XAircraft XAircraft X650 Pro - Owners

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Here you go - 5 mins long enough? Take into consideration, wind was about 15-20km/h

m79opf.jpg

Very good I'd estimate an average vibration of about 0.4 - 0.5 here is mine for today, same time frame, my average is 0.08 direct result of T-Motor props. Not a competition just an example of why the cost.

View attachment 18361

In the event you want to see the full flight up to about 90 meters, here is the relevant BB http://log.xaircraft.com/report.htm#2014_05_24_190445.250_219.2.04.56

X

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 290
Last edited by a moderator:

CrashMaster

I am with X650Mouse on this. If I want to do fun flying an IC helicopter is my choice. If I want good steady photos or video the X650 Pro is my choice. Different machines for different jobs.
The X650 is too big and expensive for care free acrobatics and was never designed for that. It is a rock solid AP platform. If I can eliminate vibration, or at least reduce the effect on photos and video and extend predictable flight time I will go for the T-Motor props.
Although I don't have vibration peoblems with my X650 at this time. Flint time is my main priority. 18 to 20 mins is good but 20 to 22 would be better.

Dhardjono

Sorry Dave i did not want to argue with you , I know you help me a lot with my copter and trannis yes broke it because i did not use my case just a back pack i was surprise you did not help me. Any way all i wanted is to see some result with those prop i don't used 650 for proximity flying any more i do that with qav 400 so does not get much use except on jobs where i need super for no run away. So let put things in the back to normal. Here is my last wek Thursday testing my d.i.y 3 axis gimbal need tweaking it drifting ans i use post stabilizer for some reason it bouncing maybe to soft dampener.
Only showing the video on this forum to see what a d.i.y smart 3axis gimbal is like on a 650 v4/upgrade to 650pro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Av8Chuck

You certainly have circling around a point down well.

Not sure what bouncing your referring too but I'd suggest shooting with the GoPro set to medium PV instead of wide to get rid of a lot of the fisheye and also when your flying s close to the ground, depending on the available light the GoPro slows down its shutter speed so when your close to the ground you et motion blur and the stabilization software is less effective and you get this bump in your footage. Same goes for pans.

dstul

Hello everyone

Reading the threads and by the limited search I did, it is not clear to me. Do I need to calibrate the stoc esc's of the X650Pro? When the esc's are connected to the SuperX I get a huge dead band at the lower end of the stick travel which makes the motors stop just below the stick's mid position. When I connect the esc's individual on my receiver they have a dead band at both ends of the stick travel. I assume that it is not safe to fly with such a big dead band on the lower side of the stick travel. Finally if I need to calibrate the esc's haow should I do it. There is not any available information about those particular esc's and how to use them.

Thank you in advance for any help :)

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Hello everyone

Reading the threads and by the limited search I did, it is not clear to me. Do I need to calibrate the stoc esc's of the X650Pro? When the esc's are connected to the SuperX I get a huge dead band at the lower end of the stick travel which makes the motors stop just below the stick's mid position. When I connect the esc's individual on my receiver they have a dead band at both ends of the stick travel. I assume that it is not safe to fly with such a big dead band on the lower side of the stick travel. Finally if I need to calibrate the esc's haow should I do it. There is not any available information about those particular esc's and how to use them.

Thank you in advance for any help :)

No you don't calibrate the ESCs' that are supplied with the X650 pro vehicle, but you do need to calibrate your radio with the SuperX and ensure your radio is set up correctly for the thrust.

David

dstul

No you don't calibrate the ESCs' that are supplied with the X650 pro vehicle, but you do need to calibrate your radio with the SuperX and ensure your radio is set up correctly for the thrust.

David

Hi David

I have done the calibrations suggested in the SuperX manual name them "RC neutral point calibration" and "RC reverse calibration". The condition described above is AFTER the calibrations. What do you mean when you say "ensure your radio is set up correctly for the thrust"? In my case the radio is set up for 100% travel adjustment for the thrust. If I reduce the travel adjustment to 55% I get almost no dead band with SuperX. But is this the correct way?

CrashMaster

Check you have no expo with multi . When flying helicopter it is a different game and expo is needed to attain hover at 45-50% stick input: my throttle curve is not linear so throttle picks up quickly - at 25% stick I have 50% throttle but only 10% pitch etc...

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
Hi David

I have done the calibrations suggested in the SuperX manual name them "RC neutral point calibration" and "RC reverse calibration". The condition described above is AFTER the calibrations. What do you mean when you say "ensure your radio is set up correctly for the thrust"? In my case the radio is set up for 100% travel adjustment for the thrust. If I reduce the travel adjustment to 55% I get almost no dead band with SuperX. But is this the correct way?

What is your radio? most have no issues with the X650 Pro straight out of the box and vanilla radio setting across many brands, so suggest you default all setting and start from scratch.

X

dstul

Check you have no expo with multi . When flying helicopter it is a different game and expo is needed to attain hover at 45-50% stick input: my throttle curve is not linear so throttle picks up quickly - at 25% stick I have 50% throttle but only 10% pitch etc...

I started from a never used again memory on my transmitter which I set as airplane. So the throttle is totally linear.

dstul

What is your radio? most have no issues with the X650 Pro straight out of the box and vanilla radio setting across many brands, so suggest you default all setting and start from scratch.

X

My radio is a JR PCM9X with an FrSky XJT 2.4 Ghz module and an X8R. I have plased a question to Xaircraft Support fpr this matter and I am expecting an answer. But I find it quite weird that this matter is not discussed at all in the internet.

CrashMaster

My radio is a JR PCM9X with an FrSky XJT 2.4 Ghz module and an X8R. I have plased a question to Xaircraft Support fpr this matter and I am expecting an answer. But I find it quite weird that this matter is not discussed at all in the internet.
It may be that no one has had the problem and it isn't a set up problem but a defective Tx, Rc or Super.
To exclude the Tx an Rx do you know someone you can swap out both. If you have the same you know it is I MS unit.
If you know of a local RC club I have no doubt they would hel out.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners

Can you arm the motors? both sticks bottom center or bottom outward.

I presume you are not using Sbus! have you double checked that the ports to channels are correct? SuperX/X8R

X

dstul

The motors are armed. That' s how I see the dead band. I arm the motors, the motors start and then I push the throttle stick to the middle. Then I start reducing ththrottle and the motors stop after travelling 1 line of the stick scale (I don' t know if I describe this correctly, I mean the small lines found left of the stick ). The channels are all double checked and correct. I tried to use Sbus but obviously due to the different JR channel assignment (no 1 is the throttle) it is not working. So use the normal one by one method to connect the channels to the receiver.

It is not that the system is not working. It is just that the motors are stopping to early after the throttle stick travels below the mid point. And of course I have to put the stick almost mid way up in order to keep the motors running after arming them. That's why I am thinking the case of esc's throttle calibration.

:) Sorry if my English are not good enough to describe my problem more precisely and I really appreciate your intention to help me guys

Thanx

dstul

It may be that no one has had the problem and it isn't a set up problem but a defective Tx, Rc or Super.
To exclude the Tx an Rx do you know someone you can swap out both. If you have the same you know it is I MS unit.
If you know of a local RC club I have no doubt they would hel out.

Probably I am the first to run a SuperX setup in my country so this is quite difficult. I wil try though with a JR 35Mhz PCM receiver.

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
The motors are armed. That' s how I see the dead band. I arm the motors, the motors start and then I push the throttle stick to the middle. Then I start reducing ththrottle and the motors stop after travelling 1 line of the stick scale (I don' t know if I describe this correctly, I mean the small lines found left of the stick ). The channels are all double checked and correct. I tried to use Sbus but obviously due to the different JR channel assignment (no 1 is the throttle) it is not working. So use the normal one by one method to connect the channels to the receiver.

It is not that the system is not working. It is just that the motors are stopping to early after the throttle stick travels below the mid point. And of course I have to put the stick almost mid way up in order to keep the motors running after arming them. That's why I am thinking the case of esc's throttle calibration.

:) Sorry if my English are not good enough to describe my problem more precisely and I really appreciate your intention to help me guys

Thanx

I am not sure you have a problem, a quad is not like your glider! with the propellers OFF do this, arm the motors then push your thrust to 50% the motors should run and 'hunt' if you are in GPS Hold or Attitude hold this is the setting for the X650 to go into auto take off and hover, at this time you will not have a GPS lock but outside and with GPS you would see the X650 raise off the ground and hover.

SuperX turns off the motors on a quad around -20% plus or minus, if you were in flight you would see anything below 50% in the thrust stick would see the vehicle descending.

Again as above once you are at 50% push the thrust stick further the motors should now be revving... with the X650 in flight 60% gives you a steady lift.

Really I think your only problem is adjusting to the difference in flight characteristics.

X

dstul

I am not sure you have a problem, a quad is not like your glider! with the propellers OFF do this, arm the motors then push your thrust to 50% the motors should run and 'hunt' if you are in GPS Hold or Attitude hold this is the setting for the X650 to go into auto take off and hover, at this time you will not have a GPS lock but outside and with GPS you would see the X650 raise off the ground and hover.

SuperX turns off the motors on a quad around -20% plus or minus, if you were in flight you would see anything below 50% in the thrust stick would see the vehicle descending.

Again as above once you are at 50% push the thrust stick further the motors should now be revving... with the X650 in flight 60% gives you a steady lift.

Really I think your only problem is adjusting to the difference in flight characteristics.

X

David

This is exactly what happens. However in my case the SuperX turns off the motors at around -30%. As I wrote at a previous post I can adjust this by reducing the travel adjustment of the throttle channel to 70-60% but I am not sure if this is the wright way. My problem is that I don't feel safe with the idea that the motors stop at such a high point of the throttle stick...

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
David

This is exactly what happens. However in my case the SuperX turns off the motors at around -30%. As I wrote at a previous post I can adjust this by reducing the travel adjustment of the throttle channel to 70-60% but I am not sure if this is the wright way. My problem is that I don't feel safe with the idea that the motors stop at such a high point of the throttle stick...

You need to fly it! it is not like a plane or glider or even a helicopter for that matter, you are not going to be a 100ft in the air and move your thrust stick to zero..... well if you do you won't have a X650 for long, you are going to reduce thrust gradually and the vehicle is going to descend under power until it lands, or if you want just hit RTH and it will land by itself.

Go and get some air time learn how multi rotor vehicle work

X