TBS Discovery, FPV Quadro from Team Blacksheep based on DJI Parts

meme

Hello all, and thanks for the explanation hugy!
I will connect the OSD only today evening (have to figure out how :) ) When i fly my Wing, i turn back home when RSSI Value is around 85-90.
Spent my Lunchtime at the Field to check yello and vibrations in straight LOS, here is the result with some foamtape under the Gopro2 and some Foam behind the Cam. Flown with unbalanced Graupners and Cam setted to 960-48:

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
anybody know when the shipment of the discovery will start. States this past wednesday but did it really ? Disassembled my HT FPV already and waiting :)

Boris

kloner

Aerial DP
depends what you bought. they underestimated the support parts like core, cameras, etc.

mines in Frankfurt stuck in the mail

meme

Hello all, just a fast report (have to leave 4 dinner with my wife and if i am not in the shower in 3 minutes i'll be a dead man :) )
I wired and setted up the OSD jesterday:

Covered 800 meters again today with EZUHF setted to LO:
Take off with Rssi Value 2
200 meters 4-6
800 meters 8-24

The Rssi Value can be setted to analog or digital .

best, meme

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Nice one Meme, hope i will get the same results. With my Ht FPV and the EzUhf antennas I had 50 rssi value being out 400 m maybe. Ah lets see

Boris

hugy

50 rssi at 400m is pretty bad, what kind of tx and rx antenna's do you use. And what fpv equipment?

Here is one of my 18km flights. Look at the rssi values.

Last edited by a moderator:

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
This was my setup:

Had the Sandor Style Antennas on the bird and Transmitter.

Standrd ImmersionRC 8 CH EzUhf and the Immersion RC EZuhf on a DX6

HTFPVfin.jpg

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Japp and i didn't have any interference in the 433 range . I suspect the antennas. I have the Discovery and the QAV500 on its way and some EZuhf antennas from TBS if i still have the same results I might have to send in the EZuhf gear for a check up. If thats possible.

I also have quite some servo jitter, not physically on a servo but i can see it in the WKM or Naza Assistant barely keeping yaw in the mid position. Here again I think it have more to do with the PPM connection to the Radio.

Boris

kloner

Aerial DP
aren't those rabbit ears leaned over alot?

Is that a 4 lobe cloverleaf? needs a 3 lobe....... the battery balance wire near it isn't good. Deans near vtx isn't good. is this 2.4 video? is the vtx near the battery/deans? did you make the antennas? are they exactly 164mm from just past middle of the screw to the tip?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Kloner,

you are right at that time i didn't have a 3 lobe so i just stuck the 4 one on to have a finished foto of the build.

Video transmission was never an issue with this 2.4ghz system, but i will take your advice and separate the vtx form the lipo more on the next build !

What do you mean with " are they exactly 164mm from just past middle of the screw to the tip ?"

thanks

Boris

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Japp was a whole hassle. Didn't want to deal with going to shops for getting the spare parts so i ordered them over FPV uk something. Got the wrong length first since and they send me a second pair with the right size etc. Lets see have some TBS version coming. Since my HT FPV is already dissembled i am going to do some range tests today just with the components.

If i get the disired range i goes i have the answer that something was worng with the build.

Thanks !

Boris

meme

Had some flight today, managed also to find the right combination of Gelpads/Foamtape to have yello- and wobblefree Footage on the Gopro.
Have some strange drift in the Naza GPS, will repostion the GPS on the Frame.
With TBS- Stuff and EZUHF Range is not an Issue anymore, the next Step ist to have more flight Time than the 7-8 minutes i have already with 10"er Graups, DJI Motors and 3300 Nanos... what do you think...where i should starting change some components? @ Kloner, how much Flight Time do you have with your F450?

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
meme can you give links to the gel pads foam you are using ? Are you using that 80 euro stuff with the nobs shown in the fvplab forum ?

Thanks

Boris

kloner

Aerial DP
try a set of the 9" props...... they drop the watts all around by quite a bit.

mines been carrying 4s 3000 on top and 4s 1800 insideand she goes 16-18 minutes depending how far forward i push the cyclic in atti. it'll do 30mph with 300 watts or 45 mph with 600 watts on 9", 10" was another 100 watts and i din't notice anything better about it. 1680grams

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
did it come to the point that those gel pads are needed to get the frame absolutely vibration free or good balancing and some normal silicon cubes can also do the job. These thing are just dam expensive !

Boris

kloner

Aerial DP
according to trappy, any foam setup will tame it to 720, but if your after 1080p with the gopro, you need that sheet. only need half, wish one of you guys wanted it in the usa, i'd split it with ya