XAircraft XAircraft Camera Mounts !!! In-Stock !!! XAircraft USA

THe DJI stuff looks pretty impressive too.. I had kind of been wanting to go with 8 motor set up but I see they are limited to 6 now. Makes me wonder if they will change that platform in the near future.

I think if you have a receiver that speaks SBUS (Futaba?) they have a firmware that lets you use SBUS and then assign some of the input channels as servo outputs instead, so you can have an X8 or Octo along with servo-stabilized camera mount.

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
Yup thats correct

From Manual page 10 & 15

"If you want to use gimbal with an Octo-rotor, you have
to use S-Bus receiver, then you can use port T and R
for gimbal control. Otherwise, there will be no ports on
MC for gimbal."

I'm in the process of building x650 v8 but my radio is futaba and I will be using R6203SB.

Speaking of S-Bus, I have heard also that the rumoured new FC1212-P will support S-Bus. Just a rumour from something mentioned in the BBS forum, we're all waiting with 'bated breath for the expected announcement over in X650 forum on RCG.

thanks for all the great info NormMonkey on all this stuff... I don’t get much time to check out forums so I usually spend my time here. The xair stuff looks like a good platform for the price. I”ll have to go and
check out some of the videos you mentioned.
I saw a cool youtube video from China on that x8 machine and liked how it breaks down.. could be fun for taking on some trips. Just very curious now to see how the results of the new mount and rumors will be. I figured by now we we might see some posts on here from Jeff at xair.. guess i’ll keep being patient
THe DJI stuff looks pretty impressive too.. I had kind of been wanting to go with 8 motor set up but I see they are limited to 6 now. Makes me wonder if they will change that platform in the near future.

Apologise for my time being limited on here lately ...but other work has kept me away for several days. Have flown 1000+ flights on XAircraft and built 20+ V-8 Machines and many others. The camera mount is remarkable, nothing negative could be said about it, in truth. The GPS-S systems have flown great on my aircraft. Had 1 X650G with the 12x6 props didn't perform perfectly but since testing 12 x 3.8 props on an identical craft and it also performed very well, replaced those with 10 x 45 props and it was a ROCK in the winds, all were tested in HEAVY winds .. GPS-S held !!! If people are reporting problems, it is my quess they have built their crafts improperly, tuned them wrong and possibly crashed without proper repairs, probably all the above. If the machines are flight tested and properly tuned they do their job very well. If you don't build them correctly, you can expect incorrect flight, SAME with NE Quad or helicopter.

Last edited by a moderator:

jffry7

aka TruckBasher
You have been busy so means you have the 5" extension for the XAircraft camera mount? :tennis: Do you know the expected price and is it possible to get the XAircraft camera mount with this as a combo package?

You have been busy so means you have the 5" extension for the XAircraft camera mount? :tennis: Do you know the expected price and is it possible to get the XAircraft camera mount with this as a combo package?

the price on the mounts is 259.00 .. There is no combo offered at the moment !! We keep 6" Extensions.

all were tested in HEAVY winds .. GPS-S held !!! If people are reporting problems, it is my quess they have built their crafts improperly, tuned them wrong and possibly crashed without proper repairs, probably all the above. If the machines are flight tested and properly tuned they do their job very well. If you don't build them correctly, you can expect incorrect flight, SAME with NE Quad or helicopter.

I think I made my statements very clear as to what first-hand experience I have and what information I gave which was based on videos posted in other threads, and what was based simply on reports from other users. I think you'll find that this is a level of honesty and diligence beyond your typical forum post.

Anyone looking to buy expensive equipment will want to do some research to make sure they're buying something that works. If it wasn't clear, I was simply summarizing my understanding of the options in question, and I was diligent enough to report where my information comes from. I hope that anyone looking to choose between the multi-rotor platforms will go to the forums and threads that I mention as well as looking around on YouTube and other places where such things are to be found to see for themselves the results so far that I summarized, and not just take my word for it.

One thing I should have mentioned that I didn't, is that people tend to go to forums to ask for help improving their setup more than to report success results. It is certainly possible that there are loads of XAir machines out there with excellent position hold but those folks aren't coming forward on the forums to show off their good results.

By the same token, if you have several XAircraft machines built that do hold position well in winds, please take some videos and post them. This will make a huge difference in offsetting the negative results and build confidence that XAir stuff does work as advertised.

I don't own the GPS/compass modules because I haven't seen any evidence that they work well enough yet. That's my opinion based on what I've seen. Certainly I do take into effect the possibility that many of the folks on the forums may have made mistakes putting theirs together, and I'm certainly willing to discount the negative reviews as a result of inadequate builds, but for me to make a decision to spend almost $300 on a GPS/compass I need to see some success results, too.

I can understand your frustration as a dealer of XAircraft when people who haven't got any first-hand experience report negative results, but rather than telling everyone to disregard everything except first-hand experience -- especially when first-hand experience showing positive results is hard to find-- isn't it better to provide several demonstrations of your own to show positive results?

I also feel that my advice to look for videos and reports in the places where people post them (i.e. RCG) is sound advice. You have a point in that people should disregard completely unfounded opinions and speculation, but (a) describing what I've seen in videos isn't speculation, it's a summary of what I've seen, and (b) I think rather than asking people to disregard everything that isn't first-hand experience, why not offer some sound advice of your own as to where people considering different products should look to help them decide that XAir is the way to go?

ryan_m

I have an original X650 and wondered if it's possible to fairly easily mount the new mount to the older design? It appears that the new mount attaches to some carbon tubes that extend front and back. I don't have those, plus the battery tray has to be relocated to offset the camera since it's now pushed well out in front rather than directly under the center as the older camera mount included with the x650's were.

I really want a 2 axis mount like this, and and extremely interested in details about how this would/could mount to an older x650...

I have an original X650 and wondered if it's possible to fairly easily mount the new mount to the older design? It appears that the new mount attaches to some carbon tubes that extend front and back. I don't have those, plus the battery tray has to be relocated to offset the camera since it's now pushed well out in front rather than directly under the center as the older camera mount included with the x650's were.

I really want a 2 axis mount like this, and and extremely interested in details about how this would/could mount to an older x650...

Ryan,

You can mount this on the X650G /C models the clamping system can be removed and the exsisting camera mount metal cross struts can be moved and mounting plate on the XAircraft 130 or GoPro camera mounts will fit directly where the old camera mount is NOW fitted.

Emowillcox

I'm hoping to get a camera mount soon.. sure would like to see some footage from one of the new xair mounts... anyone have footage they can post on here from their new
mount or talk about their experience?

Bowley

the price on the mounts is 259.00 .. There is no combo offered at the moment !! We keep 6" Extensions.

Whats the word on the extensions Jeff? 5" would be OK, 6" would be great plenty room left over for USB, AV plugs. Have you got a batch properly cut? any in stock?
Looks a great camera mount for gopro (Although it looks like the cage on the gopro version covers up the AV Port), but just a bit small for even some ultra compact P&S's. I ordered one kinda on the adviso that extensions would be available.

Cheers

Steve

Kilby

I would also love to see some real world footage shot with this mount. Any word on getting something uploaded?

I'm hoping to get a camera mount soon.. sure would like to see some footage from one of the new xair mounts... anyone have footage they can post on here from their new
mount or talk about their experience?

Bowley

I was close to getting some footage up, but I decided not to because I only had the Tilt axis engaged with the FC, and I dont think it did it justice. I was impressed with what I saw, ie plenty roll action with my crappy flying but the video in terms of tilt compensation was pretty rock steady. If the roll compensation works as well I will be delighted. It was only a short flight over my garden just to see what the tilt compensation was like. I did not connect the roll servo for the reason that I dont know if I need a BEC to run both servo's on the mount or if it is simply plug and play from the FC1212. It was a short flt because I am having severe problems with my AHRS values drifting after calibration so can only get a minute or two before it starts to get uncontrollable. I've been advised to update or reload the firmware and report back to Jingchen and go from there.

So can I just plug these tilt /roll servos in and go, no BEC required, In the absence of anything stating otherwise from XA or elsewhere I would guess yes.
I dont know too about about BEC's I presume they link the batt straight into the receiver to provide power to servo's.This in turn must provide further power to the FC1212 adding to that already supplied from an ESC and does the FC get its power from just one of the ESC's? If so a BEC would surely provide a degree of redundancy.

Does this make sense or am I talking complete BS??!!

RyanArch

I have the CM130C-TPS mount as well. After installing it on the craft and connecting it to the FC and powering it up, the mount goes haywire in all directions continuously before I power down. I haven't mapped any switches on my Aurora 9 for operating the mount. Also wondering about input values in the XA software. A bit unclear on how to set everything up. Anyone have a link for a step-by-step?

Kilby

I have a small gimbal for my gopro and it seems to be very twitchy with a lot of chatter when I first power up. I found that if I just pick up the quad and rock it back and forth through the pitch & roll then it stops. Sometimes I can just use the switch I set up to change the pitch of the camera and it stops also.

Here is a video. The gimbal was actually made for an MK hexa, but the bolt patterns are the same as the load carrier on the XA, so it fits perfectly with no mods. I think it cost $70 with the servos, so I'm not complaining.

Bowley

Well got the X650 up with the mount and gopro at last.
I think the tilt stab is great, roll stab needs some work. servo perhaps lacks response speed or resolution ??

To be fair it was just a test and I was throwing it around a little, but at the mo I think I get smoother (by my standards) results with fixed camera.

Bowley

Anybody getting any descent result with the new mount?
For the life of me cannot get rid of the jitters, just wonder if the gopro is too light for it.
Anyone tried the MC6500? http://www.foxtechfpv.com/mc-6500-pro-dual-axis-cam-mount-p-395.html I wonder if the direct linkage is preferable to gearing.
It would be nice to see some real world footage from both of these low cost mounts, I cant find much, other than promo stuff, which leads me to think others are having the same experience as me, ie finding out that the mount is only really good for stills.

RotorKoph

Built one last night, not sure how long. They aren't hugely complex!!fi

Will ASSURE you of their quality, mounts will perform and do their job beautifully. Will shoot video over the weekend, of mount functioning PLUS video from mount. Will link it here :) Thanks for asking :) ~Jeffery

Yes, is the order of mounts in photo(s)

So, what ever happened to the video shot with this mount that was supposed to be linked here? Should we conclude by its absence that it doesn't perform well?

Hi all,
If you hop over to the XAircraftUSA.com site and check the videos both there on on Jeff's youtube channel you'll find some new video's posted with original version gopro on X650V8 and night flight vid's with light kit installed. Plus there's some great video's on the home page of an 450 pro doing some 3D flight! Enjoy!!