XAircraft XAircraft X650 Pro - Owners

CrashMaster

The thing I don't understand about XA is that most companies would push their flagship to the front and the lesser machines below. XA do the exact opposite. Maybe their marketing people just want to sell volume products and the best has to be dug for. From a business perspective may maximise profits but not profile..
Glad you found the flagship and hopefully will get hours of uneventful flight. That is tale off fly around land and do it again and again with no FM moments... good luck.

gxpllc

HI All
I am new to RC and need some help. I have had problems setting up my TX (Senior Moment).
Now using an EEPE file I got from friend that works. But some settings don't. That is why I would
like to find a file that someone is using on their Hex. Maybe they will share the file with me.
If it works for them it will for me as well with the equipment as I have.
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Johnny Moritz Spring, Texas
photo@gxpllc.com

I have a: Tarot 680 Hex Pro
Fysky Taranis x9d TX and a X8R Receiver
APM 2.6 with uBlox GPS with Compass
MODE 2 USA
Configed like this on the APM and Receiver
CH1 Thr
CH2 Ail
CH3 Ele
CH4 Rud
CH5
Ch6
CH7
Ch8
I would like to have an EEPE file I can FLY (with Sounds)
Modes RTL
Alt Hold
Stabilize
Land
Loiter

And Maybe Auto
Acro
Circle
Sport

CrashMaster

Not wishing to be negative but it think you are a little off topic posting here. This forum is specifically for questions and assistance to XAiexraft X650 Pro owners.

Search the forum for the Tarot setup or APM and post your questions there.

wbrownj

Hi all, firstly please forgive what might appear an 'ignorant' question... I have been out of quads for a while now and am looking to get back again. I have an x650 Pro with superX and my question is as follows... Does anyone know if XA are still actively developing the superX firmware ? It appears the last upgrade was almost a year ago which seems a long time ago. There were rumours of waypoint support and an iPad app... Did anything come of this or has the SuperX just reached a plateau from which it will go no further?
My sincere thanks for your kind help

J

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Hi all, firstly please forgive what might appear an 'ignorant' question... I have been out of quads for a while now and am looking to get back again. I have an x650 Pro with superX and my question is as follows... Does anyone know if XA are still actively developing the superX firmware ? It appears the last upgrade was almost a year ago which seems a long time ago. There were rumours of waypoint support and an iPad app... Did anything come of this or has the SuperX just reached a plateau from which it will go no further?
My sincere thanks for your kind help

J

A new product has just been released called MiniX check this thread or dealers for price and details.

SuperX is still current and regarded as the Pro FC, what upgrades do you think SX needs? it works exactly as advertised

X

dstul

My bad I should have said flights not hours as the BB records all flight as I'm sure you know, hours would however be about 200.

As I have to drive to my flight field I make it worth my while! normally 3 x 6000mah batteries each giving me 20 to 25 minutes flight time, often I do some videoing for the model club flying planes or driving RC cars on top of my normal mucking around :nevreness: so yes very happy with my X650 never had a problem with the motors or the T-Motor CF props, thankfully given the price of those.

X
David

Please tell me how heavy is your rig and what kind of batteries you use. Also until what voltage per cell you usally discharge your batteries. Because with my Turnigi 5800 mAh 25C and 12x4 T-motor props I am getting less than 10 mins of flight to 3.7V per cell. Thanx!

Dimitris

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
David

Please tell me how heavy is your rig and what kind of batteries you use. Also until what voltage per cell you usally discharge your batteries. Because with my Turnigi 5800 mAh 25C and 12x4 T-motor props I am getting less than 10 mins of flight to 3.7V per cell. Thanx!

Dimitris

2.7kg fully laden with 3 axis gimble and gopro black, 6200mah 4S CHL manf. discharge to 3.7 lowest cell (14.4 total) 10 to 15 minutes, without gimble and camera 20 to 25 minutes

X

Racerx1962

A new product has just been released called MiniX check this thread or dealers for price and details.

SuperX is still current and regarded as the Pro FC, what upgrades do you think SX needs? it works exactly as advertised

X
Waypoints, point of interest, Ipad integration...

dstul

See miniX
X
With all the respect, the fact that MiniX may offer waypoints is not a reason for not intergrating this facility to its big brother. And this is quite strange because MiniX is declared a "consumer" product by the manufacturer. At the end I am sure that Xaircraft has the technology already. The big question is why they don't sell it.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
With all the respect, the fact that MiniX may offer waypoints is not a reason for not intergrating this facility to its big brother. And this is quite strange because MiniX is declared a "consumer" product by the manufacturer. At the end I am sure that Xaircraft has the technology already. The big question is why they don't sell it.

Not that simple, firstly SuperX is regarded as pro user and nearly all government agencies in the world, responsible for air safety and policing use, are moving to LOS flight only, no FPV and commercial licencing for use this will preclude uncontrolled flight using way points.

Further SuperX does exactly what it was advertised to do when you purchased it are you saying that you expect that HD TV you bought to now be UHD by a firmware upgrade?

X

Racerx1962

I love the SX... so much that I own 3; and I just ordered the mini. Waypoints, imho, are a pro feature and I'd be willing to pay for the upgrade. Given that DJI and 3DR offer waypoints on their premier FCs, you would think that XA would... And I believe they will eventually.

Zirt57

Actually, the promise of downlink/groundstation was the reason I have 3 SuperX units. Why would I buy a hobby level unit (MiniX) to get this. XA has been demonstrating downlink with the SuperX from before the it's release (want to see the videos, I have all of them). Unless/until XAircraft releases a downlink/groundstation for their "professional" unit, I won't be spending a dime on their "hobby" unit. And I'm a XA fan.

Jeff

I completely agree, Jeff.

It was promised, I bought a few of them since they are the best.

So they build a Ferrari with a VW engine, and then build a VW with a Ferrari engine?

Come on XA.....deliver on your promise!

~T.J.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I completely agree, Jeff.

It was promised, I bought a few of them since they are the best.

So they build a Ferrari with a VW engine, and then build a VW with a Ferrari engine?

Come on XA.....deliver on your promise!

~T.J.

I must have missed it! where did they promise that? a video did show an experimental ground station using an iPad (IOS) but this caused conflict with other equipment and was dropped for the MiniX method. One reason professional videographers won't use something like way-points is the limited range for TX/RX and unreliability of signal beyond a 100 meters.

It's like going back to the Parrot drone days!

X

Racerx1962

X, I don't know if they promised it or not, it's just the feature of autonomous flight is included in other premium FCs, and including it in the SX would appeal to those who could use it. For instance, I do crop surveys for farmers; the pixhawk allows me to precisely navigate the property parameters with the touch of a button. If the SX had waypoints, I wouldn't have the need for other FCs. As for range, I get a LOT more reliable range than 100 meters with my Taranis.

Zirt57

I must have missed it! where did they promise that? a video did show an experimental ground station using an iPad (IOS) but this caused conflict with other equipment and was dropped for the MiniX method. One reason professional videographers won't use something like way-points is the limited range for TX/RX and unreliability of signal beyond a 100 meters.

It's like going back to the Parrot drone days!

X

Just out of curiosity, what do you think the extra ports are for, on your I/O box? (BTW, that's a rhetorical question. I know what they were intended for.)

Jeff

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Just out of curiosity, what do you think the extra ports are for, on your I/O box? (BTW, that's a rhetorical question. I know what they were intended for.)

Jeff

Well lets see! I guess a good engineer would allow room for attachments, maybe for a ground station.... oh! yes they trialled that maybe something else in the future. at present 3 ports accommodate FC, GPS and in my case OSD so no spare ports.

Bottom line is they didn't promise anything and as your mates with XA you should know that Jeff.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 246
Last edited by a moderator:

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
X, I don't know if they promised it or not, it's just the feature of autonomous flight is included in other premium FCs, and including it in the SX would appeal to those who could use it. For instance, I do crop surveys for farmers; the pixhawk allows me to precisely navigate the property parameters with the touch of a button. If the SX had waypoints, I wouldn't have the need for other FCs. As for range, I get a LOT more reliable range than 100 meters with my Taranis.

I don't think you are feeling the mood of the authorities, autonomous flight is about to be banned

X