XAircraft X Aircraft Firmware Updates

rwilabee

X Aircraft Firmware Updates

Doesn't it seem like XAircraft should have come up with some firmware updates and enhancements for their XAircraft controllers. They last one was almost 7 months ago and I have heard of plenty of wish list stuff from users.

Rich

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
X Aircraft Firmware Updates

Doesn't it seem like XAircraft should have come up with some firmware updates and enhancements for their XAircraft controllers. They last one was almost 7 months ago and I have heard of plenty of wish list stuff from users.

Rich

I do believe a new firmware is being worked on, but I don't know where you hang out, two of the most active forums have no user 'wish lists' maybe you could share your wish list with us.

X

rwilabee

I hang out on this forum. There is not a list per say but things the users have wished for over the last 7 months in various postings. While these may not be things I would use here they are: I would like the OSD update though.

Home Lock Similar to DJI, Way Points, Ability to land with motor down in Hex or Octo, LED Low Voltage Indicator, XY8 with wider front arms does not work well. OSD - Switch between AV IN1 and AV IN2 from the transmitter so that you don't have to have an external switch to switch between two cameras.

I really like my XAircraft controllers (I have 3) and have gotten rid of all my DJI stuff. It just seems like they should have come out with some updates within the last 7 months. I just don't want them not to continue to improve their products.

I do believe a new firmware is being worked on, but I don't know where you hang out, two of the most active forums have no user 'wish lists' maybe you could share your wish list with us.

X

X650Mouse

Take no prisoners
I hang out on this forum. There is not a list per say but things the users have wished for over the last 7 months in various postings. While these may not be things I would use here they are: I would like the OSD update though.

Home Lock Similar to DJI, Way Points, Ability to land with motor down in Hex or Octo, LED Low Voltage Indicator, XY8 with wider front arms does not work well. OSD - Switch between AV IN1 and AV IN2 from the transmitter so that you don't have to have an external switch to switch between two cameras.

I really like my XAircraft controllers (I have 3) and have gotten rid of all my DJI stuff. It just seems like they should have come out with some updates within the last 7 months. I just don't want them not to continue to improve their products.

I believe the video change on the fly may be in the next update, I doubt anything Hex or Octo will happen in the near future, XA have their own vehicles, both Quad!

IOC (home lock) whilst voiced here and elsewhere I think there are more of the 'silent majority' who don't want it and therefore won't make the next release. Low voltage is already available via the OSD and 3rd party products such as lipo warning and modern radios with telemetry

Still all the above only my gut feeling nothing official so we will see, certainly nothing at this time stops the SuperX from being the best FC out there.

X

rwilabee

I agree the SuperX is the best FC out there. I would love the Video Change and as I mentioned since I run a flight camera and use the GoPro mainly for taking the pics. That way I would have one less piece of hardware on my quad. I don't care about the other stuff and I do run telemetry to monitor my battery.

Rich

I believe the video change on the fly may be in the next update, I doubt anything Hex or Octo will happen in the near future, XA have their own vehicles, both Quad!

IOC (home lock) whilst voiced here and elsewhere I think there are more of the 'silent majority' who don't want it and therefore won't make the next release. Low voltage is already available via the OSD and 3rd party products such as lipo warning and modern radios with telemetry

Still all the above only my gut feeling nothing official so we will see, certainly nothing at this time stops the SuperX from being the best FC out there.

X

CrashMaster

It may be that there has been no Firmware upgrade because they spent a lot of time getting it right before release - I understand their previous attempts did cause a lot of frustration and lost customer faith. Also owning a DJI was infuriating having to upgrade every few weeks because they cocked something up time and time again.

Now DJI are winding down the WKM it is has been nice not having to upgrade since September last year.... and until something gives in the hardware I will keep it as it is now rock solid.... Oh except for sometimes dropping into Atti from GPS for no apparent reason. Flick it back and it recovers. I can live with that.

As for customer requests I have no doubt they will be compiling a list and the programmers will be looking at what can be implemented and at what costs or effort. Then V2 will probably have some incorporated with V1 owners being asked to pay to upgrade.

Kioner why would a 'Pro' want to use a Hex or Octi? The redundancy issue is outweighed by the weight cost and portability. A Quad is safer, lighter, cheaper and far less complex for maintenance and durability. I think the Health and Safety Taliban may be influencing decisions without looking at the real risks and likelihood of failure - just like all other areas of life.

kloner

Aerial DP
because the power plants got so big and powerful so quick were all quickly reaching the 55 lbs auw and only needing 6 to pull it off saves a ton of weight. the only advantage a hex has over a quad is that it is possible to motor out land.... big motors making a ton of power need to be able to depend on staying aloft if one bails

CrashMaster

Kloner,
I am not having a go at you and know what you are saying but the only cameras you need heavy lift for is a RED and this is only for the film industry when money is no object. Most photography or Videos can be done with a Cannon, Sony or even a GoPro. It all depends on the quality needed for the end product. Adding weight for the sake of safety just increases the very dangers trying to be avoided and then you end up with machines far too heavy and have to add even more safety features. If a 5lb machine falls from the sky it will cause a lot less danger and damage than a 55lb machine. However, the 5lb machine can do the same job with a carefully selected camera - compromises may have to be made but the outcome can be good too. Also there is less to go wrong with a Quad compared to Hex or Octi...... Safety is about reducing risk not eliminating them.

If we try eliminated all risk none of us would get permission to fly.

Anyway off topic.... Slap me now and I will end this....:shame:

Av8Chuck

I don't think that debating the wish list is off topic, pointless maybe.

Either XAircraft doesn't care about what users want and think, they provide no "official" channel to communicate feature request etc, or if there is a channel it is being filtered by a select few. Which is fine, its there controller.

IOC has been discussed several times, its doubtful that the "silent majority" don't want it, its more like the minority has spoken out against it. This isn't a popularity contest, if features get implemented that you don't want don't use them but IOC is a good feature that makes single pilot AP easier and once orientation has been lost can be very helpful reestablishing it without having to trigger RTH, which in some/many circumstances would be unsafe to do.

One thing maybe all of these manufacturers should keep in mind is that as the US starts the certification process that there's a real possibility that very few of the controllers produced in China will be acceptable.