The Ten Commandments of FPV

cpmboy

upppss.....1 last thing I remember from a friend.........pick one POINT/OBJECT etc as a REFERENCE POINT and know your surroundings.

saidquad

One more thing. Don’t fly fpv alone for the first time. Let someone stand beside you and have eyesight on the bird and direct you while you fly.

kloner

Aerial DP
spotter, and it helps to always have one....... a spotter saved my zII this weekend. binoculars on hand helps alot

DesJardins

spotter, and it helps to always have one....... a spotter saved my zII this weekend. binoculars on hand helps alot
Couldn't agree more, my first FPV flight this weekend drove my wife nuts.
I kept asking "how high does it look & how far does it look" while I had the goggles on BUT no complaints when she wore the goggles and I just flew around LOS. LMAO

Great stuff guys!

kloner

Aerial DP
when them goggles go blank and your ripping them off your face, that gal next to ya becomes invaluable..... where is it, they point, you look and walla...... otherwise especially under goggles is so dissorientating coming out form the hood

DesJardins

For sure!

I was going to land with the goggles off but once I pulled them off it was like waking up from a sleep to a headlight in your face as my eyes tried to adjust so I said screw it and landed with goggles on the first time. That was a shocker too

Jodde73

Naza GPS is better than any spotter. It just sits were you let the controls go, ready for your input when you are. If you can't see it or if you are far far away, flip the rth and it comes to daddy. Has saved me a couple of times now where a spotter would not have been of any help. it's hard to see a 450mm quad 1.5km away
And if you are using the Gopro as fpv camera always REMEMBER TO PUT IT IN REC. The 120s auto power off (if in that mode) is a dark surprise in your goggles :).

DesJardins

Oh the first thing I did was go through the GoPro settings & selected it to Never auto turn anything off for that very reason.

kloner

Aerial DP
let me put it another way, when you have a catastrophic failure and you need to know where it went down cause say a fire hazard or it's in water, whatever, it is really good to have somebody there. i don't ask my wife to watch, but i guess i've freaked out so many times when it's up she just watches it out of habit now and it never fails i'll pop up and ask and shes there pointing the finger which way it is..... At first even though your looking out a camera, if your up high it is really hard to tell where you are, where you need to be, etc. You'd be surprised how far away you can see it..... especialy in binos. miles

Phil550

I've already broken Rule No. 5....

I bought the Hobbyking 5.8g 200mw FPV Tx & Rx and now want to add some Fatshark goggles but I understand that the two are not compatible.....

So can someone advise me of what to buy to achieve the following:

FPV setup on my 550 (see signature for details) - I don't need a huge range (500m should be ok as there's not much open space where I live in the UK and I already have the Spironet antenna) and I would like to be able to use a monitor as well as the goggles, although not necessarily at the same time...
Thanks in advance

kloner

Aerial DP
you want to wait for this... theres a few goggles already shipping, but this is designed and built for you and your region

http://www.nexwaverf.com/

get the omni for the craft, directional patch for the goggles and you'll have mad range

Phil550

Thanks Kloner - I'm new to this but I think I understand it...

Will I be able to use a monitor with this setup as well?

kloner

Aerial DP
yep, see at the very bottom how it talks about soon shipping uno v2 and duo v3,,,, those plug into a monitor

Lost count, but I think we are on 15 or 16.
Know the rules and regs for your area of the world. Pilots operating illegally give the lawmakers more ammo to restrict the use of this technology.

Cheers,
Shawn

kloner

Aerial DP
Lawmate 2.4, luminier sony 800 tvl, but to use 2.4 video you need a uhf system like ezuhf, go anywhere type system.

20140109110208-f2c34d51-la.jpg

If your stuck on 2.4 rc control, the immersion 5.8 with bluebeam ultras aka magic mushrooms are the bomb, but pretty limited in range though, 1/4 to 1/2 mile....