DJIF550 Max problems

Have DJIF550/GPS/TM1000/AR8000/DX8. Was able to hover briefly but now have so many different and intermittent problems I'm not sure where to start. Have set up fail safe at least six times and it will work on assistant then will not light the blue failsafe lights in assistant after one bind/flight cycle. Have seen posts that imply this is normal if it works in flight but am a long way from having enough confidence to try it in flight Also after each attempted flight I recalibrate the sticks and do an advanced imu calibration. I have trying to debug the in flight weirdness while in atti mode to eliminate the GPS portion. After one intial test flight where I could hover in attitude mode it would start sudden twitches to the left and then suddenly drop power with a flashing red light on the VU. Apparently the flashing red light was indicating low battery in spite of the SKY Lipo 3s 5000mah battery indicating over 11vdc with the assistant protection switch set to 9.5 volts. Shutting the protection off in assistant resolves the red flashes on the VU but would like to have that feature working. Without the flashing red diversion I still get lateral jerking motion in hover and have tried varying the rotory knob I have set up for remote gains through X1. Any specifics on which way or how much to cure the jerking motions and what could be done to fix the failsafe config disappearing act and the assistant protection switch?