Aeronavics / Droidworx U7 Motor mounts for skyjib coax

epic4me

Kloner
How good are those KDE? I had a problem with a magnet on a U7 motor, on a big quad, it was difficult to find those motors ( I got them with armcopter.com )

View attachment 16918
View attachment 16919

Lanzar & Kloner:
Which are the best gains ( timing ) on a tiger ESC for use with the u7 motor?

Which is the best ESC for 6s and up?

For your help thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395464311.765580.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395464311.765580.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 281
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395464352.148160.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395464352.148160.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 315

kloner

Aerial DP
i remember it all....

the 3520 kde will do the same thing the u7 will prop wise, etc. my complaint is the bearings are so fragille in a motor that size and was my reason to jump up in diameter and carry the extra weight, but in my case being a hex carrying big payloads needed it. KDE is releasing a bunch of new motors this season,,,,, way better QA

u7 will be back in stock everywhere shortly....

the new 12s esc's are so new i haven't had a chance to try anything but tiger.....

roryhinds

Hi Steve

I assume you have to take the motor apart to put the screw in the put it back together and mount it?

======

Never mind, I'm an idiot and just figured it out.

Last edited by a moderator:

roryhinds

the contemplates are strengthened with the cage. I can see the centre plate being a problem if you don't use the cage but with the cage its a solid strong construction.

xerofly

Hi All,
Tiger Motors and their distributors around the world are least bothered to respond to any questions and returns of U7 490 KV...so think before you jump...no ownership of product....don't be beta testers like DJI does....there are many fly by night operators of Tiger who are selling U7....with no return policy...

i have tried with sky jib v2 lot of vibrations which are passed on to IMU..frame is soft for U7..

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

roryhinds

I spoke to Droidworx themselves who have a Coaxial Skyjib with the U7's running really well.

The 420KV would be a better suit than the 490Kv… no?

roryhinds

Kloner
How good are those KDE? I had a problem with a magnet on a U7 motor, on a big quad, it was difficult to find those motors ( I got them with armcopter.com )

View attachment 20953
View attachment 20954

Lanzar & Kloner:
Which are the best gains ( timing ) on a tiger ESC for use with the u7 motor?

Which is the best ESC for 6s and up?

For your help thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Loctite, can you not just scrap it off and remove it.

iconflyer

Hey guys, I got the new coax mounts from Aeronavics that are supposedly designed for the U7 motors. Unfortunately the motor sides extend about 1mm over the bolts so it's not possible to use a hex driver to hold the bolt in place to tighten. Has anyone been successful with those mounts?