Watch out sporting event TFR now includes model aircraft and RPAS in the USA

Attachments

• FAA-Puma1.jpg
    FAA-Puma1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 142

Ronan

I guess my football client will call me tomorrow and end our contract...

Time to get a lawyer...

Edit: 30,000 seat stadium or more... Ohhh i might just be saved... But for other's... i fear...

There are 180 stadiums alone that meet that requirement, I am adding them to a map and should be finished in a couple of hours. Will post it on sUAS News then and here

scotth

I remember when this TFR came out and never understood what it was supposed to accomplish from a crowd safety aspect, since it does not apply during PRE-SEASON games. There are just as many fans there.. so what's the difference?

kloner

Aerial DP
Gary, what happened to the live news feed here? I enjoyed that and haven't seen it in a while

Must have been pulled by Bart or moved somewhere else. Made up a little map of stadiums When TFRs are in force they should appear here amongst other places and if you fly APM will be on the GCS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronan

Client terminated our contract. They do not wish to be bothered by the FAA since this, and i quote, 'situation is too confusing, we can go back to balloons and extended poles with camera's strapped to them"...

This was a sub 25,000 stadium.

Old Man

You may indeed need to talk with counsel. I doubt you would have the second meeting with them before the government NPRM that covers all we do is released though.

If the ruling keeps to the new schedule don't expect to use it until 2017, ATC has already asked for a six month training period should anything go through. At sUAS news we believe the man in currently charge is leaving in January and that will reset all the clocks again. Lets hope we are wrong.

Ronan

If the ruling keeps to the new schedule don't expect to use it until 2017, ATC has already asked for a six month training period should anything go through. At sUAS news we believe the man in currently charge is leaving in January and that will reset all the clocks again. Lets hope we are wrong.

That is just insane... You can tell they have absolutely zero knowledge what they are talking about...

Old Man

I was in conversation with a person currently involved in the new rules process. Look for about 30 days before the NPRM comes out. Be ready to read, comment, and unite where you can if the chips fall the wrong way.

Ronan

I was in conversation with a person currently involved in the new rules process. Look for about 30 days before the NPRM comes out. Be ready to read, comment, and unite where you can if the chips fall the wrong way.

Is the NPRM for the new rules for sUAV commercial/business usage? Or the one that prohibit sUAV's near stadiums/sporting events?

Old Man

The big one. the rules that will apply to all "small aircraft" and how they will be operated. The quotation marks denote the words used in the conversation.

Ronan

The big one. the rules that will apply to all "small aircraft" and how they will be operated. The quotation marks denote the words used in the conversation.

I thought the FAA wasn't making its 2015 deadline, so what exactly is happening in 30 days?

Edit: Clarified my question.

Last edited by a moderator:

No its not, the small rule NPRM slid to December http://www.suasnews.com/2014/09/31141/small-rule-nprm-slides-again/ Maybe its been bought forward a little so that its done before Jim leaves http://www.suasnews.com/2014/10/32034/jim-williams-to-leave-unmanned-aircraft-systems-integration-office/ If the process starts it will have a I think 60 day comment period from memory. The stadium TFRs has happened you can't do anything about that. The ruling you are thinking about is the 336 one that defines model aircraft / RPAS more clearly. That's this one http://www.suasnews.com/2014/07/29956/rcapa-rebuttal-to-the-faas-interpretation-of-the-special-rule-for-model-aircraft/ Its all

This is why it is more important then ever here in the US to get out and vote.
We are quickly moving to a police/nanny state where we are not allowed to think for ourselves.
I don't want to sound like some anti government nut job but we are losing freedoms by the day.
I am all for safety and I sort of understand this new rule for safety sake. It's pretty much a self inflicted wound. We have shot ourselves in the foot often enough with our stupid human tricks, be they born of ignorance or just stupidity, but we know that more laws and rules seldom put an end to stupidity.
Find lawmakers who are friendly, or at least understanding, to your cause or beliefs and get them elected.