Team Blacksheep Discovery build

ROVguy

I`ve just ordered my TBS ,core and Torxpower 2216 800 kv from Geoff.Will be using 10x5 graups and HobbyWing Pentium Brushless Motor 30amp esc speed controllers,FC will be OP CC3D.

Oh ,it will be made in Lankyshire:tennis:

PS .i will be selling one of these to pay for it:

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/omni-xlt-series/celestron-omni-xlt-150.html

£260 collection from Preston or Southport;)

I will be getting mine from Geoff also, just waiting on a really slow paying client (Grrr!). TBS and TBS Core, TIGER MT2216/12 800KV motors, Graupner 10x5 props, Maytech MT40A ESC's, Futaba R6208SB Receiver, DJI Naza+GPS.
Pixim Seawolf 690TVL,
Fat shark dominator 5.8ghz including receiver module, Immersion RC 5.8ghz transmitter 25mw will also be ordered.

Any recommendations with regards to batteries? I was thinking along the lines of Zippy 4S 5000mah 20C-30C?

Just wish this bloody money would come through so I can get my order in!!!!!

Edit:- Just had a look on eCalc, its saying I will only get a flight duration of 5.77 mins and this is with a 5000mah battery!! Ive put the xcopter weight at 1500g including drive train and put the rotor #4. Have i done something wrong here? If I can figure out how to get a screen grab on my Mac I will post up what it says.

Last edited by a moderator:

kloner

Aerial DP
irvan, had to give it a shot, but just the disco fits in this one..... it could fit smaller things like batteries and that...

sebas, yes the uhf systems with ppm out work on one wire with naza..... usually you run 2, one for naza and one for the osd to display your rssi value, that tells you how good the signal is at the rc receiver displayed on an osd like core's

ROV, the biggest that fits back there is 4s 4000 mah,,, i really like gens ace, kinda like sky lipo and the turnigy are alright. on mine i can hover for about 12-14 minutes, but i can only get 6-7 minutes of flight with less efficient motors than you got.

Sebas600

Thanks Kloner,

I was looking at the immersion uhf, this is affordable and with diversity receiver.
You have the same right? But cant find anywhere if it has a ppm out.
And what antenna's have you fitted to the ezuhf?
I still have an EZosd lying around and was thinking of putting that on. Never used it. But this will only ad the GPS function. Don't know it for sure yet... not really useful maybe.

Jake Bullit

Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
I used 4s 5000mah but couldn`t get the c of g right ,it was a bit better with 4000,but then I lost it and put it through a commercial greenhouse roof:black_eyed:
View attachment 6735

The spot where I LOST ORIENTATION IS ABOUT 4:20

Shuld`ve waited for a less windy day:dejection:

Attachments

• IMG_20120930_202700.jpg
    IMG_20120930_202700.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 294

kloner

Aerial DP
and a bad cg,,,,,,, mine kinda acted like that nose heavy,,,, sucked. 3500-4000 is perfect with a gopro up front, 3000 if nothing but a board cam

irvan36mm

Kloner and/or DesJardins- I am getting the GPS for my Naza this week for my TBS Disco
and was wondering what mode you guys have your GPS set up to do?
-George

DesJardins

Yup, you got it irv- !

Remember RTH is my "Last Resort" and I only tested it the first time to make sure by flipping the switch and by turning off my DX8 (that one was nerve racking) that it worked.

Enjoy!

I will be getting mine from Geoff also, just waiting on a really slow paying client (Grrr!). TBS and TBS Core, TIGER MT2216/12 800KV motors, Graupner 10x5 props, Maytech MT40A ESC's, Futaba R6208SB Receiver, DJI Naza+GPS.
Pixim Seawolf 690TVL,
Fat shark dominator 5.8ghz including receiver module, Immersion RC 5.8ghz transmitter 25mw will also be ordered.

Any recommendations with regards to batteries? I was thinking along the lines of Zippy 4S 5000mah 20C-30C?

Just wish this bloody money would come through so I can get my order in!!!!!

Edit:- Just had a look on eCalc, its saying I will only get a flight duration of 5.77 mins and this is with a 5000mah battery!! Ive put the xcopter weight at 1500g including drive train and put the rotor #4. Have i done something wrong here? If I can figure out how to get a screen grab on my Mac I will post up what it says.

Command + Shift + 3 or 4 will give you screenshot abilities ;) I believe 3 gives you an actual screen grab tool so you can choose which area to grab

meme

Hi Guys, some test Shot from the Disco with a CX on Board :

kloner

Aerial DP
man, shes given ya all shes got. that footage is brilliant. i gotta get my cams in order......

so hows it on there? sounds like it's nose heavy? or just flat out heavy? Wonder how shed do picking up a gimble?