speak as it's digital I wonder how much warning you might get. Although I guess packet loss could be reported.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
David, gotta love that manual mode switch! I can't wait until I flip that bad boy on intentionally to do some aerobatics (without a gimbal of course, but a fixed camera).

By the way, I found switching out the arms are pretty easy by loosening the two closest screws on the frame separators and the pivot screw, top and bottom. At first I freaked thinking I would have to take a frame plate apart until I did this, but I am sure you have already replaced arms before.

~T.J.

Thanks M8 all back together, lost my FPV TX though! gets super hot and refuses to work, obviously a short somewhere, this is only the second arm I have replaced, like to think it's the last! I wish I only had 4+ screws to undo, not the X650, the bottom rails foul the underneath screw for the arm so they have to be moved, then the spacers that hold the arms, the longer has to be pivoted so the arm can be removed, anyway finished, Gimbals took a hit also and broke a carbon fibre arm, emailed the supplier to hopefully get a new pair in the meantime super glue and a toothpick as a brace seems to work.

This is a fun hobby, never a dull moment! I could have flown it manual but it was far away heading for the ocean and I just wanted to bring it into the beach which it would have done had it been in Attitude mode like I thought, but when I applied left stick with no thrust compensation she hit the deck. Live and learn I HOPE

David

Dhardjono

Thanks M8 all back together, lost my FPV TX though! gets super hot and refuses to work, obviously a short somewhere, this is only the second arm I have replaced, like to think it's the last! I wish I only had 4+ screws to undo, not the X650, the bottom rails foul the underneath screw for the arm so they have to be moved, then the spacers that hold the arms, the longer has to be pivoted so the arm can be removed, anyway finished, Gimbals took a hit also and broke a carbon fibre arm, emailed the supplier to hopefully get a new pair in the meantime super glue and a toothpick as a brace seems to work.

This is a fun hobby, never a dull moment! I could have flown it manual but it was far away heading for the ocean and I just wanted to bring it into the beach which it would have done had it been in Attitude mode like I thought, but when I applied left stick with no thrust compensation she hit the deck. Live and learn I HOPE

David
Sorry to here that Dave it suck when you have to reconstruct after you balance prop level arm and so on. I had another crash at that same place sing 4s battery all 3 crash is on week day i am thinking the police jam my signal since it close to the bridge i went last Sunday i had no problem weekend. Yesterday i fly in long island different spot but i have no landing gear in my stock inventory need to wait for shipment it look good the copter with out landing gear.
I may gt shorter landing gear so i can go into the woods and fly low. Here the crash on Thursday that first video was yesterday at 3:50 you see a twicth than flip over like all 3 same type crash no damage i was surprise at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Av8Chuck

Sorry to here that Dave it suck when you have to reconstruct after you balance prop level arm and so on. I had another crash at that same place sing 4s battery all 3 crash is on week day i am thinking the police jam my signal since it close to the bridge i went last Sunday i had no problem weekend. Yesterday i fly in long island different spot but i have no landing gear in my stock inventory need to wait for shipment it look good the copter with out landing gear. I may gt shorter landing gear so i can go into the woods and fly low. Here the crash on Thursday that first video was yesterday at 3:50 you see a twicth than flip over like all 3 same type crash no damage i was surprise at all.

With the exception of your crashes you certainly have this well dialed in for AP. Some really nice shots and flying.

It would be nice to get the the bottom of what's causing your crashes.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Sorry to here that Dave it suck when you have to reconstruct after you balance prop level arm and so on. I had another crash at that same place sing 4s battery all 3 crash is on week day i am thinking the police jam my signal since it close to the bridge i went last Sunday i had no problem weekend. Yesterday i fly in long island different spot but i have no landing gear in my stock inventory need to wait for shipment it look good the copter with out landing gear.
I may gt shorter landing gear so i can go into the woods and fly low. Here the crash on Thursday that first video was yesterday at 3:50 you see a twicth than flip over like all 3 same type crash no damage i was surprise at all.

Daniel, Aside from running into things have you considered the cold weather affecting the Lipo's, the distributor here in Oz sent a couple of vehicles to Antarctica with an expedition and they had all sort of problems with 'Lipo cold' as I like to call it, but yes maybe jamming!

David

McAND

Your gains seem very high at 76%, your motor thrusts are way off! M4 is at 75% whilst M3 is at 40% your vehicle is trying to go in many directions at once.
Why did it fall out of the sky? I don't know but you battery dipped in power supply twice, this is not normal and you may have a faulty cell which at a low power tripped a failure in the FC as you were travelling very close to the low power state 14.4 volts for some time, what do you have you battery alarm set to? David

Thank You, I don't know exactly happen I saw x650 flip in front and go down ...
I set Osd alarm at 14,4 volts, but the lipo buzzer didn't sound...

The battery is 5,8mah 20c New! and I done a fast flight with no problem.. I'm worried to fly now :)
Dhardjono the Gopro was on, but after the strike on the ground TURN OFF without record nothing!! is that Normal ??
:((( was a good movie need to re make it.. Fortunally the gopro haves no damage..

video first of crash http://youtu.be/H4gnVxtRsss

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners

~T.J.

I Went for a test flight this morning to make sure the repairs were okay and it seems better than before! maybe super glue and toothpicks are the way to go with gimbals :) as position hold and stability are my quests I'm reasonably happy with this mornings video, tomorrow may be another story :dejection:

David

Zirt57

I Went for a test flight this morning to make sure the repairs were okay and it seems better than before! maybe super glue and toothpicks are the way to go with gimbals :) as position hold and stability are my quests I'm reasonably happy with this mornings video, tomorrow may be another story :dejection:

David

Now that is good. I had to check to see of YouTube had stopped streaming at one point is was so solid. Seriously, it was like a picture until a car drove by. Speaking of cars, only problem I saw was the video must be reversed. Or else everyone is driving on the wrong side of the road. :highly_amused:

Jeff

Dhardjono

Daniel, Aside from running into things have you considered the cold weather affecting the Lipo's, the distributor here in Oz sent a couple of vehicles to Antarctica with an expedition and they had all sort of problems with 'Lipo cold' as I like to call it, but yes maybe jamming!

David

no David cause i fly almost every day cold or warm i am addicted like today it was cold i got full 12 min on 5200 amh battery did 4 battery flying, Now that jamming thing did not happen today i was in 2 different location and nothing at all i went higH low fast nothing to glicth crash. Only that place FERRY POINT. Also i use 600amh tx fpv so maybe it interfering with there security camera but tomorrow snow so no fly but Tuesday i will fly in another place just to confirm if is jamming or was it from go pro and osd BEC polarize reverse. I give a shout out to GOPRO they gave me 40 percent of and free mounting of my choice i told them what happen and warranty was over but they kind giving me that'S love gopro :tennis: