WooKong Luvers Care to help out a new Fellow Wookong Buddy

rwilabee

I see the youtube screen with the starting picture. When I click on it it comes up and says: This video contains content from SME and EMI, one or more of whome have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

Youtube is blocking it for me to watch for some reason.

Rich

rwilabee

That worked nice video. I did see some shaking in one part but then it smoothed out. What do you think was causing that.

Rich

Greetings from Durango CO: I am also pulling together my first build (in this case a hexa) and will be using the Wookong WK-M as my flight controller. I am leaning toward the Hitec Aurora-9 transmitter but I have not been able to find anyone who can confirm its compatibility with the Wookong FC. I have read that the Hitec Aurora-9 has a great telemetry unit to send all of this useful data back to the TX (supposedly better than the Spektrum DX-8) but I am not sure how or if it will work with the Wookong FC. I would be grateful for any wisdom you might be willing to pass my way with regard to this. To put my experience level into perspective (or lack there of): I have had more experience briskly rubbing my knuckles on 30 grit sandpaper and then plunging my hand into turpentine than I have in creating multicopters. That's a big zero :)

Hi there I use an aurora 9 controller with my wk-m and i can verify that it is an excellant choice and fully compatible with the wk-m !

Good luck , Matt

Greetings from Durango CO: I am also pulling together my first build (in this case a hexa) and will be using the Wookong WK-M as my flight controller. I am leaning toward the Hitec Aurora-9 transmitter but I have not been able to find anyone who can confirm its compatibility with the Wookong FC. I have read that the Hitec Aurora-9 has a great telemetry unit to send all of this useful data back to the TX (supposedly better than the Spektrum DX-8) but I am not sure how or if it will work with the Wookong FC. I would be grateful for any wisdom you might be willing to pass my way with regard to this. To put my experience level into perspective (or lack there of): I have had more experience briskly rubbing my knuckles on 30 grit sandpaper and then plunging my hand into turpentine than I have in creating multicopters. That's a big zero :)

Hi there I use an aurora 9 controller with my wk-m and i can verify that it is an excellant choice and fully compatible with the wk-m !

Good luck , Matt

Matt, thanks for that. I have had a couple of people tell me this thus far so I think I will go ahead with the Aurora-9. I appreciate your feedback. Have you had any experience with Hitec's telemetry unit and the WK-M? It is supposed to be a great unit but I have not been able to find anyone who has used it with the WK-M. Thanks again, Matt.

Peter

Emowillcox

HI Rancher Pete.. i'm using dx7 on my wookong.... but wondering how many motors your planning to use with your wookong. There is a limited amount of outputs ... I think 4 for motors and then 2 more set up for camera gimble...but some use 6 for motors and something else to control camera gimble I believe... or some use S Bus radio system.... just a few things I have heard.

Tahoe Ed

You can have 6 motors and two controls for the gimbal. If you are doing an octo then you need to use SBus if you want gimbal control.

By the way: I realized that the telemetry unit has little to do with what sort of flight controller one is using as it is more a funtion of the telemetry unit communicating with the transmitter rather than the flight controller. Like i said, I'm new to this stuff but am determined and I appreciate the friendly advice of others.