Aeronavics / Droidworx U7 Motor mounts for skyjib coax

craigcski

Hey Guys,

These Tiger U7's are huge. The traditional coax mounts wont work. I'm having a tough time finding some that will work. Anyone know where I can get some?

Here's Specs of the U7 motors:
View attachment 16171

Attachments

• 20130928050236660.jpg
    20130928050236660.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 459

craigcski

How would you do coax like that? You wouldn't be able to get to the clamp bolts because the motor would be in the way.

STEVE5

Mounting bolts are slightly inside the motor. There is two big holes, and special scruedriver is needed, but with carfully handling, because the winding of the motor can be so close to bolts. But it can be done.
View attachment 16176

Attachments

• IMG_2128u.jpg
    IMG_2128u.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 449
Last edited by a moderator:

craigcski

Lanzar,
I was looking at those but they don't specify how they are mounted to the skyjib. They don't come with boom clamps so I'm a little confused..

Lanzar

Lanzar,
I was looking at those but they don't specify how they are mounted to the skyjib. They don't come with boom clamps so I'm a little confused..

You mount them on original plastic boom clamps and secure them with 4 screews. Easy and good solution with coax support also.

craigcski

Are the droidworx booms strong enough for an X4 U7 setup?

I would think so. they are 1.5mm thickness. Pretty damn ridged. I bridged one of these booms with bricks and put all my weight on it (150lbs). It didn't break and had little to no flex from what i could tell.

craigcski

You mount them on original plastic boom clamps and secure them with 4 screews. Easy and good solution with coax support also.

If im doing a x4 setup with this mount can I use the original octo clamps? or do i need the coax clamps?

Thanks for the help!

Lanzar

In my personal opinion they are not strong enough. They bent too much under load, boom are ok is just th center plates and the total structure is not strong enough. Well it depends on payload but since the motors are heavy and strong the booms and center plates are not strong enough. I suggest to use dubble centerplates, would be more stiff. And wrong gains are seleted in wkm it cold start oscilating To the point off no contol and crash.

iconflyer

Thanks for the quick reply!! Since the U7s are currently out of stock(and also the KW12s) I'm stuck with the MN4014-11 that I have which don't seem to have enough power at the moment at 6S. Any idea what's going on with the U7s(why no-one has them in stock)? Do you know if I can run 18" props on the MN4014-11s?

kloner

Aerial DP
if you lift a jib with a red, them arms flex like crazy just static

are you guys showing a skyjib with 18" props? are you guys running u7 with 15" props?

STEVE5

Hi to all,
this is my fine tune of DW SJ mount. Also usable for coax mount.
attachment.php

PS: srew is screw, sorry for bug...

kloner

Aerial DP
because tiger is in turmoil, it just got bought out by a new company with a whole new policy..... they are un doing all there old deals and there minimums just went through the roof..... I have seen problems from them since fall 2013

If you want a real motor and can't wait, get KDE direct, theres do spin 18"

Thanks for the quick reply!! Since the U7s are currently out of stock(and also the KW12s) I'm stuck with the MN4014-11 that I have which don't seem to have enough power at the moment at 6S. Any idea what's going on with the U7s(why no-one has them in stock)? Do you know if I can run 18" props on the MN4014-11s?