XAircraft XAircraft X650 Pro - Owners

dstul

e5aquneg.jpg

The absolute leveler... LOL!
It works by the way...

dstul

Can you share with me the the SuperX gain values that you use to fly the X650Pro. Today I flew first time with Gopro and Stella gimbal but I was quit disappointed by the vibration. Although my props are not 100% balanced I believe that the type of vibration on the cam is rather gains related then props related.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Can you share with me the the SuperX gain values that you use to fly the X650Pro. Today I flew first time with Gopro and Stella gimbal but I was quit disappointed by the vibration. Although my props are not 100% balanced I believe that the type of vibration on the cam is rather gains related then props related.

All my gains are at default 1.0 all aspects, the vehicle itself is light and therefore susceptible to any external forces such as wind, motors and props, you need to use the Black Box to get your vibrations down below 0.5 for good video.

Props need to be balanced and motors need to be leveled then fly in a day where your winds are less than 5 knots and hover to visualize vibration, adjusting the gains will not do much for you.

The biggest improvement I found was putting on 12 x 4 T-Motor props but they are extremely expensive.

X

Last edited by a moderator:

wbrownj

Hi All,

A bit of a newbie question this but I'm not proud so I'll ask it anyways :frog:

Is it ok to use Tx (DX8) trims to level things out? I have a slight drift and it could easily be compensated for by using a bit of trim but I have read somewhere (I think in regard to helis) that it is best NOT to use trim. What is the position with regard to quads? Can we?

Thanks as ever for your support

J

Oh and another thing, do you ever lubricate your motors. I have not to date but wonder if there is benefit in doing so. Thanks

dstul

All my gains are at default 1.0 all aspects, the vehicle itself is light and therefore susceptible to any external forces such as wind, motors and props, you need to use the Black Box to get your vibrations down below 0.5 for good video.

Props need to be balanced and motors need to be leveled then fly in a day where your winds are less than 5 knots and hover to visualize vibration, adjusting the gains will not do much for you.

The biggest improvement I found was putting on 12 x 4 T-Motor props but they are extremely expensive.

X
I finally managed to take the vibration just below 0.5 during hover. I am amazed by the fact that slightly unbalanced props give that much vibration. The major work was done on the prop hub.
T-motor props are on the plan but later. Need to learn first and recover moneywise lol.
For now I have to challenge myself a bit with flight.

karri3nen

And... :black_eyed: when I havent seen info about xaircraft 30A esc settings.... is this power cut :) ?
Brains are really SUPER! (X). at the end of flight, I tested speed propably with empty battery in atti mode with new 11 inc t-props :).... look whaaat happens and it just handles it.
Have to mod really Stella for speed, if this was just esc power cut...?
Will test with fresh lipo and send log here later. Wish me a luck.
We need to film some speedy flying.. that´s the reason.. but in "normal" flying, no ANY regrets to take T-props :)!

synrg

Close call and nice recovery! Glad she stayed in the air long enough for you to land. Sudden Voltage drop?

dstul

It seems that one of my esc' s lost sync. The motor does not arm when it is plugged on the controller. I plugged the esc directly on the receiver and it is not functioning either. Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this....? I am very frustrated with the xaircraft esc's. I was expecting them to be much more reliable. Happily it didn' t happen during a flight.

CrashMaster

I have Xaircraft ESCS 30A and have over 70 hrs flight time on them without a glitch. It may just be you have a dodgy one or you have been sold the 20A ones which may not be up to the job on a 650 Pro with the larger motors.

Maddblade

Hey Gang,
I'm new to the forum and would like to say hi. I've been a loyal DJI fan for the past two years and now have made the leap of faith joining the likes of the X Aircraft Clan! I'm currently building an X650 pro, my question is regarding the power connections. Are people using JST connectors to power the the ESC's or soldering the connections to eliminate weak points in the connections (I'm thinking of using a power distribution board but not sure where I'd put it). Also, i believe that the JST connectors might not handle the Amps resulting in burning out. My aim is to use one Lipo battery (4S +6000mah) to power everything.
I also have a Dji F550 using 2x 4S to power the Hexa and 1X 3S for the fpv gear (such a hassle).
On this X650pro build, I plan on setting up: Dji H3-3D, BOSCAM TS832 TX, GoPro 3+, Dji Mini OSD, 4x 12V Led light Strips, T-motor 3510 630kv, T-motor 13x4.4 Prop (or should i do 12" props?), Dji Naza V2 w/ GPS, and I haven't picked out the 30A ESC's yet... Any good suggestions?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. P.s. I love looking at other peoples multi-rotor builds, I welcome any photos / videos.
Thanks in advance,
MaddBlade

CrashMaster

I began this thread with my build speck and have stuck rigidly to XAircraft speck. If you are going with lower speed motors and larger props the amps drawn through the wiring to each ESC and onto the motors will increase greatly under load so you may have to do the maths to find what loads you will draw so you know what cabling you need. As for the ESC's I use the XAircraft 30amp do not be tempted with any cheaper or smaller ones. My machine has over 70 hours flight time with no issues.

If it's not broke don't fix it.

SamaraMedia

X650Mouse, CrashMaster, you guys seem to really like your X650 Pro's. I'm considering one to replace a DIY quad to compliment my TBS Disco Pro and Rusty UAP1 880 hex I have. Looking for something more portable with foldable arms so this quad is attractive. I know you both have many hours of flight on your machines so how good is the security of the locking mechanism long term? I have a SuperX control and will likely put some T-Motor 3508 380kv motors on it with 14" props running 4 or 6s batteries. Suggestions?

Thanks,

John

CrashMaster

John,
As you have noticed we went for the X650 Pro some time ago now and have had a very uneventful 16 months of flying. However, I don't fly around fast and furious. The point of having a flying camera is to get good photos or video and not to stress every component to its limit.
As for the arm locking mechanism I have only had to replace one of the pivot points and not the actual lock and that was when I first got the machine. One irritating thing about the Pro is that room is limited when fully loaded with OSD, Video DO, Gimbal, etc an 800 or 1000 would have a little more room.
If you want a sports bird I would go for something smaller and more agile but as a rock solid camera lift I would consider the Pro up there with the best without the DJI costs.
With the larger props and slow spin motors it would be interesting to see the flight times.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
X650Mouse, CrashMaster, you guys seem to really like your X650 Pro's. I'm considering one to replace a DIY quad to compliment my TBS Disco Pro and Rusty UAP1 880 hex I have. Looking for something more portable with foldable arms so this quad is attractive. I know you both have many hours of flight on your machines so how good is the security of the locking mechanism long term? I have a SuperX control and will likely put some T-Motor 3508 380kv motors on it with 14" props running 4 or 6s batteries. Suggestions?

Thanks,

John

I think I have over 500 hours flight time according to the black box, my X650 is fitted with a CM3000 3 axis gimbles, Hero3 Black and VTX plus OSD, I fly a minimum 4 days a week subject to weather, I have never had the system let me down, plug in a charged battery arm the motors and go flying.

As you would imagine having a camera on board means I am not doing aerobatics, yes I can recommend the X650 Pro, I don't fold the arms as the vehicle fits neatly in the boot of the car, but if I had too what not see any problems, they lock well and are further secured by the top shell, if you had an 'event' I think them collapsing may be a good thing rather than being rigid and and snapping, but as I have not crashed I can only guess at that

X

CrashMaster

Wow..... 500 hours that is 2000 15 min flights. I thought I had put a fair bit of flight time on my frame at just under 80 hours flight.
However saying that there is no reason the frame can't do it as long as the blades and motors are maintained and swapped out when needed. Other than crashes there is nothing else to wear out or break on these frames.

I wonder who has the most flight time on any multi rotor?

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Wow..... 500 hours that is 2000 15 min flights. I thought I had put a fair bit of flight time on my frame at just under 80 hours flight.
However saying that there is no reason the frame can't do it as long as the blades and motors are maintained and swapped out when needed. Other than crashes there is nothing else to wear out or break on these frames.

I wonder who has the most flight time on any multi rotor?

My bad I should have said flights not hours as the BB records all flight as I'm sure you know, hours would however be about 200.

As I have to drive to my flight field I make it worth my while! normally 3 x 6000mah batteries each giving me 20 to 25 minutes flight time, often I do some videoing for the model club flying planes or driving RC cars on top of my normal mucking around :nevreness: so yes very happy with my X650 never had a problem with the motors or the T-Motor CF props, thankfully given the price of those.

X

As a quad n00b and a brand new X650 Pro owner, just wanted to say thanks to all for a great read.

I'll be using my X650 Pro with a Stella/GoPro3+ combo for photography with an FPV camera setup and OSD. Eventually it'll be rigged to be onboard switchable between the GoPro and CCD.

It was a bit painful at the beginning of the thread reading about all the vibration problems, people putting all kinds of utter crap under their motors, etc. while never considering that the $3 pieces of plastic masquerading as props might be an issue... I'm new to this but I guess not as thick as I thought as I ordered some T-motor 12x4s immediately after ordering my X650. Playing around with eCalc for about a week helped me come to the conclusion that the 12x4s would be a good choice, glad I was right from what a few of you have said. The APCs will be used for the first test flights and then thrown into a hole somewhere.Glad that people are seeing good performance with the 12x4s.

Also ordered 4 T-motor 11x3.7s for my Xcope "Pro" (X650 Pro drivetrain) but that's another story...

DroneVision out of Taiwan is a pretty nice source for T-motor products and have a nice selection of props, prop adapters, plates and copper prop spacers, motors and associated hardware, etc. Huge selection of different brands altogether.

If you're looking for T-motor props with a bit more thrust RCHobbyHelicopter has a nice selection of 10" - 15" T-motor props ranging from 4.5" - 5.5" of pitch.

I think these props are actually cheap considering the quality performance. The props are ultimately where the rubber meets the aether so to speak and where all the work of the machine is ultimately done so I don't understand the lack of recognition of the significance of having quality props on machines like these.

Anyway, glad you solved all the vibration problems and are enjoying your fine machines!

I'll post a pic or two when I get mine built as I've my winter cut out for myselfc with my two new XA builds.

Good luck to all and happy flying.

Best regards

P.S. Forgot to ask some advise if anyone knows...

I get that the XA 30A ESCs that come on RTF and/or ARF machines do not need programming.

Do the individual ESCs sold separately by XA or otherwise require programming or do they also come ready to install and use without issue?

Thanks again!

CrashMaster

If you are using the XA 30A ESCs with a DJI or XA controller then no they don't need programmed but for other systems I don't know.
I think the x650 Pro is under rated because of the x650 Value and is overlooked by many potential buyers because of the mediocre performance and reliability of its smaller brother. They go and spend a lot more on expensive and better advertised rig for very little more in performance and reliability.

If you are using the XA 30A ESCs with a DJI or XA controller then no they don't need programmed but for other systems I don't know.
I think the x650 Pro is under rated because of the x650 Value and is overlooked by many potential buyers because of the mediocre performance and reliability of its smaller brother. They go and spend a lot more on expensive and better advertised rig for very little more in performance and reliability.

Thanks CrashMaster.

I agree with what you said and the only reason I kept my Xcope was my intention to upgrade it. Wasn't altogether impressed with the build quality for a number of reasons so glad I took it apart anyway. I know of two in my city that have just fallen out of the sky. However, in my opinion, the airframe is very nice and it does come with SuperX. I'm hoping that a loving rebuild and more quality juice and reserve capacity under the hood will create a reliable machine.

It seems that the X650 and the platform is proving to be a solid, capable package for the money and testimony from people like you give a new guy confidence. Thanks for blazing a bit of a trail.

Best regards