Would this be a good build for aerial photography?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I think the Naze32 killed the Revo :)

Make sure you read about the gimbal. They can really be crap - so read reviews of any specific gimbal you choose.

The Tarot 680Pro has places to tap into power on the integrated PDB.

Awesome, I finally figured everything out. I can just plug the transmitter into the jst connector of the battery. Thank you for all of your help. I think I will get a CC3D for now and maybe upgrade to a Pixhawk or Naza once the bill settles in:).

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You absolutely do NOT want to tap power from the balance plug. It can pull power from the individual cells at various rates. It's easy enough to do it the other way - which is to Solder connectors and wires from the PDB and power the things you need.

Also, look into cheap BUCK regulators ($10/5 sometimes) which can be dialed in for the exact vintage you need to output, regardless of what the battery is throwing out (it only steps down - not boost).

Good thing I put that there. So would I just solder two wires onto one slot(I dunno what the actual name of the place you solder to is)? Also, when using the buck connector, is there a benefit to a lower or higher output?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You are going to need to solder all 6 ESCs to the PDB, as well as the lead for the battery, and any other leads you need for extra power (gimbal, FPV, LEDs etc). Each will have both positive and negative - and there are clearly marked spots to solder these to on the PDB.

I highly recommend getting the +/- correct when you do this, or else bad smoke will emit from the components, and you will be out a bunch of cash :)

The thing I am confused about is that there are only 8 leads. I would have 6 ESCs, one gimbal, and one battery, but no place to put the transmitter. What do I do about that?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Where are you seeing leads???

Think of it this way: if you wanted (please don't), you could run all the positive power wires to the same + pad and stack them one on top of another, soldering them into a big mess. And then all the negative wires to a - pad making another mess.

The power distribution board doesn't know (or care) what is connected to it, or where. There is no such thing as a specific pad for a specific esc (or any component). As long as there is a decent contact, and the positive/negative is going to the right sides, you can add anything whatever you need.

How did you do it on your other quad?

I used a PDB but all I needed was 4 slots for each ESC. I didn't add anything else on it. So I could put two wires on one slot, as long as it has a good connection? Sounds great.

So you said that I should get some better quality motors than Turnigy. What motors should I get? I can't really find a place where I can buy SunnySky motors with a low kv. The weight of the drone is around 1720g with everything except the motors.

Yeah, the total weight comes out to be 2350g so I need at least 860g of thrust per motor. With 1238 props it can go up to 1600. It also said that the max weight of the copter should be 600 * the number of motors. That is 3600g... Is this maybe too much power?

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
You need about 400g of thrust per motor to hover at 50%. It seems they may be over powered.

Unfortunately, the specs are confusing for that model. I had a V3508 - 580kv model that provided exactly 400g thrust with 13" prop on 4S battery. I actually got a bit more efficiency from 12" props.