WORKING SKYLINE RSGS thread

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
PLEASE ONLY POST IN HERE IF YOU ARE HAVING SUCESS EVEN THOUGH IT MAY BE LIMITED

I have started this thread to try and get some positive info on the set up and operation of the Photo Higher RSGS and condense the MASSIVE thread started by 1001copters.

So if you want to moan please go to this thread

http://www.multirotorforums.com/showthread.php?3304-Photohigher-skyline-rsgs

I DONT WANT CANT DO THIS CANT DO THAT IT WONT OR ITS PANTS IN HERE.

JUST WORKING SETUPS

HOW

SETTINGS

SETUPS

I will delete pointless comments or un-usful stuff.

I would also like references to useful posts anyone else finds that will help.

No doubt I will get a blasting from a few for setting this up but I will rule this thread with a stick of iron.

I just want to provide useful info that will try and help everyone get to understand what is going on with this device.

My gum shields are in... gloves tight and ready for the fray!

Bring it on

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
Aye Up, Vulcan2go seems like I must be the only one with a working one...

I am just in the middle of moving to another project, when I am there on, sunday I will post my working setup.

Dave

Jits

My setup is working with just one minor (ish) issue, but it is not enough to warrant the frustration that others seem to have suffered. Overall I am very happy with the stabilisation. Took a bit of effort but got it to a stage now that I would be hard pressed to fork out the anticipated high costs of a heavy DSLR brushless gimbal if/when they become available.

The issue I get is a slight roll in very high speed panning but this easily enough corrected by the camera operator. Other than that the roll, tilt and pan holding is excellent.

darekbo

Hi
Maybe that's not perfect but I think usable configuration:
http://youtu.be/2SR6mE8PK9A
Canon 5d av200 skyline 1.7 beta Cinestar like frame MK 2.1 FC
No post stabilization. Gains: Position Tilt 200 Roll 400 Velocity: Tilt 60 Roll 600. TCT 1782 RCT 3000.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMP

For those of you with working Skylines appreciate posting Videos so we have some sort of baseline to compare. Thx all! :)

jappie911

I am working daily with my Skyline.. (only roll and tilt..) with good results also in windy conditions.. with nice results..
I will post my settings as soon as I connect again with the software..

I did not connect it to my computer since installing 1.7, because I was happy since then, and a bit afraid to mess it up again..

Although: I still not have a perfect horizon.. It is off mostly to the left (horizon on video lower on the right side.. :dread: )

So now I made the roll input.. so I can adjust manual..

The strange thing is; sometime I tune it to the right... when still on the ground before lift-off, and so far that it looks like it is to much to the right.. and than later it is still to much to the left.. :dejection:

I think it has to do with my levels.. Something will not be 100% level; so when it tries to compensate the Tilt it mixes a bit off rol... What do you think ?

The question is; do some of you have an idea off wich level is wrong ?? So I don't have to trie all the numbers.. and all be off again..

jappie911

I am happy with it ! Only want to make it even better !:nevreness:

I think that this hobby and forums are all about..?