Tiger-Motors U8 + 28x9,2 props

srbell

That's pretty cool. I'll be heading to the Riegl booth on the 23rd, so I'll definately check the new frame out. I'm thinking it's going to have a pretty lofty price tag though, on top of the VUX-1 price.

Waladi

That's pretty cool. I'll be heading to the Riegl booth on the 23rd, so I'll definately check the new frame out. I'm thinking it's going to have a pretty lofty price tag though, on top of the VUX-1 price.
Guys,
Any detail picture or website on the frame you are talking about?

FerdinandK

And some pictures:
DSC03166.JPG

DJI_0104_5_6_7_8_filtered.jpg

DJI_0016_17_18_19_20_filtered.jpg

best regards
Ferdinand

srbell

Ferdinand,

I like to know as well! Pretty much giving up on U8's and from what I heard at the lidar convention in Denver the U10's are even worse. I have no idea how Riegl is getting 30 min with U8's? Not at 20+ kg. As for myself, I'll be switching to KDEXF-UAS75HV esc's with 8s packs and maybe KDE7208-135 motors.

Waladi

Hi Ferdinand,
I assume you still use 8S batteries.
Do you ever test the hobbywing 70A HV with 12S batteries?

FerdinandK

Actually yes up to 25 kg I fly with 8S and up to xx kg I fly with 12 S.
The Escs work fine with 12S
Best regards
Ferdinand

FerdinandK

Thank you for your comments.
@Old Man
The copter is not specific for Lidar, but could be.

@RobertoMFS
The flighttimes for different payloads I will present when I can support them with videos, but there will be no surprise, just depends on the payload and the amount of battery (or whatever media that can provide energy ;) )
The motors I ordered (and received) quite some time ago (more than a year, and at that point these were the only ones available regarding weight and KV. Motors are kde 7215XF-135

best regards
Ferdinand

RobertoMFS

What it's more efficient the KDE or the T-Motor?
What ESC do you use?

Thanks
Regards
Rob.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

FerdinandK

@RobertoFMS
I am using Hobbywing 70AHV (als always). The U8 and the KDE I am using are completely different, one has 250gr the other 600gr. They have very different purposes, so not directly comparable. To me both look and feel well manufactured, but to compare similar motors should be compared.

best regards
Ferdinand