Why Do So Many Post Go Un Answered Here??

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Is it because this forum is to advanced for newbie questions?

Thank You

Gene

this forum is typically slow this time of year as everyone is out flying. it's spring in the north and fall in the southern hemispheres.

Bartman

Also, I'm usually online keeping things going with contributions wherever I can make them (as are our faithful moderators and product review authors) but I'm once again trying to get my house sold and it's a freakin' full time job between fixing everything and trying to keep my wife from going crazy while we await a buyer. We went through this last year for the first six months of the year and it damn near killed me. This is it though, it sells by mid July or we're here for the long haul.

The plan is to focus on MultiRotorForums.com from now on and do less media work so the trend looking ahead should be more awesomeness from and for the website!

Bart

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Loving it.....

And I think you are wrong Gene, sure a few threads are left for a bit but many questions that get asked here have been asked last week and the week before and the week before so responding again to the same question this week sometimes can take a little while.

Was there something in particular that you needed answered?

And it is winter down below at the moment, snow on the hills here right now.

And just having a coffee before I head off for the day to run some caving trips for some of our local kids so a bit busy today to be answering questions right away.

Cheers

Pete

Bartman

Loving it.....

And I think you are wrong Gene, sure a few threads are left for a bit but many questions that get asked here have been asked last week and the week before and the week before so responding again to the same question this week sometimes can take a little while.

Was there something in particular that you needed answered?

And it is winter down below at the moment, snow on the hills here right now.

And just having a coffee before I head off for the day to run some caving trips for some of our local kids so a bit busy today to be answering questions right away.

Cheers

Pete

ah yes, shows how much i've been paying attention, summer here and winter already down there. the months are flying by.

genesc

Ok gentlemen, I may need to apologize for the way I put this out on the open forum. And I do. But I have been here a short time compared to many others
What I have noticed is that when I do a search on things, sometimes I only get the original post and no answeres. I have posted quite a few question
and have figuered out some on my own. But I still see unanswered posts scattered about. The posts with questions I could understand that the more
advanced members may not even pay attention because it is not in their realm of specialty.
I have recieved help from Pete, Moto and of course Bart has come to my rescue on a couple of occasions..:) But there are allot of other experience
multirotor folks here besides you guys.
My biggest issue is that I live in the sticks down in South Carolina. Nearest town with asphalt roads is 25 miles away. There is no one here that activly participates with multirotor aircraft,,
so I am dependent on reading, reading, reading and asking questions when I need an answer to when I get stumped.
I am glad you noticed this post and hopefully some of the unanswered posts by others will get answered now. You just have to look in the Begenners Questions
and Lounge
Thank you for listening to my rant
Gene

kloner

Aerial DP
sometimes when stuff is so far from right the symptoms don't make since and alot of people pass on replying since alot of people never see something do what others see there stuff doing. most people here are completely net based taught and learned everything they know from places like this

Bartman

the point of the beginners' area is to put people with similar experience levels together so they can help each other, form relationships, network, and move on to more complicated heli's if they so choose.

if the beginners aren't helping each other out then that's where a lot of us step in to push them along but it's not the best time of year to expect that. we try sometimes but if it doesn't happen then it's back to a search or another post to try to prompt a response from the forums.

PCMAerial

@Genesc - We're out here flying in Wilmington and Charlotte, NC. If your ever around the way shoot a message and we can link to fly/discuss UAV's

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Gene,

i know it can be frustrating sometimes when you feel all you need is that "one answer to my question, and then I'm up, up and away..." :)

I find that occasionally people phrase their question in an odd manner, or incompletely. Like Kloner mentioned, that can leave someone who may be very experienced scratching their head. When I first started out (still am!), I always felt like I was being long winded. But it was a byproduct of trying to include all that I had tried, all that I had researched, and all that I had ruled out BEFORE posting - to make it easy for the pros to help me.

Ive be responded a few times telling people to "help us help you." I think like many forums - the simplest solutions can be best solved by doing it yourself, and I feel at times this is being implied by the silence...

genesc

You are probably right Moto, but I get the feeling that most here on this forum are just to advanced and do not want to bother their selves to answer stupid newbie questions. Nubies don’t know all the jargon and we probably use the wrong descriptions like you say but what does it hurt for someone to post back with, Can you give us a little more detail of your Issue. No they just let most of those go unanswered, passing them over every day and going on to something that interests them.

I can say that you and Pete have helped me tremendously and I sure appreciate your post backs and comments along with many of your other post backs to other people. But you two are not the only experienced members here on this forum.

Yes I end up figuring things out but have to go to dozens of resources to do so. Plus trial and error. Yes I know that is the best way to learn but my impression of this forum for the most part is that people here are only interested in the aerial photography and high end gadget half of the hobby/sport. Just by looking at many of the post I can see that.
Every newbie needs to learn to crawl before they can walk, and I thought this forum was where I could learn to walk. But like I said you and Pete has been the only two who really are consistent with your post backs to newbies.
Thank you
Gene

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I can understand your frustration. I'm still waiting on the first reply to my parts list for my first build...four builds ago! :)

seriously though - I made it through with the help of several in this group - so obviously there are more folks out there helping. This forum is perhaps filled with some more "serious" or pro pilots - but remember, not everyone who has knowledge is good at teaching. That's not a knock - just reality. The only reason I feel I can help sometimes is that I'm still so close to the beginning, like all the other newbies. So I relate to the hurdles and pitfalls that come with starting in this hobby.

I can honestly say that help from Kloner, Bart, Pete, SleepyC, SoCal Blur, JBrumberg , all of the non-ornery guys on the SuperX thread and many others - especially RTRyder (either directly or by reading about their experiences), have made my own experience in this hobby far greater than it would have had I not found this [cyber] place.

Keep asking, keep experimenting, keep researching. Before you know it - you'll be flying and teaching.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
You are probably right Moto, but I get the feeling that most here on this forum are just to advanced and do not want to bother their selves to answer stupid newbie questions.

Im not sure that's quite the reason but I can certainly see how for many, this looks like it might be the case. For me, Bart summed it up well in as much as at this time of year there is so much going on outside that I just don't get the time on this forum that I would like. In Jan I could easily read each new post that came out and I did this on a daily basis. On a busy day there would be just over 25 posts. Look at it now- far more posts and less time to answer.

As for stupid newbie questions, they simply don't exist. Newbie questions exist for sure but no such thing as a stupid question in my mind. Apologies for not answering more questions but as I said, things are really busy at this time of year. In the last two days I have worked 34hrs! The only reason I can reply now is that it is 0320 and I am having a wee whisky before going to bed before I catch up on all my admin tomorrow!

genesc

I can understand that when a forum grows and the boss gets busy there is less time to help and answer questions. I might add that I have been there and done that. My solution was to bring in more moderators and set up a structure for them. A structure that allows them the freedom to monitor and moderate. One man cannot do it alone and he just can’t expect loyal members to do all the work without some gratification and guidance.

IMO what makes a great forum are those who run and operate it. And it is one thing to be extremely knowledgeable but another thing to be both knowledgeable and a good manager. I am not saying this is not a great forum but what I am saying is a forum that has the potential that this forum has needs careful planning and management. I am sure there are those who work days and work nights that are qualified to moderate.

One has to be able to ask for help and set up a good management chain of command structure.

I will keep asking my questions here and at the same time do my homework in finding solutions and answers elsewhere as well. It is my opinion that there are some great knowledgeable folks here and have made some good friends already.

Thanks for you feedback Carapau. There is always more than a couple ways of viewing issues at hand. You and Moto are ok guys in my book...:)

Gene