UHF tx

DucktileMedia

Drone Enthusiast
yeah, I want to know the answer to this as well. Seems like it would be a superior frequency for long distance and not needing to be LOS.

yeehaanow

I think the video quality will not be as good as the higher frequencies. But you will have better penetration around objects. Something to think about is if you plan on doing long range fpv and you even get a UHF system for the RC Tx then it would be not good to have video on the same freq band.
However, that Tx is very low power and you might only get 100 ft. Or less. I would say don't waste your money.

haris_g

people can fly
thank you for the advise. so I should focus more on a 1.2 or a 5.8 since my RC Tx is a 2.4 , right?

yeehaanow

Yes. For normal range go with 5.8. For 1.2 you will need a low pass filter so it doesn't interfere with the 2.4 radio.

kloner

Aerial DP
I have 2 here, only played with one of them so far. Apparently some of them have a problem with tearing like this.....

kinda hard to see, but the top of the predator shot thats color shakes back and forth, top 1/8 of the screen and only when i use it with my fatsharks. With the immersion duo it doesn't do it. a small group of us at fpvlab bitched to saunders and he said some airwave tuners are better than others and that it was basically the receivers in the goggles causing the problem. Weird though cause i have an old version and it doesn't have that tearing. They are in stock everywhere now. I got mine from NGC in canada with the tearing feature,,,, the other just got here from future hobbies in cali

Last edited by a moderator: