Aeronavics / Droidworx Vibration dampener question (droidworx quick detach gear rail)

Any of you guys happen to know which of the two (red or black) sets of dampeners is actually harder material? I have been flying with the black set this past week and shot a good bit with the 5Dii.. the av200/skyline setup does an incredible job but i still seem to notice when beginning a move or stopping a move that the entire gimble seems to rock back and forth in the the gear rail. The dampeners allow quite a bit of movement while sitting on the work bench and I'm sure my newish piloting skills are also at work.. just wondering if the red dampeners are a little more solid or if most of you guys are just attaching the gear rail to the bottom plate of the skyjib 8 and not using the quick detach set up. Thanks in advance fellas.

Droider

Drone Enthusiast
The first ones where Red and Yellow. The yellow I think where the softer ones. The black I think are stiffer than the red but I ave not tried them as I am getting good results with the red ones. I guess as the load weight increases the mounts will need to be stiffer.
There again piloting skills and smooth flights are essential to get good video.

Dave

Not an expert by any means but just reflecting here several ideas that others claimed has helped a lot.
Read on a recent post here where someone took some soft noise protection earplugs and squished them inside of the black dampeners to stiffen them up a bit more.
Gives you the option to make some finer adjustments and worked for him very well. He posted before and after videos I believe.
Reducing your Basic and Attitude gains a bit more and obviously flying in still air can help a lot as well.
Switch from GPS to Attitude and avoid video work while doing fast vertical decents.
You can get a nice video during decent by coming down at an angle such as 45 degrees from vertical.
I have even seen some stability improvements on vertical decents with one of the latest Naza firmware upgrade.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'd love to see a picture of the ear plug gimmick. I may try that out tommorow if it doesj't rain all day. I also dialed some expo into my AIR,ELE channels and that helped take the edge off the top of the stick. Made a huge difference. Attitude seems to be the best mode for video.. although I thought I was going to lose the SJ a couple of days ago. Flew back high and wide.. probably 200ft or better and there was a heck of a wind up there. it took off backwards and I managed to get it back close and then switched to GPS mode for a little help. Landed safely with no issues other than a mini heart attack. Nothing in my 20 year career has been as much fun or a challenge as this. Having a blast! Thanks for the advice gentlemen.

nowsay

skyjib gear rail grommet vibration dampener issues red, black, yellow?

We are having significant problems with movement from the gear rail system. The grommets are moving all around allowing the whole gimbal to pitch at different angles when the heli moves. Since the picture we have tried flipping the grommets upside down and it did not seem to make a difference. Any answers?
attachment.php

Attachments

• DJS15621.jpg
    DJS15621.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 245

Quinton

Talking about the red grommets the quick release sits on.
Can you explain exactly what they are doing that you are not happy with. They are supposed to move about as they are dampening the movements. What exactly is moving and causing problems, do you have any video to show.

nowsay

video

Can you explain exactly what they are doing that you are not happy with. They are supposed to move about as they are dampening the movements. What exactly is moving and causing problems, do you have any video to show.

here is a video of the dampeners moving around. this is what we are experiencing during flight

You need to cut down a second set of dampers and squeeze them in-between on top. Between the plastic and metal. It will stop your issue.

kloner

Aerial DP
that's how ours is done too,,,, but mine are stuffed straight over the bottom set..... 2 rigs, both fixed from that shakin'*** sydrome

I learn so much reading these threads on issues I might encounter. I am not expert for sure. What about using a small zip tie to corral the rubber grommet in place. I found one guy that did a shot with the h3-3d with and without 1/10" sorbothane on his Zen. I had excellent results with my old setup with it sandwiched at the top of the gimble on my old 3axis Zen. I never had ANY vibs even on windy days that gimble was my rock. I am hopeful on my new gimble I have the same results. I was looking at your blow up pic and there is 4 bolts that are horizontal you could put the 1/10" sorbothane there. Have you had vibs that come and go?

I guess a second set squeezed in would work maybe better though. I like your setup. Is there a cage that can be ordered for the older Ad-8 to mount batteries up top? I like that mount better...unless you get a FOD..

-Cody

kloner

Aerial DP
zip ties work less than desireable cause they short out the rubber usually touching hard points some where. i have had decent luck with bolts through iso's with a hole, but the dw quick release doesn't have them.... the second set of rubbers works great... i'm honestly afraid to change something that works