Tiger-Motors U8 + 28x9,2 props

FerdinandK

If you go back to page 15 you can see more of it. The copter is manufactures by a local company. What I have to do with it is confidential.

best regards
Ferdinand

FerdinandK

The folding works as it should, and the frame is very stiff (much more than you are used to from other frames). But the major point is, without folding you would not be able to transport the copter in a car.

Well, about the costs ..., I am not sure if the copter is sold alone but you can ask.

best regards
Ferdinand

FerdinandK

Here some video to lean back, relax and enjoy the sound:
can you smell it?

best regards
Ferdinand

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Man

Just don't use JP fuel. The stuff smells like crap before and after burning.,,,

Last edited by a moderator:

dark_star

first turbine electric hybrid multi rotor i've ever seen. must have an interesting feel in flight? at full power on the turbine the FC would try to counteract that thrust, right? but good potential for nice FFF!

FerdinandK

if you would fly in GPS yes, I have to admit, that I have to learn flying with this thing (hope it lives long enough), but the aim is of course to fly that in manual mode (to get out the full potential.).
best regards
Ferdinand

Old Man

It's the end of the world as we know it...

Nice work! Keep a couple of fire extinguishers handy for those wet starts.

FerdinandK

@Old Man
The days of "wet starts" have long gone, if you do not something severely wrong, you cannot produce a wet start. Nevertheless a fire extinguisher is mandatory when dealing with gas-turbines.

@ProfEngr
Turbine, mounting and fuel for the moment 4kg, so I could still take 4kg payload with me (to stay below 25kg and for a flight-ttime of 30min).

best regards
Ferdinand

Clogz

Skunking about...
That's very impressive work Ferdinand. It's come a long way since I saw the vid with the much smaller airframe and electric pusher mounted on the back.

Loving it! :)

FerdinandK

First time on the airfield with the X16
20151111_161359_HDR.jpg

AUW 24,6kg (21kg copter, 3,6kg battery)

Transport needs more efforts:
20151111_111216.jpg

Here a short video

[video]

best regards Ferdinand