Team Blacksheep Discovery build

kloner

Aerial DP
thanks jack!!!! everytime i run the flick it makes me smile...... unreal, livin the dream

Last edited by a moderator:

Vortex

Hey Kloner you really have it dialled in great and flying it like a champion!!! That was a great video, I really enjoyed watching it. I can only imagine how much fun you must have had making it!!!

Keep up the good work!!

Regards,

Lance

man that last video you posted in unreal kloner...looks like its all manual flying...wonder what it's like to fly a machine that performs that well lol

Looks good though man keep it going...How far have you made it with the quad and uhf now?

kloner

Aerial DP
thanks, it's been a long road but i'm reaping the benifits now....

This thing won't let me fly more than about 6-7 minutes like this.....it's pulling 50-60 amp continuous so it's just gonna burn through the packs.... I can get about a mile and a half away, but then it's a race to get back without burning up my packs,,,,, this was just under a mile up the tracks and about a mile down the tracks.... i had to memorize all the distances flying the zeph with osd cause my dvr changed all of a sudden. i used to be able to plug it in and walk away, well now you gotta turn it off then on to get a recording.. this chineese crap, i tell ya

this was a 3000 mah pack and it was hot when it came down,,,,, uh yea. motors were cool, esc's were slightly over ambient

thanks, it's been a long road but i'm reaping the benifits now....

This thing won't let me fly more than about 6-7 minutes like this.....it's pulling 50-60 amp continuous so it's just gonna burn through the packs.... I can get about a mile and a half away, but then it's a race to get back without burning up my packs,,,,, this was just under a mile up the tracks and about a mile down the tracks.... i had to memorize all the distances flying the zeph with osd cause my dvr changed all of a sudden. i used to be able to plug it in and walk away, well now you gotta turn it off then on to get a recording.. this chineese crap, i tell ya

this was a 3000 mah pack and it was hot when it came down,,,,, uh yea. motors were cool, esc's were slightly over ambient

Lol I hear ya...I've been going through withdrawals since I sent my naza off :( I've never gone any type of distance fpv yet but been wanting to start venturing out a little...but I don't know what to do about my radio...I got that spektrum dx7s...and looking into the LRS systems it doesn't look to promising...any advice?

I'm planning to build a Deep Reaper XL from crashtesthobby (kinda like a zeph) and use it as my main fpv platform...I have an assassin through them right now and boy does that thing kick some serious ***

kloner

Aerial DP
I'd ask that at fpvlabs and see what the guys trying it say. on my 11x this thing worked killer out of my trainer port, it was just to make my trainer port compatible turned off all the mixing int eh radio, trims, sub trims, but it did that with my phoenix flight sim too so i think that was an 11x specific flaw hence why ask somebody that has the exact combo and see if it fully functions.

I'm familliar with Crashtest

ROVguy

Ok guys, you lot are buggers (Yorkshire colloquialism) after reading about your tbs's I've decided to get one as my first MR as opposed to the DJI F450 and I must say I cannot wait. Is there any immediate advice or recommendations prior to my purchase?

kloner

Aerial DP
if your gonna plan ever using it for fpv, get the core and get it installed by them.

the screws that come from tbs if you get arms suck. look for a source to pick some up. Trappy gets $4 with screws that are too soft, i've gotten arms here for $6 a piece with real dji bolts, but you gotta ask dealers,,,,, it's not on the menu

past that, get a futaba radio so you can run it sbus with one wire and is easily upgradeable to uhf, same one wire setup

IF it was me and i was you, i'd wait till trappy has the new 900kv motors only cause it's all supported and very attractive. youll easily gets setup help with them and the simonk esc's. There all running naza, kk and open pilot for the most part, i'd pick one of the three

past the frame, core, motors and esc with tbs, i'd look at security cam 2000 for cams, readymade for video trans/receive stuff. Do you guys have an fpv store over there? might be easier to get the right stuff for the area, i think you have rules of so much power you can transmit

ROVguy

I was going to use it for fpv, why not when it's tailored for it? We have an excellent fpv store over here so I will be getting my gear from there (www.firstpersonview.co.uk) just a little plug for them ;) I will be getting the kit locally from Geoff at Quadcopters and as far as I am aware it comes as a kit with dji arms, motors and esc's I realise there are possibly better individual options on the market, but to get me up and running I will probably make that my starting point. I was going to go for the core option, is there any particular reason for me to get it installed by the dealer? I do have an electronics background. The one thing I cannot get locally (as far as I am aware) is the shield for the core, I may get that over in the states. Thanks for the heads up with regards to the screws, I will see what I can do over here. I am going to go with the futaba 8fg, I think we have spoken about this previously. Off the top of my head the setup will be:-
Tbs frame dji motors and esc come with the kit.
Naza+GPS flight controller
Futaba 8fg transmitter + R6208SB receiver
Fat shark dominator 5.8ghz including receiver module
Immersion RC 5.8ghz transmitter 25mw (uk regs etc)
Additional dji arms and upgrade props (graupner props 10x5)

kloner

Aerial DP
smart man, sounds like a gem. get me a report on that controller with the frame will ya

theres a wire at hobbyking that straddles the atmel chips for simonK firmware,,,, you want that

Vortex

I've been using an X525 frame as a flying testbed for my upcoming Disco build. It's all coming together now and the Disco and other parts are all all sitting here waiting to start the build.

I have settled on the Crius AIO board with Crius CN-06 v2 GPS and that is now sorted and flying great
I flashed a set of HK40a Blueseries ESCs with SimonK firmware and what an amazing difference that made!!!
Presently I am running a set of NTN35/30 1100 motors with 11x4.7 SF props. It's pulling 106A at full throttle from a Nano 45C 4500 4S pack

Most likely will fit up a set of AeroDrive SK3-35/36 1200 motors with 9x5 Graupner carbons that just arrived but will test them in the trusty ol X525 first but they are really well made and look like they will be on the money

I am really looking forward to getting the Disco together and flying!!!

Regards,

Lance

Sebas600

Great thread!

Starting a build of my own inspired on your great ideas!
Ordered a lot and now the wait...

- TBS frame, arms, core pre installed
- dji screw set
- 69 camera
- 2810 900kv
- 30amp turnigy plush
- got the 3s 4500 and 4s 4000 so will see what works best
- props 9x5 10x5 11x5 SF but will probably end up with graupners when I find out what works best.
- twisted servo/signal wires
- 5,8ghz 600mw with screw antenna
- Fatshark dominator
- naza + gps

Still considering to get the uhf set but is it possible to use this with the one wire to naza setup? (subs)
Or is there a ppm coder/decoder for this?