ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349791963.903900.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 358
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349792018.987556.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349792018.987556.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 290

KeithM

EZuhf PPM connection to Naza

Hey Kloner:

I think your using the PPM interface between the EZuhf receiver and the Naza. Could you supply the details about what needs to be connected to what and any thing else that would be easy to overlook? Eliminating a lot of wires would sure clean things up. Neither ImmersonRC or DJI give much info on how it should be done. Thanks in advance for your always great help.

kloner

Aerial DP
you go into immersion tools to configure the ezuhf rx and enable mikrocopter ppm ch1 box...... i use ch8 for rssi

now you gonna use one servo wire from ch1 on the ezuhf to x2 on naza. i have rssi signal and ground seperate and going into core.

open dji assistant, open tx calli tab and up at the top it has ppm as a option next to traditional/d-bus. click write...... now your back where you were. the switch assignment was different than i had mine hard wired... think mode is ch7, gain ch6,, something like that.

did you get diversity, regular or lite?

EDIT, something came to mind, each of the signal and each of the ground in the board are isolated as well as the rssi ground from the ground buss of the rest of the ezuhf. each needs a ground at all ends to work.

Last edited by a moderator:

KeithM

Thanks very much. I'll give it a try in the morning. I noticed the the pin 8 ground on the TBS board does not have continuity to the other pin grounds. I've been using channel 8 for my GoPro shutter trigger. Hope it will still work if I hook up the RSSI.

I got the diversity. receiver. I'll let you know how things work out.

keith

kloner

Aerial DP
on my latest board none of the - are continuity. i haven't touched my old one, works

keep us in the loop...... be careful till you get dji with ppm on. Guess she could start up,,, props off would be wise

kloner

Aerial DP
ready to fly with 4000 mah 4s is 1745 and a cased as-10 (gopros out for warranty) No batteries is 1395 and that's 100 gram motors, water buoy, as-10 and a pixim, core, naza gps, ezuhf, 1 watt 2.4 vtx....... will go as far as you can power it

KeithM

Kloner:

I followed your steps and the PPM is working perfectly. Sure is neat to lose all those wires.

I'm having trouble with the RSSI. Started out with it on channel 5 and it would read either 0% or 100% depending on which switch was assigned to the channel. Moved it to Ch 8. All I get are random readings between 0 and 60%. Doesn't matter if the transmitter is on or off - the values are the same. I've done the RSSI Core calibration procedure numerous times with no difference. IRCTools is set for the proper channel and everything is wired properly. Guess I'll figure it out eventually.

kloner

Aerial DP
that's what mine does with link quality........ you want it to output rssi, then in the cores setup menu, you gotta use digital if i remember right. only one of them works and i gotta fuss with it every build but then there dead on and work great.